Torque settings for intake manifold TB belly pan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Torque settings for intake manifold TB belly pan

Arrggghhhh so Renntech have removed their instructions from the website which had the torque pattern and nm for the little bolts. I remember the pattern to be spiral (inwards to outwards like torquing a cylinder head), but I can't remember if it's 7nm or 9nm....?

I guess there's a negliable difference between the two, but that's how my last one ended up with worn threads, hence why I'd like to keep this one alive

FWIW the old url from my laptop history used to be:
nntechmercedes.com/index.php/customer/downloads/send/28-throttle-body/93-m156-63-amg-engine-throttle-body-kit-instructions

I think BLKROKT had a similar issue with the rear spoiler instructions as well. Damnit, i knew i should have taken screenshots.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I saved the Renntech instructions somewhere. Will find and post shortly.

Their new website's lack of all the old instructions is.... irritating. All of the old url's have been disabled. I found a cached version of the wing instructions yesterday, but it was sans pictures. Try doing a Google machine search for "Renntech c63 AMG throttle body instructions", and select the cached version?
Old 07-12-2017, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 - E63 AMG
That was actually a very good idea to look for the cached version, but I'm guessing the pdf instructions to their site was on a no index setting for the search bots - no info that I can find at least. Besides, the info I need was right at the bottom of the pdf.

It's all good. In the end I settled on 8nm for both the belly pan and the inner surround that secures the TBs in place. I'm pretty sure it's 7nm but the hoodrat in me chose 8nm because 8 > 7

When I get a moment, I'll make a quick photochop of the bolt pattern - i remember it so well that i instinctively just got on with it and I'm sure it was correct.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That would be great to know, thanks. I've been putting off taking my manifold off and disassembling it. I've got phenolic spacers to get on, want to clean any oil out, and shave down my TB shafts. All gaskets and bolts inside can be reused except those holding on the intake manifold itself, right?

The wing instructions were PDF also, and Google still cached them in html.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I saved the Renntech instructions somewhere. Will find and post shortly.

Their new website's lack of all the old instructions is.... irritating. All of the old url's have been disabled. I found a cached version of the wing instructions yesterday, but it was sans pictures. Try doing a Google machine search for "Renntech c63 AMG throttle body instructions", and select the cached version?
Instructions will be back soon.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
I have to be honest, I bolted down the throttle body's until I felt it to be right. I also did the same for the belly pan on the manifold and just started from the center and did the old criss cross. I showed my good friend who is a lead/amg tech the instructions per Mercedes on what the bolt down pattern was and he crumbled it up and did it his own way which was pretty much started from center and criss crossed it (I didn't really look or care to question what he was doing or how much tq he put on it) and no leaks and the car runs like a unicorn
Old 07-13-2017, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RENNtechHQ
Instructions will be back soon.
That's awesome, thanks. Really enjoyed reading through those.

While we have your attention.... how about a Group Buy on Renntech Throttle Bodies?

Trending Topics

Old 07-15-2017, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 - E63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
That would be great to know, thanks. I've been putting off taking my manifold off and disassembling it. I've got phenolic spacers to get on, want to clean any oil out, and shave down my TB shafts. All gaskets and bolts inside can be reused except those holding on the intake manifold itself, right?

The wing instructions were PDF also, and Google still cached them in html.
Yeah man, all reusable except the exterior gaskets n bolts as you already know.

I'm happy to make a photochop for you, if you need to know the bolt pattern sooner rather than later, but if you're not in a hurry, I figured the RENNtech instructions will be more conclusive than mine anyway

I'm glad that they're at least going to have them back online for the community again soon
Old 07-15-2017, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks man, no rush. I'm about to do the Weistec idler pulleys and serpentine belt today, also change my PS fluid and maybe put my dash back together. Plenty to do, will save the IM for another day.

Of course, if RENNtech decides to gift us with a GB for their TBs, I'll just do it all then.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 07-15-2017 at 05:59 PM.