Sponsored by:

Intake switcharoo....project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by SROC276
Absolutely....I like the comments but want to make sure folks understand it was done for fun and love of the platform...yes if not for your suggestion to use torque app...I would not know half of the parameters or gotten a retune for the intake specifically...so thank you for that suggestion. Yes approach could’ve been better but goal was try something new cause I haven’t seen it other than the DADs platform and what’s normally spoken about. The ORion units are new and didn’t see many people try ITG units or BMC units...I get it was tight constraints....so when I saw the Orion dimensions I gave it a shot. I also wanted an inline flow filter vs the current z path of ours.

yes this intake will not net you 10hp more than ROW or Carbonio...it will give whopping +1-3 whp more on its own lol....unknown what power level is now....will dyno it one last time with the tune and see where we are at. I shared torque app hp levels with you in last post but not sure if that is even remotely correct.

thanks for the imputs
again, even with the new tune bro, do a log, go back home swap out the intake and do another log. this will tell us all we need to know.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
These findings could be complete trash to some but it's what I got out of the app and I compiled it for those who asked to see. Yes I took it all apart again and put the Carbonios back in for you lot.

Finally did the last log and did my best to get it all fair and tidy (still may not be). Torque app is not what you would call super accurate in terms of taking data inputs exactly the same time. Ive been told some of the points are just not as a good as a pro logging tool that tuners use but it could give a general idea.

I removed the Orion intake and placed back the carbonio airboxes + RAM air kit. The new tune stayed in the car along with the carbonio. MAF readings showed increased flow on low to mid range, dropping below carbonio set up at around 70-90 mph (maybe the ram air?). At 5500 to 7k....the Carbonio set starting making more power and torque. Not sure again if this is the RAM air or not as I will need to do a 4th test to do that so will try that later. Folks are free to share log files with me too just to compare.

The run was a full 3rd gear starting 2k rpm WOT to redline. Nothing else was done. I will dyno the car again in a week or so to see what changes compared to whopping +1-3HP gain I will get under the new tune.
Thanks for watching!!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
Head to Head.xlsx (10.1 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by SROC276; 11-07-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Update: I tested the ram air tray only with the oem air ducts and intake temps matched full RAM air set up 104F -118F vs 145F average with stock trays. Outside temps same at 59-60F. MAF flow increased slightly. Attached is updated log for 3rd test. Thinking this will be final set up as I do not want to cut ram air air ducts to fit the Orion set up.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
Head to Head (1).xlsx (12.1 KB, 78 views)