C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

East Coast Euro C63 Billet/Poly Engine and Transmission Mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:03 PM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
Well, they're in. Not a terribly difficult job to do save for the top 16mm bolts which were difficult to reach, had to feel around for them a bunch. Wish I could get in and go for a drive at this point but I'm still putting a wavetrac LSD in and some other maintenance, hope to have everything done by the end of this week. At that point I'll let everyone know how they feel

Side by side

See all that reddish looking stuff? That's fluid from the OEM mounts when they burst.

The passengers side mount was completely wrecked internally. Could move the head around like an xbox joystick. Drivers side wasn't much better.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Funkwagen
The passengers side mount was completely wrecked internally. Could move the head around like an xbox joystick. Drivers side wasn't much better.
Did you have any symptoms from those worn mounts?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
Did you have any symptoms from those worn mounts?
Only one that was extremely noticeable: On cold start, I'd get a very loud metal on metal rattling noise while accelerating. Both sides had collapsed, so the engine was sitting a bit more than an inch lower than usual, and I guess the exhaust was coming into contact with a heat shield or part of the body. Couldn't find exactly where, so no damage done. But it was very noisy

Couldn't tell if it had affected ride quality too much since I'd only been driving the AMG for a month after I bought it before it went away for the winter
Old 03-29-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Any thoughts on replacing the trans mount or is it not as prone to failure as the engine mounts?
Old 03-29-2018, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts
C63 and CLK55
Only one that was extremely noticeable: On cold start, I'd get a very loud metal on metal rattling noise while accelerating. Both sides had collapsed, so the engine was sitting a bit more than an inch lower than usual, and I guess the exhaust was coming into contact with a heat shield or part of the body. Couldn't find exactly where, so no damage done. But it was very noisy

Couldn't tell if it had affected ride quality too much since I'd only been driving the AMG for a month after I bought it before it went away for the winter
Nice work! Looks like the mount had completely failed. Looking forward to hearing your driving impression.

Originally Posted by willms81
Any thoughts on replacing the trans mount or is it not as prone to failure as the engine mounts?
The trans mounts will be available soon. The engine mounts do the majority of the work though
The following users liked this post:
Funkwagen (03-30-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 02:21 AM

Well I finally got to take the car for a road test today and I can say I'm very happy with these mounts. The 40A bushings are very close to OEM for overall comfort but wow do these mounts hold well. My perception might be slightly skewed because I only remember driving on failed/failing mounts, but, I can't find any reasons as to why someone shouldn't upgrade to these if they ever need to replace the OEM mounts. The car just seems far more responsive to throttle input now. This, combined with my wavetrac upgrade has completely transformed the car. I've never felt the car pull so hard when I put my foot down. VERY happy with these, worth every penny. The only real perceptible increase in cabin vibration is when creeping along at below 5km/h, and it's very faint. While at a standstill, the amount of vibration is so negligible that you'd probably forget you have poly engine mounts in the first place.

I bought these mounts for the expected improved durability, the difference they've made in overall feel of the car is great. 10/10, recommended for SURE

Last edited by Funkwagen; 04-03-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Well I finally got to take the car for a road test today and I can say I'm very happy with these mounts. The 40A bushings are very close to OEM for overall comfort but wow do these mounts hold well. My perception might be slightly skewed because I only remember driving on failed/failing mounts, but, I can't find any reasons as to why someone shouldn't upgrade to these if they ever need to replace the OEM mounts. The car just seems far more responsive to throttle input now. This, combined with my wavetrac upgrade has completely transformed the car. I've never felt the car pull so hard when I put my foot down. VERY happy with these, worth every penny. The only real perceptible increase in cabin vibration is when creeping along at below 5km/h, and it's very faint. While at a standstill, the amount of vibration is so negligible that you'd probably forget you have poly engine mounts in the first place.

I bought these mounts for the expected improved durability, the difference they've made in overall feel of the car is great. 10/10, recommended for SURE
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're happy with them. Transmission mounts are shipping tomorrow. Including both poly options in case people want to go stiffer.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 193 Posts
Built 2008 G55 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
yay ! can't wait to get my full set in.....these are jsut ano-brainer if your car is a long term hold and modded....or even stock.

E
Old 04-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by Texas E63
yay ! can't wait to get my full set in.....these are jsut ano-brainer if your car is a long term hold and modded....or even stock.

E
You should see them Friday!
Old 04-04-2018, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by East Coast Euro
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're happy with them. Transmission mounts are shipping tomorrow. Including both poly options in case people want to go stiffer.
Awesome can’t wait. I should get mine in this weekend.

Would you guys mind giving us a quick write up on the trans mount install and jack point? I assume it’s more straightforward than the motor mounts, but if there are any tricks to the install in your experience it would be good to know. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by BLKROKT

Awesome can’t wait. I should get mine in this weekend.

Would you guys mind giving us a quick write up on the trans mount install and jack point? I assume it’s more straightforward than the motor mounts, but if there are any tricks to the install in your experience it would be good to know. Thanks in advance.
The trans mount is held in by three bolts on the bottom and two that hold the mount to the back of the trans. Remove the bottom three bolts (13mm if I recall) and then jack the trans up. I would have to look under a car to remember where to lift the trans but use a block of wood so you don't damage the trans pan. Remove the two bolts on the back of the trans (16mm I believe) and reverse to install. It's pretty straight forward. Takes less than 30 minutes.
BLKROKT (04-04-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 12:27 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
Man, if did just drop some serious $$ on KW V3s, I'd be all over this. Definitely on my to-buy list!!!
Old 04-20-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 228 Likes on 152 Posts
Engine mounts are works of art, the design and quality appear superb.
Can't wait to get these bad boys on.

Thank you, Ahmad!
Old 04-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by gtracer
Man, if did just drop some serious $$ on KW V3s, I'd be all over this. Definitely on my to-buy list!!!
No problem. Let us know when you're ready.
Originally Posted by MBNRG
Engine mounts are works of art, the design and quality appear superb.
Can't wait to get these bad boys on.

Thank you, Ahmad!
Thank you! We are glad you are happy with them. We love hearing feedback on our products
Old 04-24-2018, 02:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
Hey team,

Looks like installation is pretty straight forward, what's the expected arrival time to 94601?
How may I purchase a set?
Old 04-24-2018, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by jumph4x
Hey team,

Looks like installation is pretty straight forward, what's the expected arrival time to 94601?
How may I purchase a set?
Hello. Yes we have a write-up for install as well. We expect them to be shipping early next week. You can either PayPal to info@eastcoasteuro.com or PM us with your full name, shipping address, and email and we can send you an invoice. Thanks

Last edited by East Coast Euro; 04-25-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
Originally Posted by East Coast Euro
Hello. Yes we have a write-up for install as well. We expect them to be shipping early next week. You can either PayPal to ibfiinfo@eastcoasteuro or PM us with your full name, shipping address, and email and we can send you an invoice. Thanks
Thanks! Same pricing for the E55 version?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by jumph4x
Thanks! Same pricing for the E55 version?
Yes sir
Old 04-30-2018, 08:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
New batch in stock now!
Old 05-12-2018, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Glad you are happy with them! It is a shame they are tucked away under the engine. If you want to do a comparison video of the stock engine mount flex versus these mounts in sure you'll see a huge difference. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

These are 60A. We see no need to go any further than that. We recommend 40A for street cars and 60A in track cars. We have a racecar in Australia that will be running a full set of our mounts soon.
Originally Posted by deadlyvt
Thanks will look forward to his review

So I just got the motor and trans mounts in. Woooooooooooooooooooow. The car feels so different, I LOVE IT. I ordered the 60A durometer mounts, and I can confirm that it does NOT feel like stock. By the way, even with all the hard driving I’ve put the car through (~100 1/4 mile passes and ~30 track days), the OEM mounts looked great. No leaks and at full height. And as expected the ECE mounts lowered the engine about 6mm, exactly what my strut bar needed to clear my new airboxes. Bonus.

Will probably order a set of 80A replacement poly disks to play around with. I can’t imagine that it’s needed for the motor mounts, but maybe for the trans.

Ok. So at idle the car shakes. Like the headlights shake. It’s amazing. Rev it in neutral and it reminds me of an old muscle car. In gear at anything other than idle it feels just firmer and the throttle is way more connected (almost as big a difference as the CF driveshaft in that respect). Shifts are even crisper. I’ve only had a short drive and a couple of medium 2nd and 3rd gear pulls because of the weather but absolutely love love love this mod so far. The car feels the ****in business. Will have more to say after the true test at VIR next weekend.

Thanks Ahmad, your mounts are terrific.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 05-12-2018 at 03:59 PM.
krazzdav (05-29-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 06:40 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
ECE: do you carry both engine & transmission mounts for W216 CL63 AMG 6.3L?
Old 05-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by BLKROKT

So I just got the motor and trans mounts in. Woooooooooooooooooooow. The car feels so different, I LOVE IT. I ordered the 60A durometer mounts, and I can confirm that it does NOT feel like stock. By the way, even with all the hard driving I’ve put the car through (~100 1/4 mile passes and ~30 track days), the OEM mounts looked great. No leaks and at full height. And as expected the ECE mounts lowered the engine about 6mm, exactly what my strut bar needed to clear my new airboxes. Bonus.

Will probably order a set of 80A replacement poly disks to play around with. I can’t imagine that it’s needed for the motor mounts, but maybe for the trans.

Ok. So at idle the car shakes. Like the headlights shake. It’s amazing. Rev it in neutral and it reminds me of an old muscle car. In gear at anything other than idle it feels just firmer and the throttle is way more connected (almost as big a difference as the CF driveshaft in that respect). Shifts are even crisper. I’ve only had a short drive and a couple of medium 2nd and 3rd gear pulls because of the weather but absolutely love love love this mod so far. The car feels the ****in business. Will have more to say after the true test at VIR next weekend.

Thanks Ahmad, your mounts are terrific.
Great! Glad you're happy with them. We only recommend the 60A for track cars for exactly that reason. Keep us posted on how they work at VIR for you!

Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
ECE: do you carry both engine & transmission mounts for W216 CL63 AMG 6.3L?
Hi. We have not test fitted in a CL63 but looks like they use the same engine mounts as the W211 E63 which we have installed mounts in. What year is your car so we can get an exact part number? We are waiting on a new batch of polyurethane now though.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:22 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Sure, 2009 CL63AMG . Makes sense same as E-class AMG.

40A hardness
Old 05-13-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
Can you pm me a price for both mounts shipped to UK?
Old 05-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
Sure, 2009 CL63AMG . Makes sense same as E-class AMG.

40A hardness
Yes engine mounts are coming up as same part number
Originally Posted by Phil_T
Can you pm me a price for both mounts shipped to UK?
PM sent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Euro C63 Billet/Poly Engine and Transmission Mounts