C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

how do I disable autoplay for the command center?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350

I need to disable autoplay in the Command Center. I don't see how anyone with an iPhone could possibly drive this car. As soon as I get in the car, it connects to Bluetooth and then command center makes it start playing the first song on my phone. I've actually taken all the songs off my phone now, but it still tries to connect to Apple music. Then when I try to stream spotify, it won't let me pause the music because it immediately starts it again.

This is the fault of your command center, not the iPhone. So how do I turn off autoplay? If not possible them I'll get rid of the car and by a different brand of car.
The following users liked this post:
Riley Hunter (04-13-2020)
Old 02-28-2018, 07:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
13 C63 AMG P31
I haven't been able to find that option in COMAND. It's definitely annoying, and I think it's an issue with iOS (https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/13/1...le-silent-song)

From here, I tried the "Turn off Carplay" option but it did not work.
https://www.imore.com/how-stop-music...aying-your-car

I think for you, since you've already deleted all of your music off of the phone, you should try the following:
http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/29/stop-...car-bluetooth/
Option 3: Disable Cellular Usage of Music App to Stop Autoplay

If the music app that is auto-playing is streaming over a cellular connection, you can disable that apps ability to use cellular data to prevent it from streaming any music and thus disable auto-play of music from that app.

Go to the “Settings” app and then to “Cellular” and scroll down until you find the app(s) in question that are auto-playing music in the car from your iPhone. Turn the switch to the “OFF” position to stop them from using cellular data.

I would try this myself but it would just revert to playing the local music on my phone, which I do not want to delete.

Last edited by eXstasy; 02-28-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350

Originally Posted by eXstasy
I haven't been able to find that option in COMAND. It's definitely annoying, and I think it's an issue with iOS (https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/13/1...le-silent-song)
unfortunately, I found out directly from the Mercedes Corporation office in Fontana California that there is no way to turn off autoplay. The newer cars don't have it, but because iPods were big back in 2010 when my car was made, they didn't think that you would need to turn off autoplay. So it seems like my choices are limited to getting a newer car, swapping out my iPhone for an android phone (which I don't know why I would want to do since even the iPhone 7 is faster than the S9) or go back to using the Bluetooth device I was using before, which uses auxiliary cable instead of connecting through the MMI. It's connecting through the MMI that is causing the autoplay to work.

Even though I deleted all the music off of my phone, it still tries to open Apple music. I really thought of your other options including turning off cellular streaming for Apple music an turning off car play, but unfortunately neither of those did any good. And even if I open Spotify or Tidal, the autoplay affects them as well, so it doesn't let me pause the music. So it seems like less of a headache to use my older Bluetooth device and return the MMI compatible device. That's a shame because the music probably sounds better through the digital connection, but what good is that if it's constantly driving me nuts? Fortunately, I also have the Apple watch 3, which lets me remotely control the songs on my phone, so that I don't have to keep on going back to the streaming app just to be able to change songs. Actually when I connected the MMI, it disabled this function and actually would only show Apple music on the car display.

I guess the bottom line is, technology has moved on, but the command unit is older and not really set up for this. So my advice is to just use a Bluetooth receiver that goes through the auxiliary instead of the MMI connection and that will solve your autoplay problem.

From here, I tried the "Turn off Carplay" option but it did not work.
https://www.imore.com/how-stop-music...aying-your-car

I think for you, since you've already deleted all of your music off of the phone, you should try the following:
http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/29/stop-...car-bluetooth/

I would try this myself but it would just revert to playing the local music on my phone, which I do not want to delete.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
Can it be the phones settings? Trying to think if this ever bothers me or even happens but since I back in my driveway/garage I always hit mute beforehand so that may be why
Old 03-01-2018, 12:43 PM

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts
2014 C63 Coupe
This is easy. Don't leave it on media/bluetooth mode, then it won't autoplay. Leave it on sat or regular radio.

There is no disable auto-play for bt audio just like there is no disable auto-play for the radio or disc modes. If it was on when you got out, it will be on the next time you get in.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Ludedude
This is easy. Don't leave it on media/bluetooth mode, then it won't autoplay. Leave it on sat or regular radio.

There is no disable auto-play for bt audio just like there is no disable auto-play for the radio or disc modes. If it was on when you got out, it will be on the next time you get in.
100% correct and can confirm this works, as it is exactly what I do.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Originally Posted by Ludedude

I wouldn't have told him... I would have let him sell the car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diabolis:
Ludedude (03-01-2018), SaphGreyC63 (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 05:17 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
for iPhone's the hack is to download a song that is a blank audio file that is on loop and make sure that is the first song within iTunes.

but as others have stated the only way is to keep it out of that function.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 03-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts
2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Diabolis
I wouldn't have told him... I would have let him sell the car.