C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Dog Whistle at 47-53mph is GONE GONE GONE!!! Other noises remain...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 10:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 C63
The Dog Whistle at 47-53mph is GONE GONE GONE!!! Other noises remain...

Turns out, the plastic in the grille warped slightly and was causing the noise. I am so happy to be rid of that noise. It was super annoying.

Bought my car December of 2016. 2014 w204 C63 Base Model with only 2500 miles. Didnt take long for all the rattles and whistles to start annoying me. I deal with this kind of stuff on almost every car ive purchased. My job is to pick out nuances in operation to prevent failure so that trait carrys unfortunately... One noise in particular had been elusive to two dealerships and a few technicians. Didnt matter windows up/down, HVAC on/off, recirc on off....between 47 and 53mph there was a dog whistle in my car. It was so faint and intermittent, but i was fully tuned into it. It would stop with Rain. Rarely I would hear it over the radio....but then i just put on some Rick Ross and that would get rid of it. Needless to say, that had gotten really tiresome. I tried taping up all the window seams to try and help out technicians on the car but no dice. Removed those stupid plastichrome fingernail guards on both doors...turns out it was the platichrome on the front grille.

Plenty of noises in this car...the passenger seat belts whistle with windows open and a strong cross breeze. The rattling rear decklid is an ongoing issue, already been replaced twice. Also, I dont like how the engine whines like my 88 mustang PS pump. Im told its the 4 cam setup...I dont like it at all.

Oh ya, How about that engine rattle on startup?!?! WTF is up with that design flaw...im sure thats a beaten horse on this forum lol...

It is time to make this car louder now that the dog whistle is gone. Remus Cat back is tucked away in the spare bedroom...didnt want to hear the "We cant hear it with the aftermarket exhaust" BS...luckily i found a great dealership on Long Island. Totally changing my negative ownership experience into a positive one.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Originally Posted by FactoryFast
Plenty of noises in this car...the passenger seat belts whistle with windows open and a strong cross breeze.
It annoys me, my seatbelts don't whistle but they flap around everywhere even though they sit firmly against the rear seats (passenger front also flaps around). Have never had this issue in other cars but it is annoying when I have all the windows down.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:44 PM

2014 C63
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
It annoys me, my seatbelts don't whistle but they flap around everywhere even though they sit firmly against the rear seats (passenger front also flaps around). Have never had this issue in other cars but it is annoying when I have all the windows down.
Perhaps the seatbelts is a non issue in the sedans?
Old 05-30-2018, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Mine is sedan :/
Old 05-30-2018, 03:21 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
I get the seat belt whistle on occasion when wind conditions are right.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
I installed a couple of foam pads cut into pieces that would expand in the lightning holes from the underside of the rear decklid the first week after I bought my car 4 years ago. It’s really hard to tell what rattles when the car isn’t static... so I just put some foam pads in several places drove around, tried it again in another area until it went away. By trial and error method. Rattling gone since.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:04 PM

2014 C63
Talking

Originally Posted by sinape62
I installed a couple of foam pads cut into pieces that would expand in the lightning holes from the underside of the rear decklid the first week after I bought my car 4 years ago. It’s really hard to tell what rattles when the car isn’t static... so I just put some foam pads in several places drove around, tried it again in another area until it went away. By trial and error method. Rattling gone since.
Ill be sure to tell my tech when i drop it off...love me some warranty!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
I had the dealer check mine out a couple of years ago and they reported the Xentry showed normal. The temp. coming out of vents was considered normal.
Mine was blowing too much cold air out of top vents at certain times. Someone said probably one of the multiple sensors.
So, I just use the little wheels on vents and close down the vent until the air matches what I want.