C63 AMG LCI Intro + questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63AMG
C63 AMG LCI Intro + questions

Hello fellow Enthusiasts,

This is my first post on this forum as I recently acquired a 2013 C63 AMG. I have been a fan of the M3 for a very long time and have previously owned 4 in total including the last gen E92 M3. Unfortunately some things came up and I regretfully ended up selling the E92 M3 and for a few months stayed driving a daily Mk6 GTI. I experienced the new BMW chassis of F8X series, however with so many electronics and electric steering, as well as the cars tremendous long size and height, I decided to part ways with BMW and was on the lookout for something else given that I could not find another E92 M3.

This past Sunday I was able to come across a deal that sounded pretty great, and picked up a 2013 C63 AMG LCI model. Right away I have been looking for mods and accessories all over the thread, and one thing that I have not been able to find is the front black grill for the car???
Does anyone have any pointers? I am trying to black out all the chrome pieces on the car, and yes I could plasti dip I guess, but I am really looking for a grille that I could buy.

Furthermore, I have been trying to look for the best TCU module, however I do not see that anyone offers that either, at least anymore ( I've only seen that WEISTEC and VIVID RACING had produced one), so if you have some pointers please share.
Finally, I am looking for some spacers for the car that I have seen that ECS tuning offers, however anyone use anything else? Any vibration after installation?

I am located in the Atlanta, GA area so I am looking to do some track days with the car once it is up to par (changing brake pads and brake fluid to start off) here at the Atlanta Motorspeedway so if anyone is from the area please let me know I'd love to meet up.

Look forward to your responses!! Happy Motoring!!
Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Welcome.

While Weistec did offer a TCU tune, I'm not sure if they do anymore. If you're trying to make the MCT box feel like a DCT box, I'd give up now unfortunately. DCT's are awesome. MCT / Speedshift or whatever the PFL has isn't the best of things.

You should be able to find a gloss black grille on ebay. That's your best bet. ECS tuning spacers are fine from my understanding. I ran them on my E46 M3 without issue, but have since switched over to H&R with the C63. There's probably no difference to be completely honest. Rather than trying to get the right length of extended bolts, I'd opt for a stud kit. Makes life a lot easier when removing wheels, etc. You come from the BMW world so you probably know all about Motorsport Hardware's kits.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Welcome and congrats! Had to look up wth LCI meant lol. Prefacelift / Facelift works better for non BMW people.

I would say just vinyl wrap the grill unless you want to pay a premium for the two pieces ($500-$800).

Don't worry about the TCU, a tune helps as well.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM

W204 C63AMG
I'm really looking for some loud throttle blips, so I am hoping to find a solution to that.

Vynil wrap might end up being the best thing for what I am looking for so I may take your advice on that. All gloss black grills so far that I have found on ebay are either for non C63 models, or they are 2009-2011 models, nothing for the Facelift models.
Any pointers who might sell a stud kit right off top? I actually had a stud kit for my E92 M3, but that came from Turner Motorsports which is a BMW specific distributor, so if you know of someone that sells a stud kit for our cars please share...

AMG3.2 - love your wheel set up!

Thanks guys!!
Old 07-11-2018, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 547 Likes on 483 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Haha with the LCI BMW reference...

Since you have a 2013, you have the updated trans so it is a bit better than previous transmission.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by ConceptC63AMG
I'm really looking for some loud throttle blips, so I am hoping to find a solution to that.

Vynil wrap might end up being the best thing for what I am looking for so I may take your advice on that. All gloss black grills so far that I have found on ebay are either for non C63 models, or they are 2009-2011 models, nothing for the Facelift models.
Any pointers who might sell a stud kit right off top? I actually had a stud kit for my E92 M3, but that came from Turner Motorsports which is a BMW specific distributor, so if you know of someone that sells a stud kit for our cars please share...

AMG3.2 - love your wheel set up!

Thanks guys!!
Thanks!

I believe this is the size I went with but can go measure later this evening.
https://motorsporthardware.com/produ...x1-5-audivwmb/

Ball seat for factory wheels, and cone seat for most aftermarket wheels.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:50 PM

W204 C63AMG
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Thanks!

I believe this is the size I went with but can go measure later this evening.
https://motorsporthardware.com/produ...x1-5-audivwmb/

Ball seat for factory wheels, and cone seat for most aftermarket wheels.
Are you running spacers? It says that the length of them is good for 15mm spacers, so I think I should be ok given that I will go with the 12.5mm front and 10mm rear.

Let me know please if that's the size if you get a chance,

Thanks,

Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Are you running spacers? It says that the length of them is good for 15mm spacers, so I think I should be ok given that I will go with the 12.5mm front and 10mm rear.

Let me know please if that's the size if you get a chance,

Thanks,
Yes, 15 in the rear and 10 in the front H&R. Yes, I'll measure tonight and let you know but 95% positive it's that size.

Edit: Just looked at my receipt... I ordered 64mm Silver Stud Kit 14x1.5. Per Ryan over at MS Hardware, torque them to 25 FT. LBS. with blue/medium lock tight.

Last edited by AMG3.2; 07-11-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Sedan
Hello fellow Enthusiasts,

This is my first post on this forum as I recently acquired a 2013 C63 AMG. I have been a fan of the M3 for a very long time and have previously owned 4 in total including the last gen E92 M3. Unfortunately some things came up and I regretfully ended up selling the E92 M3 and for a few months stayed driving a daily Mk6 GTI. I experienced the new BMW chassis of F8X series, however with so many electronics and electric steering, as well as the cars tremendous long size and height, I decided to part ways with BMW and was on the lookout for something else given that I could not find another E92 M3.

This past Sunday I was able to come across a deal that sounded pretty great, and picked up a 2013 C63 AMG LCI model. Right away I have been looking for mods and accessories all over the thread, and one thing that I have not been able to find is the front black grill for the car???
Does anyone have any pointers? I am trying to black out all the chrome pieces on the car, and yes I could plasti dip I guess, but I am really looking for a grille that I could buy.

Furthermore, I have been trying to look for the best TCU module, however I do not see that anyone offers that either, at least anymore ( I've only seen that WEISTEC and VIVID RACING had produced one), so if you have some pointers please share.
Finally, I am looking for some spacers for the car that I have seen that ECS tuning offers, however anyone use anything else? Any vibration after installation?

I am located in the Atlanta, GA area so I am looking to do some track days with the car once it is up to par (changing brake pads and brake fluid to start off) here at the Atlanta Motorspeedway so if anyone is from the area please let me know I'd love to meet up.

Look forward to your responses!! Happy Motoring!!
Welcome to the forum! If you got any pics of the C63, post em up! We love pictures!

To answer your questions, your best bet to black out all the chrome pieces is to vinyl wrap the chrome. Also, I am running ECS Tuning 12.5mm front and 10mm rear spacers on my 2013 C63 P31 lowered on H&R springs. It does not rub even with a car full of adults. However, I do get vibrations in the wheel from 65+ MPH unfortunately. Eventually I will get new wheels, or upgrade to H&R spacers. I would save up and go the H&R route if I could do it over again. The vibration is quite annoying and I had ECS send me out a replacement for one being that it was non co-planar but had to wait a month to receive it cause it was out of stock. It reduced the vibration significantly, but it is still there. On a positive note though, ECS sent me the correct size extended lugbolts for my car (I ordered the 12.5mm/10mm kit they had for a B8 Audi). I did not need to shave the lugbolts to clear the parking brake. Hope this helps Let me know if you have anymore questions.