Has anyone hurt a motor supercharging?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by G_Money
So the crank shaft and con rods are not the SLS variants? That's pretty lame seeing as that's how they advertised it!
this video says the pistons and crank are different but con rods are the same.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Cory @ Weistec
Our Weistec superchargers have been setting records for many years now without problem. The 63 engine is a stout assembly, and as many have stated the weak point is the transmission. However, our stage 1 and 2 superchargers don't push the limit of the transmission, though higher mileage vehicles may see some issues with worn clutch packs sooner than others. Our stage 3 is a whole different animal, however, and requires the use of our upgraded clutch packs.

No matter what direction you choose to go, reliability will be there so long as you maintain the vehicle and the supercharger system that you choose.

Nothing beats the sound of that supercharger whine!
Do you have some long term data for your stage 1 and 2 installs?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Well i need to replace my spark plugs soon anyways, so ill go ahead and do a compression test when i do it and report back. I may even be able to do the electronic one aswell with the sds to for a good visual representation if its an option - usually isnt on amg models. considering after 30k of boost -when doing the head studs my cylinder walls and internals looked like new im not expecting to see anything. Naturally at 650whp you will see accelerated wear. a stock c63 does what 360whp? lol thats nearly double. Lets also keep in mind 11.2:1 compression ratio. The piston rings are clearanced for normal operating range and maximum abuse for this engine. With all the extra combustion heat with boost/added power at 650whp+ etc.... the thermal load is going to be too much for standard ring gaps with heat expansion. I'd imagine plenty of engines tearing up cylinder walls or broken ring lands at the power level and stock internals.