reset easy entry/exit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
reset easy entry/exit?

hey does anyone know how to reset entry/exit settings? on the IC it's enabled, but it doesn't do anything when i stop or start the car anymore. the controls for seat and steering wheel work fine otherwise.

the manual doesnt really have anything that i can find.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:38 AM

Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
Mine had to go back to dealer to rest so they must use the mb system with the cable to sort it.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Unlike Infinitis, the easy entry/exit only moves the steering wheel up and away if I recall. So if your steering is already up and away anyway, it wont do anything.

Seat won't move, I think
Old 09-13-2018, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Does the steering column make a faint clicking sound if you try and move it up or down with the control on the column? There is a wound cable that joins the motor to the mechanism that raises or lowers the steering column. It can bind the cable up at the nut that attaches it to the mechanism in the column or it can break. In either case the steering column will no longer raise or lower with the control or the easy exit feature. It will likely go to the top setting and then stick there. If it is broken, the cable will need to be replaced but if the nut is just too tight you can loosen it off a turn or two and the raise /lower feature will resume proper operation. I adjusted mine and it works fine now. You can access it by removing the bottom panel and twisting it there like Houdini. I could only get enough access to loosen the nut one flat at a time. I loosened mine too much I think because now I get a small clunk in the wheel after I first turn the wheel. Either that or the bushings in the mechanism are wearing out as I read that can happen as well.

This thread may come it handy showing the problems but it is long. There are others if you search.

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...up-down-2.html
Old 09-13-2018, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Mort
Does the steering column make a faint clicking sound if you try and move it up or down with the control on the column? There is a wound cable that joins the motor to the mechanism that raises or lowers the steering column. It can bind the cable up at the nut that attaches it to the mechanism in the column or it can break. In either case the steering column will no longer raise or lower with the control or the easy exit feature. It will likely go to the top setting and then stick there. If it is broken, the cable will need to be replaced but if the nut is just too tight you can loosen it off a turn or two and the raise /lower feature will resume proper operation. I adjusted mine and it works fine now. You can access it by removing the bottom panel and twisting it there like Houdini. I could only get enough access to loosen the nut one flat at a time. I loosened mine too much I think because now I get a small clunk in the wheel after I first turn the wheel. Either that or the bushings in the mechanism are wearing out as I read that can happen as well.

This thread may come it handy showing the problems but it is long. There are others if you search.

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...up-down-2.html
i'll check tomorrow but no noise comes to mind. also seat and steering adjustments work fine with the controls.