C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2008 C63 questions

Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 AMG
2008 C63 questions

Hey everyone, so I am about to buy a 2008 C63 AMG that has 104,000 miles on it. The car has been services at MB and is a one owner car. Has had some upgrades (rims, carbon fiber kit, wraped etc). The MB dealership did all new cams and rockers on the car at 84k due to ware. I still don’t know if the head bolts have been replaced. It I have documents of every time the car went though the dealership.

A few few questions I have. I understand the head bolt issue, the mechanic I talked to at MB told me over the course of 15 years he’s never seen or had to replace/fix a head bolt. Is he blowing smoke up my ***? He said this issue was blown way out of proportion.

What is the actually cost of preventative fix vs when they break? Anyone have had to do it on both ends?

From your our honest opinions do you think I pull the trigger on the car at a $25,000 price tag? The car was just inspected at a MB dealer and passed everything with green.

Ive added a few pics as I think the car is beautiful.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:04 AM
RVN

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63
In my opinion, that is a high price tag for the year and mileage. Actually, that dealership in general prices their C63s over market value. That's why they provide free shipping "this month". But they also detail the crap out of their inventory so the pictures always make the cars look in crazy good condition so.....

Last edited by RVN; 01-23-2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:09 AM

c63 AMG
Originally Posted by RVN
In my opinion, that is a high price tag for the year and mileage. Actually, that dealership in general prices their C63s over market value. That's why they provide free shipping "this month". But they also detail the crap out of their inventory so the pictures always make the cars look in crazy good condition so.....
Thank you RVN, so you think no go hu? I mean the rims and carbon fiber kit and wrap alone is what 7k? I figured if I buy one without the rims and carbon fiber I would have to add it anyway.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 Coupe
This car belonged to mnl_ice.
Apparently he didn't do the head bolts on it, and the price he was selling at was also much lower.

The dealer has wiggle room.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...8-c63-amg.html
Old 01-23-2019, 01:26 AM
RVN

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by Paul Sapio

Thank you RVN, so you think no go hu? I mean the rims and carbon fiber kit and wrap alone is what 7k? I figured if I buy one without the rims and carbon fiber I would have to add it anyway.
If you want to give those mods full retail value, then sure, it's worth it. But it's also nice to pick out your mods. If you still want to move forward with it, I agree with colan, try to haggle them down.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:32 AM

c63 AMG
Originally Posted by sytfu_colan
This car belonged to mnl_ice.
Apparently he didn't do the head bolts on it, and the price he was selling at was also much lower.

The dealer has wiggle room.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...8-c63-amg.html
wow small world. So about 5500 more then what mnl_ice was selling it for. That’s also cool that I have the history of the car, the thing is I’m really not worried about the price (I know it sounds bad, but maybe I should be. I make really good money and this is going to be my new DD so I can stop racking up the miles on my hell cat). Every dealer I talk to is different when it comes to the damn head bolts and can’t seem to get a good understanding. I was told $1000 to replace before they break, then $4000 if they break. Then I was told today from a completely different dealer $3500 to fix the. Before they break and 10k after).

Thank you sytfu_colan
Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
E63, C63S Edition 1
I visited this dealer while on a work trip a year ago when I was looking to get a w204 c63. To be honest, they seemed like they over valued all their inventory and the car I was looking at looks great in pics and videos but once I got to it in person it wasn't so nice. C63's seem to be this dealers bread and butter. I've watched them have tons of w204 c63's in inventory. The guys there were super cool and took me for a long test drive and even dropped me off at the airport in the c63. If you're out of state, I would consider flying in to look at it for your self in person with your own eyes. The car does look gorgeous. However, I think you can get them down. If its in good shape and what you're looking for, negotiate and go for it but don't feel bad if you choose to pass and wait for them to have another. They seem to get them quite often. Best of luck!
Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 AM

c63 AMG
Originally Posted by RVN
If you want to give those mods full retail value, then sure, it's worth it. But it's also nice to pick out your mods. If you still want to move forward with it, I agree with colan, try to haggle them down.
thanks again, this dealer doesn’t want to move from $25k and is very confident that he will get that. I was also lead to believe they did some of the upgrades which may not be 100% true from the sounds of it. He is having all the break pads replaced, amp replaced, oil change and new rear tires which makes me feel a little better. I wonder what he says if I go to him and tell him I know what they paid for it (ball park).
Old 01-23-2019, 01:38 AM

c63 AMG
Originally Posted by CarDad
I visited this dealer while on a work trip a year ago when I was looking to get a w204 c63. To be honest, they seemed like they over valued all their inventory and the car I was looking at looks great in pics and videos but once I got to it in person it wasn't so nice. C63's seem to be this dealers bread and butter. I've watched them have tons of w204 c63's in inventory. The guys there were super cool and took me for a long test drive and even dropped me off at the airport in the c63. If you're out of state, I would consider flying in to look at it for your self in person with your own eyes. The car does look gorgeous. However, I think you can get them down. If its in good shape and what you're looking for, negotiate and go for it but don't feel bad if you choose to pass and wait for them to have another. They seem to get them quite often. Best of luck!
thank you! I had no idea so many people knew about them. Pretty funny, and yes the dude I’m working with Taylor at the dealership has been really cool. Answering my 500 questions. I feel better knowing it was owned by someone here on the fourms. That gives me a good way to back track some data and get a feel for how the car was cared for. I assume the dealer shops these fourms and buys from here to re-sale.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:48 AM

E63, C63S Edition 1

thanks again, this dealer doesn’t want to move from $25k and is very confident that he will get that. I was also lead to believe they did some of the upgrades which may not be 100% true from the sounds of it. He is having all the break pads replaced, amp replaced, oil change and new rear tires which makes me feel a little better. I wonder what he says if I go to him and tell him I know what they paid for it (ball park).

I forgot to mention this, most of the C63's he's had in inventory have the CF accessories and almost always have stock wheels and then he gets them powder coated black. I've seen most of them, if not all, have black grills too. Which I also am lead to believe he does this too.. If the car doesn't have it already. When I was following his inventory for a few months, he would reuse the pics of previous C63 cars he had sold if they were the same color because in the end he made them all look similar. Just something I seemed to notice. Maybe I'm wrong and all the cars he gets are already like that, but I've seen over a dozen at least done up the same exact way, I personally don't think its a coincidence but there's also really no harm to it. I just wish he didn't reuse pics of previous sold c63's because they all have different wear.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:52 AM

c63 AMG
I forgot to mention this, most of the C63's he's had in inventory have the CF accessories and almost always have stock wheels and then he gets them powder coated black. I've seen most of them, if not all, have black grills too. Which I also am lead to believe he does this too.. If the car doesn't have it already. When I was following his inventory for a few months, he would reuse the pics of previous C63 cars he had sold if they were the same color because in the end he made them all look similar. Just something I seemed to notice. Maybe I'm wrong and all the cars he gets are already like that, but I've seen over a dozen at least done up the same exact way, I personally don't think its a coincidence but there's also really no harm to it. I just wish he didn't reuse pics of previous sold c63's because they all have different wear.
I could see how that might look shady on the dealers part. Looks like he uses all stock interior pics for all C63s I cought on to that and had him send me pics of the interior. The work that the original owner did + whatever he did does elevate the car in my opinion which is why I don’t mid. I also almost bought a 2012 today with nothing done to it for 35,000 out the door.

Last edited by Paul Sapio; 01-23-2019 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:55 AM

E63, C63S Edition 1

I could see how that might look shady on the dealers part. Looks like he uses all stock interior pics for all C63s I cought on to that and had him send me pics of the interior. The work that the original owner did + whatever he did does elevate the car in my opinion which is why I don’t mid. I also bought a 2012 today with nothing done to it for 35,000 out the door.
I agree! I've found myself in the market for a w204 again just because I feel like I need to experience this car. Best of luck.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:57 AM

c63 AMG
I agree! I've found myself in the market for a w204 again just because I feel like I need to experience this car. Best of luck.
Thank you! You as wel!
Old 01-23-2019, 03:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
Prices can vary drastically because of AM parts and the range of condition on a 11-12 year old car with 100K+ miles, but, IMHO, even if the car is pristine with HBs done, $25K is still too much. If $25K is your limit, you can pass on the wrap and are willing to search for wheels/add-ons in the used market - keep an eye out for 2011's whos VIN can confirm new HBs or older PFLs posted on this forum with history...my 2 cents
Old 01-23-2019, 07:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 1998 Nissan Frontier
Just for reference. I purchased a one owner 2009 with 60,000 miles and every document/service record including the window sticker for $22,500 private party in Feb. of 2017.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Pretty sure I saw this car for sale when I was first looking at C63s like 2 years ago and it looked a little 'spicious...
Old 01-24-2019, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31

wow small world. So about 5500 more then what mnl_ice was selling it for. That’s also cool that I have the history of the car, the thing is I’m really not worried about the price (I know it sounds bad, but maybe I should be. I make really good money and this is going to be my new DD so I can stop racking up the miles on my hell cat). Every dealer I talk to is different when it comes to the damn head bolts and can’t seem to get a good understanding. I was told $1000 to replace before they break, then $4000 if they break. Then I was told today from a completely different dealer $3500 to fix the. Before they break and 10k after).

Thank you sytfu_colan
Usually around $3500-$5000 for the fix. If you wait till after it breaks, it will be way more than $10k.