C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Concerns for undrilled lubrication holes in NEW OEM Camshafts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG W204
If everything left as is, what will be? it's strange because if that critical everyones should already know, not only tasos with couple of people over the world.
At this summer one intake camshaft was replaced on my ML and there is becoming noise when engine hot on replaced side
Old 12-20-2021, 03:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 C63 AMG, 2009 C300 (Sold), 2003 SL55 AMG (Sold) , 2013 S550 W222 (Sold)
I know this is an old thread, but this is affecting me directly. I bought new upper camshafts for me 2008 C63 since they were slightly worn out i went ahead and replaced them and the tappets while the camshaft was out anyways. few months have gone by and the engine sounds not lubed and the oil light comes on whenever it goes on the freeway (street driving is fine but high speed seems to throw the oil light) I think this is due to foaming since the oil cant get in any of the lube holes. unsure. I was scratching my head and scouring the internet when i saw Taso's video. I thought... surely I am not affected by this, but I pulled the covers and had a check.. sure enough the hole is blocked... on both sides... What is Mercedes remedy for this? has anyone else contacted Mercedes or am I the first? I'll be happy to update everyone with what happens incase this happens to anyone else.