Sponsored by:

Eurocharged V7 experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 08:10 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Originally Posted by ///Bruce
I'm curious if you're still going to feel the same way if, god forbid, this happens on a very wet road during a turn. Please be careful.
It's very difficult to modulate 1 gear in s+ in slippery conditions, she be as sensitive as a snow flag trigged by a Trump tweet lol. But its pretty cool having C, S and S+ since its now more enjoyable to drive in C mode with V7 Tune.
The following users liked this post:
dirtydonki (10-31-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 11:04 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
My car is custom tuned on a dyno using HPtuners.
The driveability is the same as stock, but there was a huge improvement in performance.
I'm not a fan of these one size fits all canned tunes.
Get your car to a dyno, and get it mapped by a professional tuner.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:24 PM

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
2001 Audi S4 Sedan (RIP) 2013 P31 W204 C63 (RIP)
Originally Posted by juggernaut1
Hey fellas,

So I did a search (because we all like to see members search)......on how to drive your tuned C63 and found this hillarious video on Youtube. Looks like she nearly pranged it - probably too much power for her

Anyway, just as well is wasn't raining for the camera mans sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9AQYV1Gn1
lol, "she"... that was blkrokt
Old 08-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by brad65ford
Going to give my 2 sense after having the v7 tune for a week now. After resetting ecu by unplugging the battery for 12 hours, I will attest to the throttle being way to sensitive in S and S+, to the point its almost impossible to modulate accelerating in the rain. C mod is nice, big difference over the other tune I had. I've attempted to talk with Jerry and he suggested battery disconnect which I did and didn't notice any difference. Any suggestions guys?
Yep that's the one, I notice that turning the traction control to sport mode seems to make things a little better (could be in my head though), I tried talking to Eurocharged (even sent them a video) and chased them a few times but they seem to have added me to their spam list as they are ignoring me now. I'm sure this tune is great for track time and the odd weekend thrash but I daily my C63 and where as I used to play in s+ and manual mode around town I now have to be very careful for fear of either looking like a hooligan or ending up in a shop front..

Whilst it's great to make comment like "it's a tuned car, get used to it". I find that statement to be rather short sighted, my car has a secondary delete and that's it, it's hardly a built engine running a supercharger, I would have thought the amount of time and money that Eurocharged invested in this canned tune would have yielded a better result. Removing the tune is a a possibility but Eurocharged have not offered to refund me for the cost (including shipping the handheld to New Zealand) and the tune is great when I have the space to explore the capabilities of the car.

I guess the most frustrating thing is the lack of communication from Eurocharged, They appear to have a good reputation on this forum so I have been surprised at their lack of response and willingness to work with me. As seems common these days customer service seems to be put at the bottom of the priority list.
Birdseye (05-30-2022)
Old 08-11-2019, 08:25 PM

2020GLC63
IMHO the only way to make the car aggressive is with what they have done. Sadly I do believe the car's tuning with the trans and throttle body/torque management is limiting everyone. I've learning to live with manual mod 100% driving and short shifting, basically being at that 50% load or full load since there isn't much in between. The more I drive it the more I enjoy it. When I think about how it could be tuned better, I keep thinking to myself, if no one has figured it out by now than this car is old tech and this is all she wrote. We ain't getting no better it seems. Regarding that comment, I brushed it off. To me, I'm more of a how come kind of guy. This is my thoughts and reasonings regarding EC will not admit they can not make this car drive throttle linearly with linear torque management.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Why dont you guys try a different tune.
dirtydonki (10-31-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 09:33 PM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by skratch77
Why dont you guys try a different tune.
I had a different tune prior to installing the v7 (not sure if you saw my thread), did dragy runs to see prior and after. Was disappointed when I learned I already had a tune and lost the drivability.
No clue who's tune as in it but it ran almost identical times and I could actually do a nice 1/4 mile launch in s+ unlike the V7 tune which is like a light switch.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 198 Posts
2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
So what’s Eurocharged have to say about this? Free fix? Money back? Fix on the way?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:01 PM

2020GLC63
When I spoke with them last week they said I could return for refund but not shipping cost which makes sense. But I didn't move forward with the return, I would have been without any tune since my original tune was lost once flashed. Basically got lazy and didn't want to go a different route all over again. Damn you slippery slope lol Please note I'm not being negative to EC at all, just stating things regarding the tune and my thoughts about the c63's in general
Old 08-11-2019, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
The standard EC throttle map really sucks. When I have the car on a track and am driving hard, I need the throttle to move in exact correlation to what my foot and the gas pedal are telling the it to do. The standard EC map gives you something that feels like 80% throttle opening in the first 20% of gas pedal movement, and then numbness beyond that. It's detrimental to both hard driving and to simply trying to roll away from a stop without snapping your passenger's neck. It's the one thing about the EC tune that I really dislike.

It's exactly like putting a Sprint Booster or a Pedal Commander on the car. To quote Jim's earlier assessment of those things - "This is common sense, everyone with even half a brain knows that they’re nothing but a gimmick." He's absolutely right.

"live with it" isn't the right answer. I'm pleased to see that Jerry was willing to send brad65ford a much less aggressive throttle mapping. It sounds like this tune went too far, but somewhere in between there's got to be a mapping that is way better than the current EC version.
bradsm87 (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Infiniti
Seems like EC should offer a tune with throttle mapping only slightly different than stock. Where the extra 25% is gained proportionately throughout the pedal travel. Might not satisfy the people who think a sprint booster is a valuable upgrade. Then again, the aggressive throttle mapping is probably why some people claim that the EC tune is so drastically different than stock.

Last edited by Drift1492; 08-12-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
throttle sensitivity has been my biggest issue too. that and the transmission short shifting gears 1-3.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Drift1492
Seems like EC should offer a tune with throttle mapping only slightly different than stock. Where the extra 25% is gained proportionately throughout the pedal travel. Might not satisfy the people who think a sprint booster is a valuable upgrade. Then again, the aggressive throttle mapping is probably why some people claim that the EC tune is so drastically different than stock.
Which, I'm sure, is why they do it....
Old 08-13-2019, 04:28 PM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by intence
throttle sensitivity has been my biggest issue too. that and the transmission short shifting gears 1-3.
Mine short shifts as well.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Mine short shifts as well.
I'm on v5 actually. But if you want it to stay in the gear in S (sometimes S+) you gotta mash the throttle lol
Old 08-13-2019, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm kinda curious about something here. I'm sure I'll get slammed for saying this. But, why are all of you that are so dissatisfied with this s/w version not on the phone with these guys getting some action? Also, I noticed another guy asked for a return and is having to eat the S&H charges. Why any charges at all? It's not the owner's fault the s/w is, frankly, faulty and potentially dangerous.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
The software is not faulty nor dangerous. Thousands of people are perfectly happy with EC tunes, and you have 5 new people who are overly sensitive. Get over it, they’re not going to bend over backwards for an infinitesimal % of complaints. Nor should they. If you want something customized to your delicate right feet, pay for some dyno time and a custom tune.
dirtydonki (10-31-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm speaking to those people that have V7. Not you....

You just answered the wrong way
Old 08-13-2019, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Have nothing but positive things to say about Eurocharged and my V7 experience - throttle response, drivability, power - I like the way everything feels. My quarter mile times consistently showed a half second improvement after the tune. I had some initial pinging when I first loaded it (possibly due to our fuel here), but Jerry sent me another file and everything was fine from that point on. I had their tune on my C55 also and everything worked great. Perhaps give it some time...
dirtydonki (10-31-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 07:43 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
He’s right. You should never drive the car again. It’s just far too dangerous with a tune. Think of the children.
As much as I dislike Blkrokt, I gotta agree with the man here...
Some of you seem to be getting a bit extreme about just how "dangerous" the car is now...
It really isn't such a bad thing, and after driving it for a while, you will get used to it and everything will be back to normal.
BLKROKT (04-18-2020)
Old 08-19-2019, 07:47 AM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by kimeran
As much as I dislike Blkrokt, I gotta agree with the man here...
Some of you seem to be getting a bit extreme about just how "dangerous" the car is now...
It really isn't such a bad thing, and after driving it for a while, you will get used to it and everything will be back to normal.
Agree, just get used to, that's is always the best suggestion lol. Never question or mentioned things that one notices. But all joking aside when a car does things that are not as the driver asked for (reaching full throttle a 1/8 of a pedal movement, most will mention it. With this said I have changed my driving style up and use manual for all my c63 driving. It's just easier to control driving with full throttle under higher gear loads. Stupid yes but it works.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:56 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Agree, just get used to, that's is always the best suggestion lol. Never question or mentioned things that one notices. But all joking aside when a car does things that are not as the driver asked for (reaching full throttle a 1/8 of a pedal movement, most will mention it. With this said I have changed my driving style up and use manual for all my c63 driving. It's just easier to control driving with full throttle under higher gear loads. Stupid yes but it works.
I assume you logged it to show that you have full throttle at 1/8 pedal movement? If so, yes you definitely have a problem.
I have driven a few M156 engined cars that had a tune and all felt exactly the same. IE: extremely sensitive throttle, especially in the first half of the pedal movement.
My car was exactly the same...After some time, I got used to it and it was just normal for me.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
C63 coupe, Z3M Roadster garage queen
"Just get used to it" doesn't seem to have worked - I've had this tune for several years. It's still a pain to try to gracefully leave a light and then whiplash your passenger's neck while you do jackrabbit hops for the next hundred feet. It just feels amateur.

My solution, like brad65ford, is to just drive around in C unless I'm tracking it. It's a solution that works, but it's sad that you have to turn off your tune most of the time to enjoy your car. .

What I really should do is get off my *** and ask Jerry for some help, instead of wasting my time whining here. However, with this much time gone by, I don't expect much help.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:28 PM

2020GLC63
Originally Posted by zcct04
"Just get used to it" doesn't seem to have worked - I've had this tune for several years. It's still a pain to try to gracefully leave a light and then whiplash your passenger's neck while you do jackrabbit hops for the next hundred feet. It just feels amateur.

My solution, like brad65ford, is to just drive around in C unless I'm tracking it. It's a solution that works, but it's sad that you have to turn off your tune most of the time to enjoy your car. .

What I really should do is get off my *** and ask Jerry for some help, instead of wasting my time whining here. However, with this much time gone by, I don't expect much help.
It's surely a weird throttle/trans driving experience. Mind you I had a pre-facelift prior to having this 13, I honestly think the older trans was a better "drivers" trans. As I've mentioned Jerry did send me another tune and it did feel better but to the point, it didn't feel as punchy when I wanted it to.

There is a bunch of threads about the MCT and flare up throttle between shifting at low speeds below 2,000 rpm, believe this along with a super touchy throttle doesn't help. Mine does this at times too, its just weird. MCT is even more quirky with adding throttle enhanced tuning imo.

Last edited by brad65ford; 09-04-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 161 Likes on 90 Posts
c63
It's surely a weird throttle/trans driving experience. Mind you I had a pre-facelift prior to having this 13, I honestly think the older trans was a better "drivers" trans. As I've mentioned Jerry did send me another tune and it did feel better but to the point, it didn't feel as punchy when I wanted it to.

There is a bunch of threads about the MCT and flare up throttle between shifting at low speeds below 2,000 rpm, believe this along with a super touchy throttle doesn't help. Mine does this at times too, its just weird. MCT is even more quirky with adding throttle enhanced tuning imo.
I had this issue on v6. I left Eurocharged and tuned my own car with HPTUNERS. The drive ability is like stock now. Not sure why people make threads about this, no body on mbworld will fix this... just contact Jerry and he will take care of you. He’s good guy.
dirtydonki (10-31-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged V7 experiences