Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged V7 experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Very odd your torque gains are so good and HP so poor, from memory just loosing the cats picks up 15-18hp, so your gains from the tune are effectively zero hp it seems as headers and no primary cats should get you the 20hp alone, something is not right.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:35 PM

Received 161 Likes on 90 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by p31c63amg
as I said before it’s not all in the tune. Your missing the point it’s not about the power it’s about the sound he was looking for. I assume you have the cash to just play with a fab guy to see what’s works best and countless hours on a Dyno to see the difference of what works and maintains What you make at the wheel but most in important is the sound while Fabricating your custom exhaust, I have that luxury,So I guess I will take the custom ECU tune out of 200k Porsche and have it changed so I can have the ECU Tune make my ride sound like I want, might as well take it out of three of my AMG rides too, is That what your saying. I can now see what you and Your pick have in common.
i have no idea what you what you just said...

Are you ok? He said has a power issue not a sound.

you sound like you have Napoleon complex. Seek help.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Rabih75
so here is a recap of my case: c63 p31, with Lsd from 2013

- dynoed while it was stock on a Mainline load bearing dyno; 369 rwhp, 472 NM rwtq.

​​​​​​- added Eurocharged V7, Kleemann long tube headers, primary cats delete, K&N filters and dynoed it again today on the same mainline: 389 rwhp and 571 NM rwtq

gains: only +20 rwhp and a healthy + 99 NM in wheel torque...on a Mainline which reads lower than Dynojet by ~ 17% I am told.

This morning, I went for a real life test and did a few pulls with an 2016 AmG GTS stock (515 HP, 650 NM at the crank, 200 lbs lighter car with great aerodynamics and brilliant gearbox) - despite I was losing some traction in 1st and occasionally in 2nd gear (as my wheels are 2 years old and only 245s wide at the rear), I managed to stay very close to him...difference of Max 2 cars lengths in favor of the GTS after a pull from 30 mph until like 140 mph. We evened in 2nd and he pulled slightly towards end of 3rd and 4th.

A bit disappointed, as I was expecting that the promised tune and headers would yield much higher fire power than the GTS, resulting in a different outcome, but it is what it is.

The car sounds insane though, like an angry lion, when I push the throttle and is still usable while in C mode despite occasional outbursts of anger. I would certainly need to improve traction though, wider wheels and possibly Bilsteins...

As far as I can tell, the only anomaly from the above are the modest HP gains from stock. I sent Jerry a dyno log this afternoon and he promised to come back with a more refined file.

With this said, there is a caveat about my stock dyno results because the dyno pull was made after reflashing the car to stock...following a first iteration of V7 which the car did not like- so it is possible the car did not adapt fully to stock and threw a higher HP reading; who knows!

net, net I am very happy with my torque figures, little less with my HP and I think I am missing 30-40 WHP for some reason. Or perhaps this mainline dyno reading is simply unreliable. Hope Jerry solves this.
Post up the dyno and did you log timing on the pulls? Are your cam adjusters advancing the cams all they way? How old are the o2s and plugs? Heck even ****ty gas can effect the car.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12-P31 C63 Coupe- 19-GLC 63 S COUPE -18-911 TURBO S 19 AMG GTR COUPE
Originally Posted by PeterA90
i have no idea what you what you just said...

Are you ok? He said has a power issue not a sound.

you sound like you have Napoleon complex. Seek help.
it’s the sound he was trying to get back. The car will adapt. The burble is his concern. Any way, No complex.
just two different levels that’s all. BTW don’t be a hater it’s going to be ok.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
it’s the sound he was trying to get back. The car will adapt. The burble is his concern. Any way, No complex.
sorry for the confusion caused guys. I have given up on the burble tune and used a subsequent power tune with no burble which Jerry has sent me. My latest post compares this file to stock. The power tune sounds good but is lacking in HP, possibly.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:33 PM

C32
Originally Posted by skratch77
Post up the dyno and did you log timing on the pulls? Are your cam adjusters advancing the cams all they way? How old are the o2s and plugs? Heck even ****ty gas can effect the car.
stock dyno pull (first picture) followed by the tune+LTH dyno pull (second picture torque only and third picture HP only)

attached file is the dyno log after tune+LTH
Attached Files
Old 05-28-2020, 09:39 PM

C32
Originally Posted by skratch77

... and spark plugs are 20kMiles old , from a couple of years ago. As for the O2 sensors, I have no clue- possibly never changed since 2013.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:45 PM

c63
ok cool take care now bye bye then 👌🏻
Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 PM

c63
stock dyno pull (first picture) followed by the tune+LTH dyno pull (second picture torque only and third picture HP only)

attached file is the dyno log after tune+LTH
your car is advancing timing from the log. But the power is strange... every dyno is different but what does Simon Motorsports typically see LT+ Tune c63 make?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:12 PM

C32
Originally Posted by PeterA90
your car is advancing timing from the log. But the power is strange... every dyno is different but what does Simon Motorsports typically see LT+ Tune c63 make?

After seeing the log, Jerry said he will re-write another file and send through.

Simonmotorsport is a go to tuner in Dubai and Germany; they are delivering superior whp results on the m156 platform like 435 whp on their dyno (about 600 crank with tune, Headers and filters... ROW air boxes are stock in Dubai). This said, very difficult to get to the bottom of the issue with them as they are paid for only installing headers and doing dyno runs ...

Lesson learned: i will no longer tune and dyno with 2 separate vendors!! a custom tune, on premise is the way to go !!

Also, I think cars take time to adapt and vendors should offer free dyno runs as part of the package up to 30 days after tune install!

tuners should advertise wheel horse power gains only as there is no credible way to substantiate the tuned crank horsepower... resulting in endless controversy and frustration.. but hey, no pain no gain they say!
Old 05-28-2020, 10:34 PM

c63
After seeing the log, Jerry said he will re-write another file and send through.

Simonmotorsport is a go to tuner in Dubai and Germany; they are delivering superior whp results on the m156 platform like 435 whp on their dyno (about 600 crank with tune, Headers and filters... ROW air boxes are stock in Dubai). This said, very difficult to get to the bottom of the issue with them as they are paid for only installing headers and doing dyno runs ...

Lesson learned: i will no longer tune and dyno with 2 separate vendors!! a custom tune, on premise is the way to go !!

Also, I think cars take time to adapt and vendors should offer free dyno runs as part of the package up to 30 days after tune install!

tuners should advertise wheel horse power gains only as there is no credible way to substantiate the tuned crank horsepower... resulting in endless controversy and frustration.. but hey, no pain no gain they say!
yeah I’ve heard good things about them...

I don’t like talking bad about EC but damn they always have someone post tuning issues.

As soon as car is flashed it will make
power instantly. Adaptations only occur pull
after pull. Usually with the m156 the car gets faster pull after pull and zero heat soak since it’s n/a.

I feel your pain. I had issues with EC in the passed. Went with a different tuner and never cared to look back.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
relying on adaptations means your tune is not correct and you are relying on the computer to correct.

meaning the computer is doing the tuning.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
djr48312 (02-13-2021)
Old 05-28-2020, 11:31 PM

C32
Originally Posted by hachiroku
relying on adaptations means your tune is not correct and you are relying on the computer to correct.

meaning the computer is doing the tuning.
as long as we get to the optimal result even if after a while, I am happy to let the computer work😀

I took it for a drive this morning and it is wicked. Better than yesterday. The Key is to modulate the throttle pressure in low gears so that traction is optimized. But 2nd and 3rd gears are just unbelievable now.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:20 PM

C32
as long as we get to the optimal result even if after a while, I am happy to let the computer work😀

I took it for a drive this morning and it is wicked. Better than yesterday. The Key is to modulate the throttle pressure in low gears so that traction is optimized. But 2nd and 3rd gears are just unbelievable now.

here is a clip. Awaiting Jerry’s final file.