Sponsored by:

VRP Flex Fuel Kit hmmmm....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 05:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
11 C63 AMG
VRP Flex Fuel Kit hmmmm....

Ok, I know in the past there have been some skeptics on this kit but I am here to tell you that you should not worry. I finally installed the kit after purchasing over a month ago. It comes with everything you need and you dont have to splice anything. I went to the track two weeks ago and ran the car with no flex kit because I had not installed it. I went back to the track with the kit installed yesterday. With a planned supercharger project in the works for next year. I will keep this kit on the car. The kit works flawlessly and the bluetooth connection for the app is an added benefit. But for the numbers see the pics. And also I am not sponsored by VRP in any way. This kit does not get the respect it's due. I heard in the past it was a little difficult to install but it is all sorted out. Easy install and it works!

Here are the 1/4 mile numbers before and after the kits install. No changes to my cars set-up expect adding the Flex Kit and hitting the track. I do have other performance upgrades but for this purpose I am only talking about adding the flex kit to my existing upgrades. I do have stock injectors on the car. August 11, 2019 I am #317 & August 24, 2019 I am #227. This kit is very affordable and worth the performace increase.

The following users liked this post:
VictoryRoadPerformance (08-30-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 05:56 PM

Received 161 Likes on 90 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by AbsoluteGr8est

Ok, I know in the past there have been some skeptics on this kit but I am here to tell you that you should not worry. I finally installed the kit after purchasing over a month ago. It comes with everything you need and you dont have to splice anything. I went to the track two weeks ago and ran the car with no flex kit because I had not installed it. I went back to the track with the kit installed yesterday. With a planned supercharger project in the works for next year. I will keep this kit on the car. The kit works flawlessly and the bluetooth connection for the app is an added benefit. But for the numbers see the pics. And also I am not sponsored by VRP in any way. This kit does not get the respect it's due. I heard in the past it was a little difficult to install but it is all sorted out. Easy install and it works!

Here are the 1/4 mile numbers before and after the kits install. No changes to my cars set-up expect adding the Flex Kit and hitting the track. I do have other performance upgrades but for this purpose I am only talking about adding the flex kit to my existing upgrades. I do have stock injectors on the car. August 11, 2019 I am #317 & August 24, 2019 I am #227. This kit is very affordable and worth the performace increase.

VRP doesn’t make this kit. E Flex Fuel makes it for 399. He marks it up over 150 bucks lol. Glad you didn't get his injectors or else your car would run like **** even with a tune to scale them back. Glad the e85 is working great for you.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Nice results
Old 08-26-2019, 07:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
so essentially 0.480 seconds faster...nice!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following 2 users liked this post by hachiroku:
AbsoluteGr8est (08-26-2019), VR38DETT (08-30-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 10:34 PM

11 C63 AMG
I realize what you are saying about EFlex. I support him because he's trying to grow a business. The post ewas not about the price or the injectors he sells. it was only for information if anyone is looking at the other companies kit. This kit does it for a much lower cost.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Originally Posted by PeterA90
VRP doesn’t make this kit. E Flex Fuel makes it for 399. He marks it up over 150 bucks lol. Glad you didn't get his injectors or else your car would run like **** even with a tune to scale them back. Glad the e85 is working great for you.
This guy is a moron. Our injectors are Genuine Bosch. We have sold hundreds of sets with flex fuel kits with no issues.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Great results OP, Glad you got the kit hooked up on your car. Look forward to seeing what else you do with the car in the future! Customers like you allow us to continue to develop products for the M156. We hope to release our bolt on twin turbo kit before the end of the year.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
We hope to release our bolt on twin turbo kit before the end of the year.
Serious? Have you guys ever taken on a project like this before? Because neither Weistec nor EC could even get it right (need to create new stronger intake manifold if you’re going to push boost through it). And where are you putting the turbos, up front in the engine bay or underneath at the headers or back by the mufflers. And are you using air-to-air or air-to-water for cooling. And who’s doing your tuning?

End of the year is fast approaching. How many thousand of testing miles does this “bolt on twin turbo” kit have on it?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:50 AM

c63
This guy is a moron. Our injectors are Genuine Bosch. We have sold hundreds of sets with flex fuel kits with no issues.
The car is N/a doesn’t need 630cc injectors even with e85. Scratch77 had your injectors and kit and the car was misfiring. Took it off and no problems. I’m not gonna start arguments in other people’s threads. I’ll make a thread about you and your not tested products soon.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:53 AM

c63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Serious? Have you guys ever taken on a project like this before? Because neither Weistec nor EC could even get it right (need to create new stronger intake manifold if you’re going to push boost through it). And where are you putting the turbos, up front in the engine bay or underneath at the headers or back by the mufflers. And are you using air-to-air or air-to-water for cooling. And who’s doing your tuning?

End of the year is fast approaching. How many thousand of testing miles does this “bolt on twin turbo” kit have on it?
Can’t wait for an answer to this. Hopefully he doesn’t offer money to this OP to close this thread.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63

We have the turbo Mounting sorted at the headers, We are playing around with an SLS manifold right now. Water to air cooling.

Getting the turbo kit fabricated and on the car isnt a problem. However, if we run into tuning issues we will of course be dead in the water. Rather than "release" I should have said Have more information on, As we are still in development.

We also have a supercharger kit that is not far from completion, We changed our approach on it however. We were going to use M113K blowers with adapters, but now we are looking at TVS units so we have to redesign a portion of the kit. Initially we were under mounting the inter cooler, but we have decided to flip the blower and have the inter cooler on top. Projects take time. So yes, we will miss some deadlines. But we are optimistic.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by PeterA90
The car is N/a doesn’t need 630cc injectors even with e85. Scratch77 had your injectors and kit and the car was misfiring. Took it off and no problems. I’m not gonna start arguments in other people’s threads. I’ll make a thread about you and your not tested products soon.
To be honest I'm not sure what vrp sells. I bought my kit used and it was from eflexfuel and the injectors came with it and was told they are 550cc. They are not 550cc, they are 630,590,610 depending on what site is listing there specs.

On my setup the car ran like absolute **** and alot of people are not speaking up about there flex fuel experiences.

By the amount of used kits that were listed just shows you the head ache this kits can have.

For me an e85 tune is way better and just switch it like you would on a race gas map.

If vrp wants to sell my a new harness that will connect to the stock injectors I will give it another go.

My car is insanely well kept in maintenance. I just got it back from the dealer with new coolant ,transmission and diff done,car has brand new plugs,plasma ignition coils and you can read the part numbers on my cylinders with a scope.

Just off the dyno making 460 uncorrected who with stock manifolds and cats(might be a record) ran 11.7 at 120.78 full weight and stock cats.

Also have there 82mm tb plate on there and just waiting for the stacks.

Last edited by skratch77; 08-30-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Originally Posted by skratch77
To be honest I'm not sure what vrp sell. I bought my kit used and it was from eflexfuel and the injectors came with it and was told they are 550cc. They are not 550cc, they hare 630,590,610 depending on what site is listing there specs.

On my setup the car ran like absolute **** and alot of people are not speaking up about there flex fuel experiences.

By the amount of used kits that were listed just shows you the head ache this kits can have.

For me an e85 tune is way better and just switch it like you would on a race gas map.

So for confirmation, you did not buy the kit from us, And you did not check your part number on the injector to confirm the size so that the tuner you use could adjust properly? We do not sell 550cc injectors. So either your seller didnt know, Or bought them somewhere else.

Our kits do not come labeled Eflex, There have been a number of variations of the Eflex kit, its possible you got an older one with some issues. Had this been purchased from us we would have sent you an updated module for free! Something you cannot get from an eflex purchase directly. Part of the reason why we upcharge on this kit. If you purchased the kit pre pinned its possible the seller pinned the connectors backwards.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
So for confirmation, you did not buy the kit from us, And you did not check your part number on the injector to confirm the size so that the tuner you use could adjust properly? We do not sell 550cc injectors. So either your seller didnt know, Or bought them somewhere else.

Our kits do not come labeled Eflex, There have been a number of variations of the Eflex kit, its possible you got an older one with some issues. Had this been purchased from us we would have sent you an updated module for free! Something you cannot get from an eflex purchase directly. Part of the reason why we upcharge on this kit. If you purchased the kit pre pinned its possible the seller pinned the connectors backwards.
What injectors do you sell with your kit? The 630cc? How does the car adapt from going to e85 and pump gas with 630s in there if that's what you guys are using. I edited my post with asking to buy your harness. I think the person I bought it from bought it from you but not sure
Old 08-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
What injectors do you sell with your kit? The 630cc? How does the car adapt from going to e85 and pump gas with 630s in there if that's what you guys are using. I edited my post with asking to buy your harness. I think the person I bought it from bought it from you but not sure

630cc. The car MUST be tuned for the injector size you are using on PUMP gas. The kit will make adjustments for the fuel only. It will not adjust for injectors. You can run any injector size you want as long as the base tune is set for them.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
630cc. The car MUST be tuned for the injector size you are using on PUMP gas. The kit will make adjustments for the fuel only. It will not adjust for injectors. You can run any injector size you want as long as the base tune is set for them.
Lol that's why I went with e85 race map. Car running negative 40 fuel trims on both banks. Needing a tune defeats the whole purpose of the flex kit.my car at a light would smoke black exh and get the bumber black within a day.

630ccs are big enough for a 4l blower and 15lbs of boost
Old 08-30-2019, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Lol that's why I went with e85 race map. Car running negative 40 fuel trims on both banks. Needing a tune defeats the whole purpose of the flex kit.my car at a light would smoke black exh and get the bumber black within a day.

Injectors are NOT included with the kit, They are a totally separate product. They are Kit compatible, But they are not part of it. They are for people with full bolt ons that want to add e85 and need more fuel.

The whole point of the flex fuel kit is that you can run e85 and any mix of fuel without changing the map. This should be understood before making a purchase anyways. It should also be common knowledge that anyone can run E85 with an E85 tune... but you cannot run fuel mixtures. The problem with E85, is that different gas stations have different E content. Flex fuel eliminates this problem by adjusting for that.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
630cc is also big enough for a properly tuned car running a flex fuel kit or E85 tune, with any number of power mods.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Injectors are NOT included with the kit, They are a totally separate product. They are Kit compatible, But they are not part of it. They are for people with full bolt ons that want to add e85 and need more fuel.

The whole point of the flex fuel kit is that you can run e85 and any mix of fuel without changing the map. This should be understood before making a purchase anyways. It should also be common knowledge that anyone can run E85 with an E85 tune... but you cannot run fuel mixtures. The problem with E85, is that different gas stations have different E content. Flex fuel eliminates this problem by adjusting for that.
I use c85 but slot of people bought 550cc injectors with kits for fbo cars. Or thought they bought 550s.

I cant imagine how much carbon build up people will get with 630s
Old 08-30-2019, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We have the turbo Mounting sorted at the headers, We are playing around with an SLS manifold right now. Water to air cooling.

Getting the turbo kit fabricated and on the car isnt a problem. However, if we run into tuning issues we will of course be dead in the water. Rather than "release" I should have said Have more information on, As we are still in development.

We also have a supercharger kit that is not far from completion, We changed our approach on it however. We were going to use M113K blowers with adapters, but now we are looking at TVS units so we have to redesign a portion of the kit. Initially we were under mounting the inter cooler, but we have decided to flip the blower and have the inter cooler on top. Projects take time. So yes, we will miss some deadlines. But we are optimistic.
Thanks. I get that anyone can fab mounts and bolt up turbos, there’s plenty of options for that - I’d like to see them in the front corners of the engine bay, but that’s just me (prob have to move the ABS pump). But using an SLS manifold? Hopefully just for ideas, you’d blow that super-expensive thing to pieces with boost.

Have you done any testing yet? Just exercising a little caution here because of your total non-answers on cams among other things that were ready to go....
The following 3 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
East Coast Euro (08-31-2019), shardul (08-30-2019), Texas E63 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Thanks. I get that anyone can fab mounts and bolt up turbos, there’s plenty of options for that - I’d like to see them in the front corners of the engine bay, but that’s just me (prob have to move the ABS pump). But using an SLS manifold? Hopefully just for ideas, you’d blow that super-expensive thing to pieces with boost.

Have you done any testing yet? Just exercising a little caution here because of your total non-answers on cams among other things that were ready to go....
Well, The cams are ready, And are running in a few cars. We are still playing around with a couple grinds, But with the 63 cams we grind to exactly what you ask for. We dont grind our own cams. We use one of the largest cam grinding companies in the World, with a guarantee that any issues will be handled. We have had no issues yet. Although we did discover that our very first grind was a little aggressive.. The other problem is none of our testers have installed cams independently of other mods. So giving you dyno numbers would be inaccurate, I would rather hold of and answer when we have the right answers...

The SLS manifolds are way too expensive to run as a production piece, However using that as a model we can fabricate an intake manifold with integrated water to air intercoolers. I truly dont know how much boost the SLS manifolds can handle. But id be willing to bet it can handle the 7-10 PSI no problem.

Turbos will be under the heads, Not visible from the top. I will post as we make more progress, But we do have some other projects that we need to wrap up before we can drop the motor in with turbos.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:42 PM

c63
To be honest I'm not sure what vrp sells. I bought my kit used and it was from eflexfuel and the injectors came with it and was told they are 550cc. They are not 550cc, they are 630,590,610 depending on what site is listing there specs.

If vrp wants to sell my a new harness that will connect to the stock injectors I will give it another go.

My car is insanely well kept in maintenance. I just got it back from the dealer with new coolant ,transmission and diff done,car has brand new plugs,plasma ignition coils and you can read the part numbers on my cylinders with a scope.

Just off the dyno making 460 uncorrected who with stock manifolds and cats(might be a record) ran 11.7 at 120.78 full weight and stock cats.

I’m running ECATX kit with their 550cc injectors. I’ve had zero problems with the kit. The eflex kit isn’t plug and play until now. If you have a messed up harness or injectors that are larger than 550cc you will have issues. Even if tuned. I honestly would start from scratch with a new kit.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:00 PM

11 C63 AMG
I started this post just for information. I agree that eflex kits are not being posted with results. This is why I posted mine. The stock injectors are running at 80% duty cycle based on the EFlex App. The car is running so hard for its set-up. Me next improvement is headers with injectors because I'm maxed on the injectors running at 80%.

I have a Weistec Stage 3 project coming over the winter. I need cams and headers for this this project but can't decide which way to go.

Flex was my testing ground on whether I would use the kit with the supercharger. With the results I got, I would say its a go with the supercharger as a combination. Every improvement I make, I go to the track.

Listen, I don't like people that sell or say they have good stuff on the market without testing it either. i have purchased from VRP 2-3 times. If you don't believe in the products that he develops then don't buy those products.
But he has items on sale that are not made by him that are resale based on his dealer license. What I'm really trying to say is stop being the poeple that shoot people down. Help him out. Sometimes encouragement and support goes a long way. But I also agree that he needs to put numbers behind his developments. So it's a cross road. If you live near him give him your car to be the test car. I know it sounds stupid but thats how shops become successful and you get the tested parts. The only stickler is he would need to replace the car or repair the broken parts. This is done all the time by shops trying to make a name. OFF MY SOAP BOX...LOL!!!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if VRP has burned people in the past I understand. He does have resonable prices and all my parts work fine. I was a little pain in the butt when I bought the flex kit because I couldnt decide if I wanted to use stock injectors or not and VRP was patient and helpful.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63

I did not see that you edited your post to request a new harness, I will happily sell you a new harness. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the kit we sell. It is one of the most popular products we sell for this platform. Shoot me a DM ill get you squared away.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2019, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 203 Posts
Built 2008 G55 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
not a single dyno sheet to be found to support any of your "products"....... modifications like what you're trying to sell require support info....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VRP Flex Fuel Kit hmmmm....