Sponsored by:

W204 2013 Command & Most Identification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 05:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG W204 PPP / A35 AMG V177
W204 2013 Command & Most Identification

Hi All, Posting in this section as there may be more assistance as i have no idea how to get clarification for sure

I am looking to carry out an audio upgrade to my W204 C63 (2013) Model. Im looking to use a digital most unit like an Audison BITDMI or Helix SDMI25 however i need to check compatibility on my model.

I am confused whether my vehicle has NTG4.5 or 4.7. i have done alot of reading online but i need to be sure which version it is. I have checked with my Vin number on a vin checker but there is no identification mentioning which one. Is there a way to check in the engineering menu? If so could you please guide me on how to do this. Here is the version information i took from engineering mode:

HU Version: 13.30.00

H/W Information

Device: HU45_ECE_DVD_S_N

H/W P/N: 2049013903

Device Ver: D1 0.1

If anyone can clarify easily, My vehicle uses the grey/white/red colour schemes and looks as follows:

I also need to know what fiber optic the car runs, Is it Most25, Most50 or Most150?

The issue im having is i believe some of the 4.7 cars began using Most50 or Most150 and if that is the case the BITDMI will not be compatible. Unless its very easy to clarify immediately that all W204s used MOST25
Old 09-17-2019, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 coupe w/p31 diamond white
If I recall correctly 4.7 allows for direct tethering of iphones and I believe the ability to add apps like FB.

Not 100% but hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:43 PM

Thank you, I have received some clarification that it is a NTG4.5 gen 2, NTG4.7 was released after.

The W204 model use MOST25 throughout its models so items like the BITDMI will work.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:30 PM

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
2012 C63 w204 sedan
Just as an FYI - my car has audison DSP, tweeters and speaker upgrades with alpine type x 4 channel amplifier and I cant say its better than the stock Harmon Kardon system it had and is in my friends c63.

Previous owner did the upgrades and i paid less for the car because of them.

I have a home theatre set up worth as much as the car so i appreciate good sound.
The following users liked this post:
farhanali89 (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Catchyname
Just as an FYI - my car has audison DSP, tweeters and speaker upgrades with alpine type x 4 channel amplifier and I cant say its better than the stock Harmon Kardon system it had and is in my friends c63.

Previous owner did the upgrades and i paid less for the car because of them.

I have a home theatre set up worth as much as the car so i appreciate good sound.
Thank you for sharing, My current set up is very simple an LC2I with a amplifer and subwoofer running in sync with the harmon kardon but i want more clarity and volume from the speakers. The bass is also a bit muffled as the signals arent clean even with a DSP. I will be doing the upgrade in phases should it not go successful i can revert back to installing my harmon kardon equipment.

Phase 1: disconnect HK and use an Audison or Helix DMI device to send an optical connection into my DSP, This would be the cleanest way of doing it to ensure no processor is having to correct factory equalisation
Amplify the original HK front and rear speakers combined with my aftermarket subwoofer (Logic7 subwoofer and surround speakers would be disonnected but left in place)

At this point i will evaluate what the system sounds like with just front components & rear coaxials combined with a subwoofer, If its seriously lacking and i feel the surround speakers really did have an impact at this point i will revert and just fit the HK amp back in and connect everything back as it were factory.

Phase 2: if the output was sufficient then i will switch out he speakers for aftermarket front and rear and drive these with the amp.