Sponsored by:

OE Tuning My Genius vs. Android Flashloader

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Edition 1 Coupe
OE Tuning My Genius vs. Android Flashloader

New member and 1st post here on MBWorld. Just trying to get some insight and firsthand experiences/reviews on OE Tuning's My Genius vs. Android flashloader. Anyone find any advantages with using one over the other? Ease or convenience?

Also, does anyone have a sound or video clip of OE Tuning's burble & pop tune? For OE Tuning, I've read that the burble & pops were reduced at 4k RPM so that the burble & pops did not sound too excessive.

I've searched but have not found any threads or videos that have fully addressed the questions above. Thanks in advance.

OE Tuning can we expect a Black Friday sale this year?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
If you run catless or even a high flow cat any tune will have lots of pops and burble.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
Originally Posted by skratch77
If you run catless or even a high flow cat any tune will have lots of pops and burble.
^^^This^^^

Replaced all 4 cats w/hi-flo and plenty of pops and burble stock (no tune - great sound). Installed MyGenius OE Tune and the pops and burbles lessened quite a bit with early/annoying transmission shifts. Reset the TCU and shifting is very good now (not sure the PLF trany is capable of great) with pops and burble returning w/more aggressive driving. Plan on installing Flexfuel E85 and running the OE race map at some point in time and imagine an even more aggressive sound. Sorry no experience w/Android FL and have no desire for the pops and burble tune - very happy with what I have. If you don't plan on doing anything w/the exhaust, try the std tune 1st and then add P&B if you're not happy.

Last edited by gmore; 10-17-2019 at 10:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (10-18-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 11:32 PM

C63 Edition 1 Coupe
Thanks for the input guys. I am planning on getting their standard tune. Just trying to decide which flashloader to go with.

I live in California so I really don't want to play the emissions game that goes along with modifying the exhaust system. Loud cars tend to get pulled over here so reversing exhaust modifications for fix it tickets and smogs would get annoying and costly. I was trying to decide whether or not to add the burble tune to my order just to add some extra sound that can be easily removed if needed.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
I can think of pros and cons to both flashloaders, I believe there is no price difference.

MyGenius - it is low tech not super intuitive overpriced thing, but it works and if it doesn't die, it will continue to flash and unflash your car forever basically - if it dies, they are 400 bucks to replace. Also can go with the car to the next person (as it is married ot the car anyway and has no value hardly at all otherwise)
Android - just an app and a cable, so if something happens to your phone/tablet easy to just put on another phone/tablet. Guessing the app is a bit easier to use, but have not used it. Over time may stop working depending on how well the app is supported as android is upgraded. Not sure what happens if you sell the car, you probably can't transfer the app/tune to another person, but maybe you can.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:39 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
on my car with OETuning about 5-10% of the time on throttle lift off in lower RPM's in comfort mode i'll have exhaust pops. i'm also straight piped which helps.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 10-18-2019, 04:58 PM

C63 Edition 1 Coupe
Thanks for the info guys.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:06 AM

C63 Edition 1 Coupe
Just ordered OE Tuning's Stage 1 tune with the Android flash loader. No burble tune. Cant wait to get it loaded.

Just as all other reviews have mentioned, Jeremy was outstanding with great communication throughout the whole inquiry process. Never felt pressured to make a purchase and questions were answered quickly.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MERKEDsixTHREE
Just ordered OE Tuning's Stage 1 tune with the Android flash loader. No burble tune. Cant wait to get it loaded.

Just as all other reviews have mentioned, Jeremy was outstanding with great communication throughout the whole inquiry process. Never felt pressured to make a purchase and questions were answered quickly.
What andriod app did you use?
Old 12-21-2021, 06:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
E55 Tuning with MyGenius

Originally Posted by sunnybenz45
What andriod app did you use?
PM Sent.
Android OBD2 does not support flashing ME2.8 ECUs and E55 Kompressor vehicles. We have MyGenius OBD2 available for loading and swapping maps for this platform.
The following users liked this post:
1965 Beto (04-11-2022)