Sponsored by:

Battery or Alternator Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 07:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Just unplugged the battery sensor. Easy.
Hi BLKROKT, sorry to bump this thread but my car also has the 909 alternator management option and I'm experiecing a low voltage issue when car is left overnight which is causing the systems to trip (ABS and power steering go). I want to see if unplugging the battery sensor might solve my issue..

do you still have yours unplugged and have you noticed any adverse effects?

Where is the battery sensor located and do I need to take any precautions or just pull it out when car is off?
Old 09-01-2021, 08:19 PM

Received 478 Likes on 175 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by Ragunarok
Hi BLKROKT, sorry to bump this thread but my car also has the 909 alternator management option and I'm experiecing a low voltage issue when car is left overnight which is causing the systems to trip (ABS and power steering go). I want to see if unplugging the battery sensor might solve my issue..

do you still have yours unplugged and have you noticed any adverse effects?

Where is the battery sensor located and do I need to take any precautions or just pull it out when car is off?
Only unplug the IBS sensor if you've replaced the stock battery with a Lithium-ion battery. It fixes an issue when the alternator wont charge Lithium-ion batteries when the engine is running.

If you're running a stock battery I'd leave it plugged in. Unless you want to unplug it for testing purposes it's located in the negative battery terminal. Just unplug the small sensor connector.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by sickSVT
Only unplug the IBS sensor if you've replaced the stock battery with a Lithium-ion battery. It fixes an issue when the alternator wont charge Lithium-ion batteries when the engine is running.

If you're running a stock battery I'd leave it plugged in. Unless you want to unplug it for testing purposes it's located in the negative battery terminal. Just unplug the small sensor connector.

Thanks. I'm using a Varta G14 AGM battery, which I think is similar to the stock battery