C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

722.9 TCU Tuning - US Tour - Coming very soon to a city near YOU :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
722.9 TCU Tuning - US Tour - Coming very soon to a city near YOU :)

Finally!! 722.9 TCU Tuning is coming to the region near you! This is for ANY 722.9, Including Non-AMG cars, torque converter cars, and older models with a 722.9, including PFL W204 C63's. We can done custom TCU tuning as well, along with CLK Black Series trans software.

The Basics:
- This is not a "NEW" product, just newly available to the masses. It's been well proven and tested for many years.
- Designed to be safely within the safe hardware limits of the transmission
- No change to daily comfort
- Increases Line Pressure
- Increases Power Holding Capacity
- Increases Torque Limiters in All Gears
- Reduces Shift Times

The overall result of this is a better driving performance experience, as the ECU and TCU work in harmony to deliver the power you want, when you want it. The TCU tune works with any tuned, modified, or bone stock car (and it's a fantastic first mod). Your car will be quicker, more responsive, and much more enjoyable

So far we sessions set up in:

- Chicago,IL

- Costa Mesa, CA (SoCal)

- Burlingame, CA (Bay Area)

- Baltimore, MD

- Orlando, FL

- Cincinnati,OH

- Las Vegas, NV

- Seattle, WA

- Phoenix, AZ

- Omaha, NE

- Minneapolis, MN

- Detroit, MI

If you're located in the Northeast or Tri-State, message @5soko and he can get you squared away.

Go visit www.eurochargedatx.info to sign up for your region and put down your deposit!

Any questions at all can be posted here, or directed to me. You can also call the shop if you like - 512-777-2799.

Intro price for the TCU tune is $1,800 - NO other costs or fees involved. Deposit is $300 and is credited towards the cost . Once we've visited your region - the normal price kicks in.

Quick Note - Chicago, Burlingame, Baltimore, and Costa Mesa (SoCal) only need a few more cars each to set dates. So if you're close - let's get after it

Thanks!

Dave
The following users liked this post:
mcderpa (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 10:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Hey Dave,

Would the TCU tune reduce the shift lag when using the paddle shifters? I feel like my car likes to daydream for a second (sometimes several seconds) before shifting... Finally with the EC V7 tune, when I revert my car's EC v7 tune to stock every 2 years, would this overwrite the TCU tune?

thank you!
Old 06-11-2020, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Benzpit
Hey Dave,

Would the TCU tune reduce the shift lag when using the paddle shifters? I feel like my car likes to daydream for a second (sometimes several seconds) before shifting... Finally with the EC V7 tune, when I revert my car's EC v7 tune to stock every 2 years, would this overwrite the TCU tune?

thank you!
1) For the first question - I can't say that it will quicken the "lag time" between your "request to shift", and the start of the "shift event". It will however 100% quicken the actual shift even, which will greatly improve your experience

2) Flashing the ECU with a MyGenius will have no effect on the TCU software - so you're totally safe there

Good questions, Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-11-2020, 01:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Sorry if I'm just missing it somewhere, but do you have dates for the different locations? Or is that dependent on number of registered cars?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2020, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by mcderpa
Sorry if I'm just missing it somewhere, but do you have dates for the different locations? Or is that dependent on number of registered cars?

Thanks!

We won't be setting dates until the roster for each region is full and we have deposits. It's a significant investment to get out there and do the work, so we're looking for 10+ committed folks. Once we get close to that target number, we'll set a date and purchase plane tickets (probably will be 2-3 weeks of lead time - giving everyone plenty of time to make the necessary arrangements . Depending on the needs of the specific regions - we can accommodate whatever lead time is required to make it work.

Good question and thanks!

Dave
mcderpa (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 02:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
We won't be setting dates until the roster for each region is full and we have deposits. It's a significant investment to get out there and do the work, so we're looking for 10+ committed folks. Once we get close to that target number, we'll set a date and purchase plane tickets (probably will be 2-3 weeks of lead time - giving everyone plenty of time to make the necessary arrangements . Depending on the needs of the specific regions - we can accommodate whatever lead time is required to make it work.

Good question and thanks!

Dave
Old 06-11-2020, 05:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
Is there an option to go back and forth between factory and tuned?
Old 06-11-2020, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
Is there an option to go back and forth between factory and tuned?
No, but just out of curiosity - why would you want to? Honest question

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-11-2020, 09:27 PM

Received 167 Likes on 112 Posts
2009 C63 P30
What about adding a dyno day? I’ve been after Jerry to do dyno day out here in NorCal to optimize my E85 kit.

On a PFL trans, same benefits? What will be perceived difference between sport and the other ones I never use. 😛
Thanks Dave!
DavesMeanE's (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Crya
What about adding a dyno day? I’ve been after Jerry to do dyno day out here in NorCal to optimize my E85 kit.

On a PFL trans, same benefits? What will be perceived difference between sport and the other ones I never use. 😛
Thanks Dave!
Probably won't have time for a dyno day sadly - but the TCU tune will certainly wake up your car. It's killer on converter cars since you'll now be able to run up on the stall and launch the car fast and hard! It's actually REALLY great!

Everyone love it, and may said they would do it before an ECU tune if they could do it all over on a stock car.

You will notice a difference in shift speed and firmness between the modes.

Hope all's well! Get yourself on the list

Thanks!

Dave

The following 2 users liked this post by DavesMeanE's:
Crya (06-12-2020), mcderpa (06-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 02:47 AM

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
Who is doing the work of the tune and who actually gets paid. Eurocharged of Cincinnati is closest to me and I'm interested but after being blown off by them I really don't care for them to profit anything from me.

I know it sounds kind of dickish, but if they didn't want my business then why should I give it to them now?
Old 06-12-2020, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Omaha, getting closer. Too bad the Mercedes following in Kansas is a bit on the older side. Might have to make a trip if nothing else comes closer.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by catmandoob
Who is doing the work of the tune and who actually gets paid. Eurocharged of Cincinnati is closest to me and I'm interested but after being blown off by them I really don't care for them to profit anything from me.

I know it sounds kind of dickish, but if they didn't want my business then why should I give it to them now?

We are paid directly (through the website) and although we (Dave and Adam) are part of EC ATX, we are more of the extension for the tuner in Germany during these specific sessions - the host shops are kind enough to let us crash them for a day or two

For what it's worth - I'm sorry you had a bad experience over there.

Thanks!

Dave

Old 06-12-2020, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
Omaha, getting closer. Too bad the Mercedes following in Kansas is a bit on the older side. Might have to make a trip if nothing else comes closer.
Sounds like a great opportunity for a cruise!

Thanks!

Dave
INS1GNIA (06-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 03:30 PM

We are paid directly (through the website) and although we (Dave and Adam) are part of EC ATX, we are more of the extension for the tuner in Germany during these specific sessions - the host shops are kind enough to let us crash them for a day or two

For what it's worth - I'm sorry you had a bad experience over there.

Thanks!

Dave
Gotcha, Thanks for an Honest answer.

I can't help but want to try so I'm in!!

Also, I don't think I've seen this questions touched on. It works and does help for PFL so 08-11 years but how does it handle PFL not having a S+ mode, are there any major drawbacks or is it still just not having a launch mode and what not? Not sure if that question is even able to be answered.

Do appreciate your time and attention to this project. Looking forward to everyone's response and turn out.

Last edited by catmandoob; 06-12-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Gotcha, Thanks for an Honest answer.

I can't help but want to try so I'm in!!

Also, I don't think I've seen this questions touched on. It works and does help for PFL so 08-11 years but how does it handle PFL not having a S+ mode, are there any major drawbacks or is it still just not having a launch mode and what not? Not sure if that question is even able to be answered.

Do appreciate your time and attention to this project. Looking forward to everyone's response and turn out.
The lack of S+ and RS on PFL cars is not a big deal... we have done very exhaustive testing on all launch modes and launching the car on stall (MCT cars too, even though its not really a "stall") is by far the fastest way to get out of the hole, with or without a TCU tune...

Looking forward to it as well! I can tell you that it's REALLY brought up the spirits on the M157 crowd - and a breath of life to their platform that has been stagnant for a while... I feel it will be similar to the M156 folks, giving you the ability to shave a good chunk of time on your ET's and just make the car much more fun to drive!

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-16-2020, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
BIG UPDATE! We have dates for 2 regions

Costa Mesa (SoCal) date is Saturday, July 11th.

Chicago date is Saturday, July 18th.

Looking for 1 more in Beltsville, MD and 2 more in Burlingame (NorCal), CA to set those dates.

Bought tickets already, so we are 100% for Chicago and Costa Mesa, ready to buy em' for anywhere else that wants to join the party

Have a great afternoon!

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-17-2020, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Another Update:

Tickets purchased and Beltsville, MD is Confirmed - Date is Saturday, August 1st

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-22-2020, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c63 AMG
Another Update:

Tickets purchased and Beltsville, MD is Confirmed - Date is Saturday, August 1st

Thanks!

Dave
any updates on how many tickets are sold for this location and how many you have left..!?
Old 06-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by zeus_luis
any updates on how many tickets are sold for this location and how many you have left..!?
8 signed up so we're good! Go ahead and sign up

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2020, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Great News!

NorCal (Burlingame) is Confirmed for Saturday, July 25th!

Y'all have a month left to sign up

Thanks!

Dave
Old 06-24-2020, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C63 507 Coupe, 2015 C400, 2011 GLK 350, 1971 Opel GT
Hey Guys,

Is this ECU upgrade something that will be finding it's way to Eurocharged in Toronto at some point? Or will be available as a caned tune? I'm very interested in this but am deployed in the middle-east until the end of the year so traveling to the US to hit up one of the events isn't an option.

Cheers,
Steve.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Steve507
Hey Guys,

Is this ECU upgrade something that will be finding it's way to Eurocharged in Toronto at some point? Or will be available as a caned tune? I'm very interested in this but am deployed in the middle-east until the end of the year so traveling to the US to hit up one of the events isn't an option.

Cheers,
Steve.
Great news, Steve! Toronto **IS** able to do the TCU tune - so just get in tough with them when you get back!

Thank you for your service!

Dave
Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 PM

By chance how many are still needed for Cinc. ? If one wanted to could we switch desired places if one is willing and already put deposit down?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
By chance how many are still needed for Cinc. ? If one wanted to could we switch desired places if one is willing and already put deposit down?
Quite a few still - what did you have in mind. Feel free to PM me also.

Thanks!

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 722.9 TCU Tuning - US Tour - Coming very soon to a city near YOU :)