w204 Android display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204 c63
w204 Android display

Hey chaps.
I'm keen on getting one of these android displays to solve all my bluetooth and navigation gripes.
I'm looking at two:
DMP Car designs
and
CMK Car designs

Anyone have experience with either that can help me choose?

Cheers
Old 10-27-2020, 05:34 AM

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 589hp
Aren´t those the same ones?
Old 10-27-2020, 01:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Infiniti
Your links aren’t working for me. I have a couple of these I’m about to put up for sale. One with the square corner screen and the other with the round corners. Functionally, they are about the same. The newer version with round corners is a little bit more responsive. PM me any questions.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:32 PM

w204 c63
Not sure what this site does to links.

​​​​ overall they are both the same thing, but are they identical?

Are you selling new or second hand and how much are you chasing for the newer version?
Old 10-27-2020, 08:00 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C63
I have a Android screen, not from those companies. Those places just buy off Aliexpress/Alibaba and resell them.

Here's what I have:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000070630812.html

This connects to the "AUX" under your media source. From there, you can connect your phone via BT or Carplay (I have mine connected through Wireless carplay).

I can post up pictures later
Old 10-27-2020, 08:15 PM

w204 c63
Does it all work ok, easy to use daily?
or is it cumbersome and annoying daily?
Old 12-17-2020, 02:38 AM

W204 C Class Coupe
Originally Posted by eschow
I have a Android screen, not from those companies. Those places just buy off Aliexpress/Alibaba and resell them.

Here's what I have:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000070630812.html

This connects to the "AUX" under your media source. From there, you can connect your phone via BT or Carplay (I have mine connected through Wireless carplay).

I can post up pictures later

How did you manage to get the stereo re-installed after trying to hide the multi-plugs?
Old 12-17-2020, 06:11 PM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by W204guy
How did you manage to get the stereo re-installed after trying to hide the multi-plugs?
Shove everything down until it goes lol
Old 12-17-2020, 06:26 PM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by 15characters
Does it all work ok, easy to use daily?
or is it cumbersome and annoying daily?
Everything works great. Here's a pic from last year when I installed it

Old 12-17-2020, 06:59 PM

W204 C Class Coupe
Shove everything down until it goes lol
After more than 50 attempts, this hasn't worked for me. I have thrown in the towel before I damage something. The remaining options are:
a) cut away some of the plastic housing on the glove box side, to accommodate and hide the multiplugs
b) call in a professional
Old 12-17-2020, 07:12 PM

W204 C Class Coupe
I have the facelift 2014 w204 model. Aside from not being able to get the old stereo back in, the new Android unit works well. I'm surprised almost all of the buttons in the car work on the new screen.

I have the latest Android 10 / 4GB / 64GB model. The boot time is surprisingly quick. I was expecting c.30s but, it's more like 20s. Android systems will never beat OEM systems at boot up time (although, a key driver for me getting the Android was the outdated firmware on the NTG 4.5 system - often my Bluetooth streaming would fail to start and, I'd have to fiddle around to get this working. Likewise, when I got out the car, audio would continue blasting out on my phone, instead of pause).

I have written some custom code so, when the Android unit boots on ignition, it automatically starts playing Spotify (one drawback of the standard system) and, launchws itself automatically in split screen mode with Sat Nav on one side and the Spotify Now Playing on the other. Much more useful than the Mercedes splash screen.

Old 12-17-2020, 07:15 PM

W204 C Class Coupe
I have the facelift 2014 w204 model. Aside from not being able to get the old stereo back in, the new Android unit works well. I'm surprised almost all of the buttons in the car work on the new screen.

I have the latest Android 10 / 4GB / 64GB model. The boot time is surprisingly quick. I was expecting c.30s but, it's more like 20s. Android systems will never beat OEM systems at boot up time (although, a key driver for me getting the Android was the outdated firmware on the NTG 4.5 system - often my Bluetooth streaming would fail to start and, I'd have to fiddle around to get this working. Likewise, when I got out the car, audio would continue blasting out on my phone, instead of pause).

I have written some custom code so, when the Android unit boots on ignition, it automatically starts playing Spotify (one drawback of the standard system) and, launchws itself automatically in split screen mode with Sat Nav on one side and the Spotify Now Playing on the other. Much more useful than the Mercedes splash screen.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:17 PM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by W204guy

I've installed a few for facelift C63's. Not much different to the old one, except the way the COMMAND locks into the dash with a sliding mechanism.
There's no one perfect way to do it. Are you pushing the COMMAND in to line up the T20 screws?
Old 12-17-2020, 07:22 PM

W204 C Class Coupe
I've installed a few for facelift C63's. Not much different to the old one, except the way the COMMAND locks into the dash with a sliding mechanism.
There's no one perfect way to do it. Are you pushing the COMMAND in to line up the T20 screws?
what it seems to be fouling on is the big bulky cable on the new harness. A & A/B connectors pushed down in with the multi plugs or, fed up in the dash? Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. There's no space to bend the harness over itself and go underneath, with the big multi-plugs and parking brake cable occupying that space. Another problem I had was the multi-plugs lifting up when I put the unit in. I have wasted 7+ hours trying to get the unit in to no avail.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:09 PM

W204 C Class Coupe
FINISHED!

Finished the install.

Looks super neat.

I also took the liberty of hiding all cables and, fitting a 65W fast charger hidden in the centre console, to replace the 2.5W USBs in the car (The cable you see going off picture is the USB C charge cable for my phone).

Old 12-20-2020, 03:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 AMG
Looks great! Very clean install. Is the UI good?
I like these ones with the new screen on the FL cars but they stand out too much on the PFL ones like mine.
Im looking to get one of those that integrate to the preexisting screen in the FL car.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:35 PM

W204 C Class Coupe
Originally Posted by Heaven7
Looks great! Very clean install. Is the UI good?
I like these ones with the new screen on the FL cars but they stand out too much on the PFL ones like mine.
Im looking to get one of those that integrate to the preexisting screen in the FL car.

If I were you, I'd just get the most modern screen anyway. Sure, it doesn't look as seamless as the 2012 onward models (they look like it was meant to be) but, it still looks neat.

Take a look at my video on YouTube of the function of the system and the slight annoyances.