Sponsored by:

Panzerbiscuit Mod/Progress thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 02:51 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Howdy Gents,

Been a bit slow on the updates of the car, but that's life I guess.

I finally managed to get the car data logged for the headers, after dragging my feet for ages. Sorry again(Barry) @eightysixtuned . I am currently running Barry's Hammer tune, and it feels amazing.
I don't have an updated dyno sheet for this yet, but I do have a dyno sheet for Barry's Sport+ tune, which wasn't optimised for my headers. Not really helpful, but it's the best I could do.

With this tune, I put down 431whp on a heartbreak dyno. Note, this is the same dyno I have used for all my dyno readings. Not that they mean anything, but for the sake of consistency I like to use the same one. I'm curious to see what sort of numbers I put down with a tune set up for headers and now my TB's. Hopefully I can get close to 470ish WHP.

In the mean time I also ordered an LSD from Osgiken, and an 82mm throttle body kit from VRP. Ordering from VRP was pretty tricky, so in the end I opted to use Dyne Performance in Melbourne. I was aware that VRP supplied "used" TB's in there kit, but mine looked particularly "well loved". They seem to be functioning properly, so fingers crossed.

I also noticed that I was leaking a little bit of oil from the lefthand side of my engine bay, that would occasionally drip onto my headers and cause a puff of white smoke every so often. Thanks to some forum members, this was identified to be a leaky valve/rocker cover gasket seal. Jan from 63motorsports was kind enough to send me a set he had laying around free of charge. I honestly cannot thank Jan enough for this. He saved my bacon big time!

While the car was going to be having some mods done, I thought I may as well address a few service items. I ordered a new PCV valve, as mine was an original one from factory, and i guess after ~136k kms, it was probably rooted. I ordered some new coil packs for good measure.

Car went in last week to have the parts fitted, and address a few things. The shop that I used was extremely thorough and found a few things which I had not accounted for. such as:
  • Battery had low voltage and needed to be replaced
  • Power steering pump needed replacing
  • Both valve covers were cracked and needed replacing
  • one of my 02 sensors was buggered, and a no name, chinese brand
  • front suspension end links were buggered
  • engine mounts had collapsed, and engine was resting on subframe
  • tail light assembly needed to be rewired
  • pcv valve had been shoved at a weird angle into firewall when catch can was installed
Everything was addressed with the exception of my engine mounts, as I had ordered a set from creative steel which are on backorder. Hopefully they arrive before the car goes in for the LSD fitment in 2 weeks. My intake manifold is thankfully in good condition, so I can hold off on a supercharger for a few more years.

I am driving the car like a granny until my engine mounts are sorted, but from my initial impressions. The car sounds way throatier at startup, maybe the car revs easier, I am not sure.
I definitely think it needs a retune once my engine mounts are sorted. I'll do some datalogging and have Barry sort me out for a retune!

Once the mounts and LSD are in, I will be doing some more runs with a dragy, in addition to hitting the drag strip. Which will be a first for me!
Dyno numbers are one thing, but I am very curious to see what sort of times I can post in a "controlled" environment and what my trap speed is. If I can manage a 11ish sec quarter mile at like 200kph I will be stoked.

The following 2 users liked this post by Panzerbiscuit:
juggernaut1 (08-02-2023), yfz rock (10-15-2023)
Old 07-30-2023, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive 2016 MB C 300
I love it !