Sponsored by:

Handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Angry Handling

Hello, Maybe y'all can help put input on what I should do after this horrible f$k up, I took my c63 to a shop to put on headers and when he installed my headers he dropped the steering rack to have more space, when I went to pick up the vehicle the steering wheel was sideways and he said I should get a alignment I told him a alignment wouldn't fix a 90 degree angle steering wheel and we kept putting it on the lift to straighten up the steering wheel and he couldn't figure it out, long story short I fixed the steering wheel but the issue Im having now is that I have a-lot of play with the steering and it doesn't feel like it handles like before, what could this issue be!!!
Old 06-22-2021, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 218 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Read this active thread. Looks like lots of similarities IMO
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-install.html
Old 06-22-2021, 08:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Vader204
Hello, Maybe y'all can help put input on what I should do after this horrible f$k up, I took my c63 to a shop to put on headers and when he installed my headers he dropped the steering rack to have more space, when I went to pick up the vehicle the steering wheel was sideways and he said I should get a alignment I told him a alignment wouldn't fix a 90 degree angle steering wheel and we kept putting it on the lift to straighten up the steering wheel and he couldn't figure it out, long story short I fixed the steering wheel but the issue Im having now is that I have a-lot of play with the steering and it doesn't feel like it handles like before, what could this issue be!!!
I made the other thread for this issue. Yours sounds a bit worse though, my car handling still feels fine its just off by like just a tad in terms of alignment -- was yours really off by 90 degrees?! sounds like however you fixed the steering to be center just masked the problem if thats the case -- people on my thread said to check the steering column.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
I couldn't 100% understand what to do, I fixed the steering wheel being sideways had to drive 30 minutes home like that sketchy lol, only issue im having is that there is a-lot of play with the steering and It sways a-lot!