Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 11:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 c350 4matic
Question 507 - Can't decide between the 6 507s

****Update: I'll be going with the Mars Red 2015

****Update: Silver (not matt) pricing

****Update: white 507 had a minor accident

Hi All, just want to start out by saying how amazing all the posts on here are. I've been a long time lurker.

I used to own a 2008 c350, and fell in love with the w204. My dream obviously is to get a black series one day, but for now I'm settled on the Edition 507.

I'm hoping some of you can provide some insight into what would be the best purchase. All of these are 507s, with good service history, no accidents, and fully loaded with LSD, multimedia, etc. with prices pretty much already negotiated:
  • 2014 Magno Silver Matt: 25k miles (40k km), $49k USD (price + tax)
    • At a dealer
    • black on black interior
    • black rims
    • No accidents
    • 3 (maybe 4 owners)
  • 2015 Mars Red: 29k miles (47k km), $49k USD (price + tax)
    • At a dealer
    • black on black interor
    • black rims
    • No accidents
    • 3 (maybe 4 owners)
  • 2014 Silver (not Matt): 17k miles (27k km), $53k USD (price + tax + shipping) *** UPDATED PRICE
    • At a dealer
    • white on black interior
    • silver rims
    • No accidents
    • 1/single owner
  • 2015 White: 21kmiles (35k km), $46k USD (all-in) **updated No longer being considered
    • Private
    • back on black interor
    • black rims
    • 1 minor accident, front fender was reversed into, fixed at Merc
    • 1/single owner
    • waiting for carfax / VIN
  • 2015 Tenorite Grey: 49k miles (80k km), $40k USD (all-in) No longer being considered
    • Private
    • black on black interor
    • silver rims
    • No accidents (unverfied)
    • 1/single owner (unverified)
    • waiting for carfax / VIN

The red looks mean, and had a very strong presence. The Silver (matt and regular) is clean, different, timeless. My c350 was white, and I always loved it. The silver (not matt) from my understanding was a fairly common color for the 507.

I prefer the black rims, but that isn't a decision maker for me, I could always plasti-dip it or something.

Here are my questions:
  • Seems like these are really good prices for the car based on CarAndBids, Classic and BringATrailer? Yes / No? Is it too much?
  • Should I spend the extra cash for the lowest mileage / km car? (I don't drive much, just weekend, for joy rides, etc - 2-3 miles per year!)
  • Does single owner vs 3/4 owner really make that big of a different?
  • What color?! Which one is the rarest color here - I know MB doesn't release their stats, but guessing
Please help! sleepless nights here

Last edited by kirilogan; 07-29-2021 at 09:41 PM. Reason: WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
Old 07-20-2021, 08:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C63 AMG 507 Edition
I think Mars Red is an incredible color , especially on the 507 with all the black accents.
The following 2 users liked this post by Inturrisi:
FloridaBrent (07-21-2021), Saurabh914 (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 09:26 AM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by Inturrisi
I think Mars Red is an incredible color , especially on the 507 with all the black accents.
Thank you for the input, I agree, it has presence… a very strong one.

But does it not worry you that it has 3 previous owners? Is something wrong with it? Also, I don’t plan on selling it anytime soon, but I also don’t want it to be difficult for me to do so.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 232 Likes on 136 Posts
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG
Originally Posted by kirilogan
Thank you for the input, I agree, it has presence… a very strong one.

But does it not worry you that it has 3 previous owners? Is something wrong with it? Also, I don’t plan on selling it anytime soon, but I also don’t want it to be difficult for me to do so.
Get a Pre-Purchase Inspection on whichever one you decide on. It’s around $200 which should include visual inspection and more importantly a compression test on all cylinders.

low mileage revised M156 don’t go bad unless you run them dry. That or the stupid popcorn tunes where kids rev them to hell and back.
The following users liked this post:
Inturrisi (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Just a couple of notes on color:
I love a Mars Red C63 (i have 09 Mars Red C63 sedan with grey 507 wheels and blacked out trim) but be aware there is a proposed settlement for defective paint in that color: Marsredpaintsettlement.com. According to the suit, the paint is soft and the clearcoat peels (my door handles have peeled but no other issues *knock on wood* so far). If this is a buy and keep it forever type purchase, something to consider. I didnt know about the issue before I bought the car and i'm not sure if it would have kept me from buying it. Red C63s are relatively rare as it took me awhile to find one, The overwhelming majority were white or black with the occassional silver.

On the Magno Silver, I recently purchased a Designo Selenite Gray AMG GT. The color is stunning but if you've never owned a proper matte paint job, just know little scuffs or scratches can't be buffed out the way a standard paint job would and you'll need another set of car wash products specifically for matte paint. Not a huge deal and wouldn't have stopped me from buying my car but again just something to consider if you don't absolutely love the silver.

My two cents, of your choices, i'd probably go for the Mars Red… but I remember seeing a Magno Selenite 2014 507 around the time I was looking and would probably hold out for that color now. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2021, 02:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
one thing i'd recommend is...if 4 out of 5 are tuned...choose the one that has not been tuned or modified.

outside of that...the 507 is an awesome vehicle! i personally want a red AMG next if that helps at all.

good luck on purchase!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-20-2021, 06:29 PM

08 c350 4matic
I think so too, but that magno silver is pretty nice!

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2021, 06:32 PM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by lilbaggie
Just a couple of notes on color:
I love a Mars Red C63 (i have 09 Mars Red C63 sedan with grey 507 wheels and blacked out trim) but be aware there is a proposed settlement for defective paint in that color: Marsredpaintsettlement.com. According to the suit, the paint is soft and the clearcoat peels (my door handles have peeled but no other issues *knock on wood* so far). If this is a buy and keep it forever type purchase, something to consider. I didnt know about the issue before I bought the car and i'm not sure if it would have kept me from buying it. Red C63s are relatively rare as it took me awhile to find one, The overwhelming majority were white or black with the occassional silver.

On the Magno Silver, I recently purchased a Designo Selenite Gray AMG GT. The color is stunning but if you've never owned a proper matte paint job, just know little scuffs or scratches can't be buffed out the way a standard paint job would and you'll need another set of car wash products specifically for matte paint. Not a huge deal and wouldn't have stopped me from buying my car but again just something to consider if you don't absolutely love the silver.

My two cents, of your choices, i'd probably go for the Mars Red… but I remember seeing a Magno Selenite 2014 507 around the time I was looking and would probably hold out for that color now. Good luck!
Thank you for this, I didn't realize that there was a class action for that problem. The bigger problem is I'm in canada, and doesn't seem like it applies here.

You took me on a rollercoaster there... first I was like okay seems like everyone is a go for the red... then you ended on waiting for the matt

Thank you for your input though... it clearly seems like everyone is at Red v Magno (no silver non-matt, grey, etc).

Old 07-20-2021, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 146 Likes on 111 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
I’d go white private sale good mileage one owner taken care of
Old 07-20-2021, 08:25 PM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
I’d go white private sale good mileage one owner taken care of
The owner just got back to me, the car had a minor accident on the front driver fender. Which I don't like ... I know it's minor but I wanted a clean car
Old 07-20-2021, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 146 Likes on 111 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450
The owner just got back to me, the car had a minor accident on the front driver fender. Which I don't like ... I know it's minor but I wanted a clean car
yup scratch that
Old 07-20-2021, 08:31 PM

08 c350 4matic
What is everyone's thoughts on a 507 that is very clean (the magno and red) but has 3-4 previous owners? do you think that matters much?
Old 07-20-2021, 09:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
F10 M5 Comp, 2012 Ford Raptor
What is everyone's thoughts on a 507 that is very clean (the magno and red) but has 3-4 previous owners? do you think that matters much?
When you say "all-in" on your prices, is that purchase or transaction price with tax, title, license and fees?
I'd go with the Mars Red - it's the best color for the W204 if the paint is in good condition. I tried forever to find one in good shape but they all had various issues with the clear coat that I didn't want to deal with. Diamond White is also very striking on these cars, especially the fender and body character lines.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz C63 Edition 507, 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB
Forget the last one if it doesn't quite do it for you. Forget the white one if you don't want a car with an accident. The $57k car is overpriced and not worth it even if it's a single owner car. I don't like red on a Mercedes but that's personal opinion. The silver one for$49k sounds reasonably priced and has the black rims you like.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:51 AM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by InTr4nceWeTrust
Forget the last one if it doesn't quite do it for you. Forget the white one if you don't want a car with an accident. The $57k car is overpriced and not worth it even if it's a single owner car. I don't like red on a Mercedes but that's personal opinion. The silver one for$49k sounds reasonably priced and has the black rims you like.
I just got the lowest price they are willing to go for the lowest km Silver (non-matt) (that I listed as $57k earlier). $54k all-in ($48k + tax + shipping). Would you still say the Magno Silver one is still better? Pretty much comes down to +$5k for single owner and 8k miles less. I'm just worried that the Magno (with me) would have 4 owners, and is going to drive the value down.

Last edited by kirilogan; 07-22-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:53 AM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by cloverfield
When you say "all-in" on your prices, is that purchase or transaction price with tax, title, license and fees?
I'd go with the Mars Red - it's the best color for the W204 if the paint is in good condition. I tried forever to find one in good shape but they all had various issues with the clear coat that I didn't want to deal with. Diamond White is also very striking on these cars, especially the fender and body character lines.
I keep going back and forth on the Mars Red v Magno v Silver. Any thoughts on what the 4 previous owners would do in terms of resale value? I'm sure there are other that are hesitant like I am.

Last edited by kirilogan; 07-22-2021 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd value condition and the car you want over number of owners. Even all things being equal, a one owner car might get you a bit of a premium later but nothing to offset you getting the car you want. People move out of these cars for any number of reasons—ride is stiffer than they expected, mileage, pending brake job, rear tires every 8–10k etc.

I tried to look up the actual vehicles you're contemplating. They seem to be all coupes. Red vs Silver (matte or not), i'd definitely go red, (i'm not of fan of the multi-colored interior of any color combo). I would bring up the paint and show them the US settlement as a negotiating point. It's a non Mercedes dealer so they may not even know about paint issue and you can play it off as a ticking time bomb.

Also make sure you look at remaining brake pad/rotor life and rear tire tread. How close those are to replacement and their cost could be another factor in your decision/negotiations.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz C63 Edition 507, 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB
When I see single owner, I say "oh cool". That's it. It changes nothing for me in terms of what I'm willing to pay for a car. Like others have said, condition is far more important than number of owners. I know people who sell cars after a year regularly just because they like to change their cars. You yourself are thinking about resale value before you've even bought it.

8k miles is not that many unless you plan on this being a garage queen.

Going back to resale value, it's not something I personally like to think about too much lately. With the current increase in car prices, I'm fully accepting of a good possibility of a large drop in value on any car I purchase in the near future.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
I would go with the Magno C63. I always liked the uniqueness/look of that color scheme. Just be sure to inspect the paint first. The amount of owners doesn't matter to me, same as lilbaggie mentioned.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3
Where are you finding all these 507s? Care to share info/links of those you are not considering?
I'm in the US west coast and cannot find a single sedan for sale.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:03 PM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by m3gusta
Where are you finding all these 507s? Care to share info/links of those you are not considering?
I'm in the US west coast and cannot find a single sedan for sale.
hey, yeah of course. These are all in Canada. If you are still interested, I’ll pull all the links for you.

note, none of these are Sedans
Old 07-29-2021, 09:41 PM

08 c350 4matic
Thank you all for the amazing support!

I've opted to go for the Mars Red 2015. They are changing out the rotors+pads (I'm pretty sure it won't be OEM), winter tires (lol yes, i'll probably just sell them or slap them on during storage in the winter) and also including a new battery. Tried to talk them into warranty as well, but they wouldn't budget past this.

Thank you all!! You have been amazing! I'll post pics once I get it
m3gusta
INS1GNIA
lilbaggie
InTr4nceWeTrust
cloverfield
AMGonFire
hachiroku
Slow_c63
Inturrisi

One thing that is driving me crazy about this car through is the amount of paint chips. The PPI can back very clean, says the car doesn't show more than 44k, and also says for some reason the Mars Red paint job is fairly thin (all around).
The following users liked this post:
INS1GNIA (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 232 Likes on 136 Posts
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG
Congrats AND,

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...on-settlement/
Old 07-30-2021, 03:22 PM

08 c350 4matic
Originally Posted by Slow_c63
thank you, I’ve heard of this. Only problem is that the settlement is only for us. I’m in Canada
Old 08-04-2021, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
hey, yeah of course. These are all in Canada. If you are still interested, I’ll pull all the links for you.

note, none of these are Sedans
can I get those links too trying to find one at a decent price

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 507 - Can't decide between the 6 507s