Introducing ELIMIVIBE ™ Engine Mounts!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2022 | 01:30 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Introducing ELIMIVIBE ™ Engine Mounts!

The time has finally arrived!!! 🙌
Creative Steel Inc. is proud to introduce our ELIMIVIBE ™ series engine mounts! With ELIMIVIBE ™ series engine mounts, the days of compromising strength, comfort, and/or longevity are finally over.

ELIMIVIBE™ features:
  • Designed, Manufactured, and Assembled in House with USA Materials
  • 6061 Billet Aluminum Body
  • Dual Heat Isolators for Increased Longevity
  • Contains No Liquid
  • Interlocking Design to Prevent Over Extension/Compression of Engine Mount
  • Rebuildable Design
  • Progressive Dampening
For a limited time, ELIMIVIBE ™ engine mounts will be offered at an introductory price. For additional information/to order please visit: https://creative-steel.com/shop/merc...engine-mounts/

Old 09-15-2022 | 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Would you happen to have a disassembled picture? Curious on their construction and how heat isolation is handled to protect the polyurethane from melting.

I currently have the ECE mounts but would gladly switch if I didn't have to keep swapping out the poly inserts.

My application is racing only.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
BLKROKT (09-15-2022), catmandoob (09-15-2022), duuder (09-16-2022)
Old 09-16-2022 | 01:26 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Jasonoff,

At this time we do not have any internal pictures for the public however I will try to explain what makes the ELIMIVIBE engine mounts better than the competition.

As with any polyurethane engine mount, the polyurethane itself is the heart of the engine mount and is most likely the part that will fail. Any metal structures or other parts of the engine mount may have effect on the polyurethane but generally will not carry much weight when comparing engine mounts.
  • First and probably the most important aspect is the type and quality of the polyurethane. We have been processing polyurethane for over 10 years which has given us a huge understanding of polyurethane and how to utilize it properly. Polyurethane is not all created equal just like metal, rubber, plastic, etc. We use a very high quality polyurethane that has better properties than the competition.
  • While durometer is only one aspect of how an engine mount will behave, it is still a very important aspect. Generally as you go up in durometer the properties get better. ELIMIVIBE engine mounts use a higher durometer polyurethane than the competition, as well as, offering OEM level NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).
  • ELIMIVIBE engine mounts offer 2 heat isolators to further aid in longevity of the polyurethane.

There are many other aspects that play small roles to keep the polyurethane from failing as well. We are confident that the ELIMIVIBE engine mounts will outperform the competition that we offer lifetime warranty on all polyurethane components to the original purchaser.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (09-16-2022)
Old 09-16-2022 | 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Thanks for the reply. I will hold off on seeing how these are constructed first. What I have now "works" it's just a yearly maintenance item.

Here's your competition which are no longer available. It was a decent concept, well built, just not great at coping with the hostile environment they live in. You can see how the heat from the headers completely distorted the bottom inserts.

EDIT: In no way bashing the competition either. They work, just not robust is all.

This is the solution, mica isolation discs to reduce thermal transfer into the poly (unsure if this solved the issue or not). I also updated to 60A (red) inserts in the process of transitioning from street to track only.

Oh and this is what happens if you completely neglect swapping out the poly inserts (not my car)

Last edited by Jasonoff; 09-16-2022 at 06:02 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
Adi-Benz (09-21-2022), duuder (09-16-2022), GRP (09-16-2022), PNW_E63_AMG (11-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022 | 04:42 PM

'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
^^ Same thing happened to me. I'm hoping that with my LTH the heat will not be as bad since there are no cats near the mounts + wrapped the LTH with exhaust wrap + put gold foil on the mounts. Mine were completely melted through.

Plus this time, I'm trying a new version of their high temp inserts... Hopefully all these make them last longer.
Old 09-21-2022 | 08:21 PM

S/C C63
Originally Posted by gtracer
^^ Same thing happened to me. I'm hoping that with my LTH the heat will not be as bad since there are no cats near the mounts + wrapped the LTH with exhaust wrap + put gold foil on the mounts. Mine were completely melted through.

Plus this time, I'm trying a new version of their high temp inserts... Hopefully all these make them last longer.

Where did you get a set of the high temp inserts?
Old 09-22-2022 | 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

10 C six trizzle
I've never felt any poly engine mounts or bushings feel even remotely close to stock. Interesting to see the feedback on these once they come to market.
Old 09-22-2022 | 01:17 PM

'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
I'll try to see if I can get a set installed by end of fall. Just placed an order, I can't use my 4 point brace anymore because of my engine sagging and after looking at what Jasonoff posted I know why now lol

I don't wanna do this again in a year and I already had to have exhaust manifold gasket replaced again too, need to do passenger gasket now because VRP uses crap tastic ones and no one told me so I didn't know to point Modern Masters in another direction. Let's just say VRP and MM are made for each other.

Anywho, very interested to see if I can get more than a year out of these, I think I got right at 17k miles and it's been 2 years (last year has been rough, had to remove brace and awful tranny vibe etc from being off height) out of the ECE ones before they def aren't holding things lined up now.

Anybody know a reputable actual reliable shop near Huntington, WV? Not sure I wanna try to tackle this in my driveway nor go where I went last time haha

Last edited by catmandoob; 09-22-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2022 | 05:13 PM

E63
Very nice mounts, if I didn't already have my VRP billet mounts I'd order some of these. I have your trans mount and it's a nice quality piece.
Creative Steel (10-18-2022)
Old 09-26-2022 | 03:21 PM

'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
Originally Posted by CyanideRide
Where did you get a set of the high temp inserts?
I emailed ECE directly. They still had a few sets of inserts for current owners of their mounts.
CyanideRide (09-26-2022)
Old 10-18-2022 | 01:01 PM
SPONSOR

12 E63AMG and 19 GLC63AMG
We here at boostedbenz.com can support current ECE customers as well as new customers of Boosted Benz with engine mount bushings. We have purchased the ECE design and created our own personal touch to release the M157 AWD engine mount. We have added radiant heat protection to the design of the bushing as well as the outer core. We have also worked with a vendor to develop a custom heat shield that fits snug over the engine mount. If any one is interested or needs assistance please contact info@boostedbenz.com or visit boostedbenz.com

Boosted Benz Heat Shield - M157 AWD Engine Mount

Boosted Benz Engine Mount Bushings - M157 AWD Engine Mount

Old 10-18-2022 | 01:42 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
I've never felt any poly engine mounts or bushings feel even remotely close to stock. Interesting to see the feedback on these once they come to market.
We hear you there and that was a big part of why it took us nearly 3 years to release these engine mounts and why we have filed for a patent. We use highly sensitive vibration test equipment to make this claim and charts comparing ELIMIVIBE to OEM will be coming soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by Creative Steel:
GarlicBread (10-19-2022), roadtalontsi (11-20-2022)
Old 10-20-2022 | 08:43 AM

'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
I finally have my Elimivibe mounts installed, I have to say their claims are dang close. I am coming from ECE mounts which at first were great compared to worn OEM mounts. When I had the Elimivibe mounts installed the ECE mounts had lowered by about 1/2" so it was a noticeable drag on drive train.

First start up and had some odd settling sounds but after that and getting a mile or so all settled in i guess. I have not experienced that before with engine mount switch so I do plan on looking into that a bit more. Aside from that it feels great, I think there is maybe a smidge more vibration than OEM but I can confidently say not much if so. They feel smooth at idle and even smoother under throttle. I don't have equipment to monitor but after 2 days of driving now it at least feels like a Benz again and I want to say better than when the ECE were first installed as far as vibrations through cab etc.

I will try to give more feedback as I rack the miles up on these new mounts.

Quick vid of opening the ECE mounts up, didn't look near as bad as they felt hahaha
GarlicBread (10-20-2022)
Old 10-22-2022 | 10:12 AM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by catmandoob
I finally have my Elimivibe mounts installed, I have to say their claims are dang close. I am coming from ECE mounts which at first were great compared to worn OEM mounts. When I had the Elimivibe mounts installed the ECE mounts had lowered by about 1/2" so it was a noticeable drag on drive train.

First start up and had some odd settling sounds but after that and getting a mile or so all settled in i guess. I have not experienced that before with engine mount switch so I do plan on looking into that a bit more. Aside from that it feels great, I think there is maybe a smidge more vibration than OEM but I can confidently say not much if so. They feel smooth at idle and even smoother under throttle. I don't have equipment to monitor but after 2 days of driving now it at least feels like a Benz again and I want to say better than when the ECE were first installed as far as vibrations through cab etc.

https://youtu.be/gK60mwdD4Tw Quick vid of opening the ECE mounts up, didn't look near as bad as they felt hahaha
Thank you for the feedback! We are not sure what the settling sound would be as that would be a first for us as well. The engine mounts will transmit slightly less NVH after about 500mi or so. Not too bad of a ride with 75A durometer huh?

Keep us updated on how you like them with more miles on them!
Old 11-19-2022 | 09:06 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by catmandoob

https://youtu.be/gK60mwdD4Tw Quick vid of opening the ECE mounts up, didn't look near as bad as they felt hahaha
should have opened the CS mounts ugh
djjs (05-24-2024)
Old 11-19-2022 | 09:47 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by PNW_E63_AMG
should have opened the CS mounts ugh
We will be posting some pictures of what is inside here soon but basically the polyurethane is in the shape of a cone. Feel free to come by the shop as we are also in the PNW (Salem, OR).
Old 11-19-2022 | 09:50 PM

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Creative Steel
We will be posting some pictures of what is inside here soon but basically the polyurethane is in the shape of a cone. Feel free to come by the shop as we are also in the PNW (Salem, OR).
That would be awesome. Would like to see a couple before blackfriday although ill probably order anyway as I have your trans mount.
I was initially planning on your original version for my E63 but seeing the exposed poly has me wondering if they will hold up to the heat. I reached out to Anderzen who has the og design for an update. But do the og style mounts melt like the ece ones?
Old 11-20-2022 | 11:31 AM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
That would be awesome. Would like to see a couple before blackfriday although ill probably order anyway as I have your trans mount.
I was initially planning on your original version for my E63 but seeing the exposed poly has me wondering if they will hold up to the heat. I reached out to Anderzen who has the og design for an update. But do the og style mounts melt like the ece ones?
We have never seen our old design engine mounts melt like the ECE ones with over 3 platforms and 100's of sets sold. The polyurethane in the old design is the same as what is in our new Elimivibe series. Actually we plan to do a video showing what our polyurethane does at 300*F in an oven (spoiler- it will not melt). We have had to melt some of our polyurethane before and it takes a direct flame quite a while to melt it.
PNW_E63_AMG (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022 | 11:49 AM

E63 AMG
We have never seen our old design engine mounts melt like the ECE ones with over 3 platforms and 100's of sets sold. The polyurethane in the old design is the same as what is in our new Elimivibe series. Actually we plan to do a video showing what our polyurethane does at 300*F in an oven (spoiler- it will not melt). We have had to melt some of our polyurethane before and it takes a direct flame quite a while to melt it.
Thank you, im torn between the two. Im looking for a firmer tighter ride. Not totally concerned with some increase in nvh but prefer the car to be a littler firmer and tight. Would you reccomend the og black or red or straight to elimivibe? What is the stiffness of the og black vs red vs elimivibe 75A?

Thank you!
Old 11-20-2022 | 08:39 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Thank you, im torn between the two. Im looking for a firmer tighter ride. Not totally concerned with some increase in nvh but prefer the car to be a littler firmer and tight. Would you reccomend the og black or red or straight to elimivibe? What is the stiffness of the og black vs red vs elimivibe 75A?

Thank you!
Well if you are not too concerned with vibrations then our older design is a great option for a little cheaper. We will be discontinuing that style once stock runs out however. The Elimivibe mounts mimic OEM vibrations like stated earlier. Older design in black is 75A and red is 95A. The Elimivibe mounts are only offered in 75A. Both designs offer very little movement of the engine so either one would do the job that you are looking for.
Old 11-20-2022 | 08:41 PM

E63 AMG
Well if you are not too concerned with vibrations then our older design is a great option for a little cheaper. We will be discontinuing that style once stock runs out however. The Elimivibe mounts mimic OEM vibrations like stated earlier. Older design in black is 75A and red is 95A. The Elimivibe mounts are only offered in 75A. Both designs offer very little movement of the engine so either one would do the job that you are looking for.
Thanks so much! Last question. Will you ever offer 95A on the elimivibe in the future? Will they be available separately as an option should I do the elimivibe now? Thanks so much you guys are awesome
Old 11-20-2022 | 09:13 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Thanks so much! Last question. Will you ever offer 95A on the elimivibe in the future? Will they be available separately as an option should I do the elimivibe now? Thanks so much you guys are awesome
We will not offer the Elimivibe in 95A. Reason being is the Elimivibe is designed so that at an idle the engine transfers minimal vibration but when you accelerate, they have a progressive damper and eventually hit metal on metal bumpstop. It takes quite a bit of power to hit the bumpstops and at that point they are basically a solid mount. At the same time the engine RPM is much higher so you dont really feel the vibration of them acting as a solid mount because the frequency of the vibration is very high. Also full metal to metal contact is only about 1/8" so like I said they offer very little movement.

I think either mount will do exactly what you are looking for however the Elimivibe mounts have lots of R&D to make the very best mount possible at an affordable price.
PNW_E63_AMG (06-08-2023)
Old 05-24-2024 | 06:59 PM

W203 C55, W245 B170
Originally Posted by boostedbenz.com
We here at boostedbenz.com can support current ECE customers as well as new customers of Boosted Benz with engine mount bushings. We have purchased the ECE design and created our own personal touch to release the M157 AWD engine mount. We have added radiant heat protection to the design of the bushing as well as the outer core. We have also worked with a vendor to develop a custom heat shield that fits snug over the engine mount. If any one is interested or needs assistance please contact info@boostedbenz.com or visit boostedbenz.com

Boosted Benz Heat Shield - M157 AWD Engine Mount

Boosted Benz Engine Mount Bushings - M157 AWD Engine Mount
Need to know if you guys ship internationally, and small group orders ?
I've worked with Ahmad from ECE back when he still offered the mounts, on the inserts and temperature issues.
The main reason for those inserts to fail periodically is heat cycles.
They don't just fail at high temperature in a short period of time but rather degrade as time went by with multiple heat up cool down cycles.
Basically what we did is tested all kinds of different inserts he sent me and see how long each lasted as I've got 3 C55's at hand back then. Each with different set up and driving environments. (Urban, Rural, Mixed / Casual, Commuter, Boy racer)
Unfortunate they all failed eventually. Now that Ahmad is out of the game and is no longer supporting current users. I have nowhere to turn to.
I've tried having local supplier to fabricate some inserts but they're either too harsh in NVH or fails just as fast if not sooner.
I am located in Taiwan, logistics and supplies on these custom items are quite a feat as not many people are doing stuff like us using custom mounts n stuff.