C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 12:38 PM

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63s
Originally Posted by alexasa
I'm glad you got more definitive info. This may not be long after the first of us are getting cars. Again - it all revolves around certification and even boats transporting them. Your car should at least not get held at port with that timeframe for any reason.
Good point. It’s always interesting when the first round of Benz’s are held at the port indefinitely, then boom, they all get released and flood the dealerships/owners. If history repeats itself, the subsequent allocations don't go through the same waiting period. So we’ll see.

One thing that eases the wait is the fact I can continue to enjoy my c450. Although high mileage and going on its 6th year, the sound it generates never gets old; and it will not be duplicated in the successor.

I look forward to discussions on how we can modify the sound of the W206.

Last edited by Zee$; 07-26-2022 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,486 Likes on 2,115 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Zee$
Good point. It’s always interesting when the first round of Benz’s are held at the port indefinitely, then boom, they all get released and flood the dealerships/owners. If history repeats itself, the subsequent allocations do go through the same waiting period. So we’ll see.

One thing that eases the wait is the fact I can continue to enjoy my c450. Although high mileage and going on its 6th year, the sound it generates never gets old; and it will not be duplicated in the successor.

I look forward to discussions on how we can modify the sound of the W206.
nothing a new exhaust wouldn't do : ), maybe as simple as downpipes will wake everything up.
The following users liked this post:
Zee$ (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
https://drives.today/articles/937/se...-c43-w206.html

this review is tough to read lol
Old 07-26-2022, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
nothing a new exhaust wouldn't do : ), maybe as simple as downpipes will wake everything up.
I think people got used to not needing an aftermarket exhaust for their car to sound good. Which has been nice but an exhaust mod is simple enough and pretty exciting when you jump back in for the first time to drive it.
Old 07-26-2022, 09:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

I think people got used to not needing an aftermarket exhaust for their car to sound good. Which has been nice but an exhaust mod is simple enough and pretty exciting when you jump back in for the first time to drive it.
That is fair, for example personally I kept the PE on my 2017 because non of the aftermarket exhaust for it suits me, I also like the factory PE more than all those aftermarket solutions.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
grey c300

Mohave silver:

cardinal red:

lunar blue:

Starling Blue:

selenite seems pretty rare, at least in AMG line. Probably one of MB's most popular colors in the past

Last edited by alexasa; 02-26-2023 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

graphite grey c300

Mohave silver:

cardinal red:

lunar blue:

Starling Blue:

selenite seems pretty rare, at least in AMG line. Probably one of MB's most popular colors in the past
Big fan of selenite, it looks good on most MBs imo, including selenite magno.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

This video shows the sound better than any others yet IMO. Launch from exterior, etc.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
A lot of videos about the car market bubble collapsing (like the one below) have been showing up on my youtube feed. I have to admit that I don't know much about the car market, the AMG market, or economics. I'm just buying the C43 to get into the AMG world and because it would be a perfect everyday driver for me. Has anyone thought about what might happen to the 2023 C43's price/market value if the car market bubble does end up collapsing in the near future? Maybe we're more insulated because the supply of the C43 is so low? But then again, if the car market bubble collapses, would we save on the dealer markup ($5-$10k or whatever it may be) if we just wait a few months to buy after the collapse? But then again, if we're holding on to this car for over 5 years, then any losses will be spread out and won't be as bad. I'll likely still end up buying my C43 once it comes in, but I'd like to know what your guys' thoughts are.

Old 07-31-2022, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
you should absolutely not agree to paying anything over MSRP.

The market will drastically change and if your dealer is unwilling to work with you on that you should wait. Entirely my opinion anyways.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Studio pack/style package looks to extend the entire front lip - doesn't really come across in videos

Old 08-01-2022, 06:58 AM

2018 E63s
For me, the deal is not done until the car is in my garage. With that said, there are still a few mitigating factors that could tank this deal. If the dealer throws me a curve ball and tacks on ADM, I’m likely out. Additionally, if the MSRP (before options) comes in at mid 60’s, I may reconsider as well. The gamble is in the deposit and whether or not I will have to forfeit it.

I’m not so sure we will be insulated by the seemingly short supply of C43 production. Take a look at the used car market for the CLA45 with the M139 engine (‘20-‘21). They are readily available and steadily following the depreciation curve. The demand for the hand built 4-cylinder seems to be less than overwhelming. Coupled with the likelihood of softening market, means we’re in for a bumpy ride.

My plan to soften the blow is to pay sticker, shoot for 2-3% financing and keep the car for five years.

This is one of the entry level AMG’s and I’m fortunate enough to be a part of it. I’m just going to embrace it rather than focus too much on the hit.

Last edited by Zee$; 08-01-2022 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW 430i
Although I ordered the 2023 C43, I won’t like to pay over than MSRP. Due to the used car market is going down now, I think 2022Q4 and 2023Q1 the car marketing price will be more clear. If 2023 c43 also need 5k mark up, I will drop it. There are too many good cars and other dealers for choosing. Be patient.

The following users liked this post:
Zee$ (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 01:45 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2023 AMG C43 Sedan, 2022 GLB 250
I have confirmed a few times that this will be as MSRP with my dealer, @bugyboy78 you should feel comfortable confirming as well. Sounded like reading around on here that it was very dealer group dependent. This is also the case if I were to build a currently available model and have it delivered. That being said you never know until something is signed; I just can't imagine burning a bridge over a single deal with having provided repeat business to a specific dealer.

@alexasa Thanks for the other pictures, I think this solidified my graphite choice I think it looks amazing.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Kinematic
I have confirmed a few times that this will be as MSRP with my dealer, @bugyboy78 you should feel comfortable confirming as well. Sounded like reading around on here that it was very dealer group dependent. This is also the case if I were to build a currently available model and have it delivered. That being said you never know until something is signed; I just can't imagine burning a bridge over a single deal with having provided repeat business to a specific dealer.

@alexasa Thanks for the other pictures, I think this solidified my graphite choice I think it looks amazing.
I can imagine being jealous - but there's always that one spec you wish you ordered your car as.

Looking forward to seeing it!
Old 08-01-2022, 06:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Polestar 2
I found another dealer that honored MSRP so my build will be from them BUT....

....I have a new dilemma as an Audi store I have a connection with (from my days at an OEM) is giving me MSRP on the first allocation of a MY23 RS3, a car arguably I'm more excited for given the 5-cylinder powertrain, exhaust note, and most likely a greater rarity/resale value. I decided to lock in an order + make it an Audi Exclusive color and it's still going to be a tad less than my C43.

Decisions...decisions....
Old 08-01-2022, 06:10 PM

C43
Very helpful -- thanks. So if I'm shooting for MSRP, should I try negotiating now and finding another dealer willing to do MSRP, or should I wait until the car arrives?
Old 08-01-2022, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by andyberger87
I found another dealer that honored MSRP so my build will be from them BUT....

....I have a new dilemma as an Audi store I have a connection with (from my days at an OEM) is giving me MSRP on the first allocation of a MY23 RS3, a car arguably I'm more excited for given the 5-cylinder powertrain, exhaust note, and most likely a greater rarity/resale value. I decided to lock in an order + make it an Audi Exclusive color and it's still going to be a tad less than my C43.

Decisions...decisions....
that's like last of an era vs first of an era. very hard. Ultimately - I'm going c43 because of the technology.

exclusive paint makes it even that sweeter. edit: I am such a sucker for behind the front wheel vent... Like the RCF, GR86 and current RS3

Originally Posted by bugyboy78
Very helpful -- thanks. So if I'm shooting for MSRP, should I try negotiating now and finding another dealer willing to do MSRP, or should I wait until the car arrives?
Talk to the current dealer first, in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:56 AM

BMW 430i
As far as I know, the MSRP hasn't come out yet. How did you negotiate with the dealer? SA might say it will depend on company policy and marketing. It's unclear if he promised anything.

BTW, I saw option <251> Delimitation of top speed to 155mph.

why the previous version w205 c43 top speed is 180mph? Was it typo?

Old 08-02-2022, 08:52 AM

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts
2020 AMG A35
Hey all, decided I'd stop lurking and I'd join the conversation.
I've placed an order with the dealership from whom I bought my A35 2 years ago. They're going to let me do MSRP + 900 mandatory add ons (I'm ok with that since one was window tint which I'd get anyway) and a refundable $1k deposit. Last update I got a week and a half ago was 10/11-10/20. My build is:

Obsidian Black Metallic
20" AMG Split 10-Spoke Wheel (RZX)
Black MB-Tex/Microfiber with Red Stitching
AMG Carbon Fiber
AMG Night Package
Red Seat Belts
Wheel Locking Bolts

I have yet to see anyone mention a black color and I haven't found a single picture so I must be in the ultra minority. While the contrast with the lighter colors is really tempting I just look at my Cosmos Black A35 and can't shake how much I love a metallic black - all this after deciding a long time ago to never get another black car! With the handful of black C300 pictures and even a couple YouTube videos I found I feel good about my choice.

Anyways, I had a couple thoughts:
Is it possible the exhaust will sound better/louder in the US? I see that nobody's (not even magazines/blogs) mentioned the exhaust sound restrictions in Europe and I wonder if perhaps it's just muted there. I'm actually ok with the sound from all the videos I've watched - probably not as great as my A35 but close enough. It's louder and more engaging than my S4 was and less fake than my S3.
I love the rawness of my A35 (moved to that from a B9 S4 because it was too boring) but now that I've got two kids under two, my A35 is nowhere close to big enough - my rear-facing son makes the passenger seat basically uninhabitable. I've always wanted an RS3 (had an S3 before the S4) and as much as I'd want that, I'm not confident I can get one at MSRP and while the back seat has more room than my A35, I don't know if it's bigger enough. So the C43 is it.
I'm also passing on the alcantara steering wheel because I just don't feel like dealing with keeping it clean. I love the squared-off shape at 3 and 9 on my current steering wheel and when I saw RBR's video yesterday of the estate, I noticed it doesn't seem to be squared off the same way - boo.
I deliberately kept my build simple mostly because I'm trying to be disciplined to my budget... and my wife would kill me if I got too close to $70k lol.

Edit: fixed formatting

Last edited by wetwillycf; 08-02-2022 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14 AM

BMW 430i
@wetwillycf I also choose black color not obsidian black metal. It is because I can’t distinguish the difference from the photo lol.
And it is also free option for saving.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:20 AM

2018 E63s
Originally Posted by wetwillycf
I've placed an order with the dealership from whom I bought my A35 2 years ago. They're going to let me do MSRP + 900 mandatory add ons (I'm ok with that since one was window tint which I'd get anyway) and a refundable $1k deposit. Last update I got a week and a half ago was 10/11-10/20. My build is:

Obsidian Black Metallic
AMG Carbon Fiber
AMG Night Package
Red Seat Belts
Wheel Locking Bolts

I have yet to see anyone mention a black color and I haven't found a single picture so I must be in the ultra minority. While the contrast with the lighter colors is really tempting I just look at my Cosmos Black A35 and can't shake how much I love a metallic black - all this after deciding a long time ago to never get another black car! With the handful of black C300 pictures and even a couple YouTube videos I found I feel good about my choice.

Is it possible the exhaust will sound better/louder in the US? I see that nobody's (not even magazines/blogs) mentioned the exhaust sound restrictions in Europe and I wonder if perhaps it's just muted there. I'm actually ok with the sound from all the videos I've watched - probably not as great as my A35 but close enough. It's louder and more engaging than my S4 was and less fake than my S3.
I love the rawness of my A35 (moved to that from a B9 S4 because it was too boring) but now that I've got two kids under two, my A35 is nowhere close to big enough - my rear-facing son makes the passenger seat basically uninhabitable. I've always wanted an RS3 (had an S3 before the S4) and as much as I'd want that, I'm not confident I can get one at MSRP and while the back seat has more room than my A35, I don't know if it's bigger enough. So the C43 is it.
I'm also passing on the alcantara steering wheel because I just don't feel like dealing with keeping it clean. I love the squared-off shape at 3 and 9 on my current steering wheel and when I saw RBR's video yesterday of the estate, I noticed it doesn't seem to be squared off the same way - boo.
I deliberately kept my build simple mostly because I'm trying to be disciplined to my budget... and my wife would kill me if I got too close to $70k lol.

Great build, and great choice on black. I think black is simply amazing on all AMG’s. It takes the aggressive look to an almost sinister level; can’t wait to see your car. Personally, I cannot keep up with the maintenance of a black car, but I tip my hat to you if you can.

Nice work reaching an agreement with your dealer regarding paying sticker as well.

I’m not certain about US spec cars with regards to EU restrictions, but I am also OK with the sound, knowing that we will collectively come up with an aftermarket solution.

I’m with you on passing on the alcantara. Feels incredibly nice, but just one more thing to stay on top of. You will already have to contend with the gloss black center console that comes with your carbon fiber dash.

Last edited by Zee$; 08-02-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by wetwillycf

Obsidian Black Metallic
AMG Carbon Fiber
AMG Night Package
Red Seat Belts
Wheel Locking Bolts

I noticed the steering does have more definition when wrapped in leather. I originally just went with the standard wheel from a practicality stand point but really like the way the less shiny dynamica contrasts with the gloss black haptic area on the wheel. That and having the dynamica seats just makes sense. I've never had a dynamica wheel and already plan to keep wet wipes in the car for the sole reason of using prior to driving. We will see..

My current car is black - I am ready for a change. Black is killer! MB NEVER looks anything but stellar in black (when clean at least lol)

I think we are the only ones going grey accent wheels..

Originally Posted by momo123
@wetwillycf I also choose black color not obsidian black metal. It is because I can’t distinguish the difference from the photo lol.
And it is also free option for saving.
I would highly recommend going metallic for black - it will make it that much easier to maintain and will hide blemishes/stone chips better. My current car is the standard black and it's a nightmare.

Last edited by alexasa; 08-02-2022 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:25 AM

C43
Originally Posted by Kinematic

Thanks, guys. I've called around dealers in my state and they're not doing MSRP (they're all doing 5k over, which is the price I got), so I'm not sure if I should go to mine and demand MSRP right now. It's probably better for me to wait until either the other dealers in my state move with their asking price or until the car arrives, right?

Last edited by bugyboy78; 08-03-2022 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by bugyboy78
Thanks, guys. I've called around dealers in my state and they're not doing MSRP (they're all doing 5k over, which is the price I got), so I'm not sure if I should go to mine and demand MSRP right now. It's probably better for me to wait until either the other dealers in my state move with their asking price or until the car arrives, right?
Just wait it out, many dealers will hold on to their mark ups as long as they can. Recession is here, repo rates are up and you might have better luck towards the end of the year when we will see our cars.

Again, this is just my opinion - you should take with grain of salt and do what you believe is best.

If my dealer was asking 5k markup I would expect a similar inflated value for my trade in (lease turn in that I have equity in) - if they still couldn't meet me at the difference between the mark up of the car and the value of my trade in I'd be looking at getting maintenance thrown in, etc. I'm not sure of your specific situation but there are ways to mitigate a markup during the negotiation process. Just have to be willing to walk away from the car - which is probably going to be hard if your preordering during pre release and waiting for months and participating on the forums lol

at the end of the year you should be able to negotiate MSRP (pricing is likely to be officially announced when cars are on boats to arrive in the US - if SL release is anything to go off of).

Last edited by alexasa; 08-03-2022 at 08:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide