C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 01:37 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLA250
Originally Posted by alexasa
I think mountain grey is much better than selenite - so that might be a mistake.

this makes me think graphite is gonna look killer in the new car

source: https://www.caricos.com/cars/m/merce..._and_cabrio/#6

starling is an awesome color, I just don't love it in all lighting conditions. It can look very crayola crayon blue in some lighting. Looks amazing in full sun

^ I personally took these, they are unedited, etc. In FL sun.
Thanks... nice pics.

The graphite looks almost black though.

I like the how the blue looks in your second pic....makes me feel a little better
Old 07-20-2022, 01:42 PM

CLA250

Graphite looks really good here... not as dark as it appeared in your pic. I guess with all colors it depends on the lighting
Old 07-20-2022, 01:52 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2023 AMG C43 Sedan, 2022 GLB 250
Originally Posted by Dragula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mPkh-YDcUM

Graphite looks really good here... not as dark as it appeared in your pic. I guess with all colors it depends on the lighting
Yeah it's not as dark as it looked in the first one (similar color I think). My 2 series was mineral grey metallic, which looks very similar and it really was an amazing color. I am looking for more of that 'sinister' look overall, and this hits the right notes for me.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:59 PM

CLA250
Originally Posted by Kinematic
Yeah it's not as dark as it looked in the first one (similar color I think). My 2 series was mineral grey metallic, which looks very similar and it really was an amazing color. I am looking for more of that 'sinister' look overall, and this hits the right notes for me.
How would you reckon it hides the dirt? My mountain grey CLA hardly ever looks dirty.

Will the graphite show the dirt the way black does?

I'm seriously considering graphite now
Old 07-20-2022, 02:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 E53, 2017 Macan GTS and 2018 Acura NSX
Hi all. I had graphite as well but just switched back to selenite. I am thinking graphite may be too to dark and hard to keep clean. I had an E53 in selenite and that was pretty easy to maintain. I have a mid October build but my SA said it could lock at any time.
Still thinking....
Old 07-20-2022, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
you can't go wrong with selenite. I just think Mountain is a better color and if that's your expectation you may have slight regrets.

I still think mojave is going to be super unique and look REALLY sharp with black accents.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:02 PM

How would you reckon it hides the dirt? My mountain grey CLA hardly ever looks dirty.

Will the graphite show the dirt the way black does?

I'm seriously considering graphite now
I did not have any huge problems with dirt, although I feel like the darker it is the easier you see water spots etc. My current cla 35 is iridum silver and it hides spots well (it is ceramic coated), but the small chips in the front bumper stick out even more on a lighter car and drives me insane, even after getting them repaired. The dark grey was 100% still better than my wife's black SUV related to showing dirt.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I did not have any huge problems with dirt, although I feel like the darker it is the easier you see water spots etc. My current cla 35 is iridum silver and it hides spots well (it is ceramic coated), but the small chips in the front bumper stick out even more on a lighter car and drives me insane, even after getting them repaired. The dark grey was 100% still better than my wife's black SUV related to showing dirt.
dang, one of the reasons I speccd cirrus is to hide stone chips because my black car shows them so bad.

Old 07-20-2022, 03:08 PM

dang, one of the reasons I speccd cirrus is to hide stone chips because my black car shows them so bad.
I would think lighter would be better honestly - but every single chip I have in this CLA 35 on the front (iridum silver) you can see the black under the paint from across a parking lot. With at least the graphite BMW I had, those were very difficult to see (still black but tiny enough you'd have to walk up to see). Hoping graphite on this one helps.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I would think lighter would be better honestly - but every single chip I have in this CLA 35 on the front (iridum silver) you can see the black under the paint from across a parking lot. With at least the graphite BMW I had, those were very difficult to see (still black but tiny enough you'd have to walk up to see). Hoping graphite on this one helps.
I guess most of my current stone chips are in my hood (aluminum). Front fenders and hood will show silver-ish.

I guess front bumper would show black.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:15 PM

I guess most of my current stone chips are in my hood (aluminum). Front fenders and hood will show silver-ish.

I guess front bumper would show black.
Good point I should have clarified. I have been lucky as none have been on hood or fenders.
Old 07-20-2022, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

yeah this is a great example, with studio pack and the 20's it look especially good. I just think this looks rich. Seems like a warmer grey

Last edited by alexasa; 07-20-2022 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I'm basically just extending my current lease waiting for this car. When calling Financial Services - the rep wanted me to extend to December 17th - which is right on schedule with my expectations.

First deliveries will be before the end of the year if everything goes perfect. Still concerned with certifying process being held up - this was even an issue pre-pandemic at times with Mercedes - so We'll see. Following the inbound SL55/63 will be a good indicator of potential delays we can experience later this year.

SL55's have been sitting on US soil since April (presumably awaiting EPA certification). Not a great sign - but again everything seems to be ramping up so maybe by the end of the year things will be slightly better.

Last edited by alexasa; 07-21-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by superswiss
As said above, it's normal for the initial builds of a new model year or all new model to sit at the VPC for months. Can be as long as 6 months from past experience. MB can't legally sell them until they are fully homologated and certified by EPA/CARB and that bureaucracy can take months. The process has gotten longer actually due to the diesel scandal. It didn't use to take this long. The production starts way before they can actually legally sell the cars here. If pricing hasn't even been released then that's on top of it all. Cars won't be delivered to customers until pricing is released and the EPA/CARB has signed off on them. All you can do is wait. Dealerships will get notified once the cars are officially released. They have no control or insight when that will happen.
This is posted in SL55/63 forums. It's also what I have come to know/expect. This SL55/63 platform is basically going through what we can expect late this year. Not sure how the priority works, etc. for cars sitting.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,486 Likes on 2,115 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)

This is another example, but in magno (or is it not the same colour sans magno?):
Old 07-21-2022, 12:41 PM

CLA250
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
This is another example, but in magno (or is it not the same colour sans magno?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmv7QXh369A
I think that's Selenite grey magno. Graphite is darker
Old 07-21-2022, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,486 Likes on 2,115 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
I think that's Selenite grey magno. Graphite is darker
Nevermind it does look like it. Sorry about that. I switched the device I was viewing the video and yes it definitely looks like selenite.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Polestar 2
An update on my end. I've locked in a final spec and hope to have my early November production C43 arrive right before the New Year (all fingers crossed cars don't get held up for too long at the port).

Color: Selenite Grey (after debating with Cardinal, I saw a C300 in Cardinal the other day and I just don't think it works as well on this W206 body versus W205 as you said @alexasa
Interior: Black MB-Tex/Microfiber with Red Stitching (red seatbelts ftw!)
Trim: Metal Weave + Metal Weave Center Console
Wheels: 20" AMG Split 10-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents (b/c you have to get the 20's!)
Options: Night Package I, Pinnacle Trim, AMG Real Performance Sound, Digital Light Package, Pano Roof (I like the chrome panamericana grille over the darkened one...screams "I'm an AMG more")
Old 07-23-2022, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
For those of you getting the 20" wheels with black accents, what are you planning on doing for winter driving? I'm trying to find good all-seasons tires, but it's really slim pickings.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Polestar 2
I live in SoCal
Old 07-23-2022, 11:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63s
Originally Posted by andyberger87
An update on my end. I've locked in a final spec and hope to have my early November production C43 arrive right before the New Year (all fingers crossed cars don't get held up for too long at the port).

Color: Selenite Grey (after debating with Cardinal, I saw a C300 in Cardinal the other day and I just don't think it works as well on this W206 body versus W205 as you said @alexasa
Wheels: 20" AMG Split 10-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents (b/c you have to get the 20's!)
Options: Night Package I, Pinnacle Trim, AMG Real Performance Sound, Digital Light Package, Pano Roof (I like the chrome panamericana grille over the darkened one...screams "I'm an AMG more")
Nice build Andy!

Also, great point on the chrome grille. I opted for Night Pckg II, however, I took a long hard look at a Selenite Grey E53 today w/o the night package. The chrome grille contrasted nicely on the grey metallic and gave the front nice definition.

I also asked my SA for a build date today; he claims he doesn’t know yet. Not sure if he’s not looking in the right place or I’m not high enough on his priority list (he just sold an orange AMG GT black series for half a million). Like another forum member said, I don’t want to be a pest but I feel like I’m twisting his arm to get information.

My order was submitted 7/5, so hopefully I’m with the rest of you guys with a Oct/Nov build.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by andyberger87

The chrome pan grille looks great on the blue and grays IMO. Timeline sounds about right!

Originally Posted by bugyboy78
For those of you getting the 20" wheels with black accents, what are you planning on doing for winter driving? I'm trying to find good all-seasons tires, but it's really slim pickings.
went with the normal 20's. really risking it on that choice lol

I'm in climate where I can run HPS tires year round.

Originally Posted by Zee$
Nice build Andy!

Also, great point on the chrome grille. I opted for Night Pckg II, however, I took a long hard look at a Selenite Grey E53 today w/o the night package. The chrome grille contrasted nicely on the grey metallic and gave the front nice definition.

I also asked my SA for a build date today; he claims he doesn’t know yet. Not sure if he’s not looking in the right place or I’m not high enough on his priority list (he just sold an orange AMG GT black series for half a million). Like another forum member said, I don’t want to be a pest but I feel like I’m twisting his arm to get information.

My order was submitted 7/5, so hopefully I’m with the rest of you guys with a Oct/Nov build.
I would push for a build date. If you have a PO you should have a build date by now.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
probably the best video showing the studio pack and the dynamica performance seats. you can also hear a lot of turbo noise in the driving portion. intake and exhaust should wake this thing up easily.

Last edited by alexasa; 07-25-2022 at 07:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
Jlkennedy03 (09-15-2022), Zee$ (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 10:05 PM

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63s
Update: I received a text from my SA today. My car will be built in January, with an expected delivery of Feb/Mar.

I’m not going to rant about my dealerships inability to get my order processed expeditiously. Instead I just want to thank all of the forum members here for their sharing of information, knowledge and advice. Without you guys, my local dealership would likely be telling me the car cannot be built and I’d have no basis to disbelieve them lol.

Anyhow, the wait begins..

Last edited by Zee$; 07-26-2022 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Zee$
Update: I received a text from my SA today. My car will be built in January, with an expected delivery of Feb/Mar.

I’m not going to rant about my dealerships inability to get my order processed expeditiously. Instead I just want to thank all of the forum members here for their sharing of information, knowledge and advice. Without you guys, my local dealership would likely be telling me the car cannot be built and I’d have no basis to disbelieve them lol.

Anyhow, the wait begins..
I'm glad you got more definitive info. This may not be long after the first of us are getting cars. Again - it all revolves around certification and even boats transporting them. Your car should at least not get held at port with that timeframe for any reason.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide