C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by alexasa
they can configure the cars but I don't think they are receiving order numbers in association with those configures yet.
Any idea around when I can expect the order number? Is there any chance that the configuration will be rejected or won't go through?
Old 05-19-2022, 03:10 PM

C43
changed my order again. I think this one is going to stick. The only other way I'd spec the car is w/ metal weave, starling blue and 20 inch black accent wheels.

I think the current car will be a very cohesive package and the starling blue car would be more showy

Does this mean the order is confirmed?
Old 05-19-2022, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
Originally Posted by bugyboy78
Does this mean the order is confirmed?
My name is associated with a car that will eventually be built - I do not have an order number. Basically, dealer can configure inbound allocations. I don't expect to have an order until end of June and that is more or an arbitrary figure with a 3 month lead time for Q4 delivery.

I am the first one on the list at my dealer. I will let you know when my SA gives me an order number - as I need to supply one to extend my lease further.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:38 AM

C43
Thanks. Two more questions on the things I'm currently torn on:

Is substituting out red seat belts a mistake if I get the performance seats? I wanted a classy look with the selenite magno grey and thought the black seat belts would be better, but am having second thoughts. My concern is that taking out the red seat belts would take away from the car's AMG look.
How bad are the 18" RUS wheels compared to the 20" RZY wheels? I live on the east coast, drive in the snow/go up the mountains occasionally, and am trying to avoid the hassle of swapping my tires out. Are the 18" RUS wheels that ugly? The 18" RUS are the only ones that come with all season tires, so it would save me a lot of trouble if I just stuck with those.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

Is substituting out red seat belts a mistake if I get the performance seats? I wanted a classy look with the selenite magno grey and thought the black seat belts would be better, but am having second thoughts. My concern is that taking out the red seat belts would take away from the car's AMG look.
How bad are the 18" RUS wheels compared to the 20" RZY wheels? I live on the east coast, drive in the snow/go up the mountains occasionally, and am trying to avoid the hassle of swapping my tires out. Are the 18" RUS wheels that ugly? The 18" RUS are the only ones that come with all season tires, so it would save me a lot of trouble if I just stuck with those.
IMO. The 20's will probably sell for over 3k for the set in the aftermarket. A 19 inch with all season would be my bet in those conditions. I would not spec the 18's - you'll regret that for sure. I actually think anything but the 20's will result in regret.

Not sure if you've watched some videos but the seats still have that red accent on them, so might as well get red belts. (There's also red stitching.)
Old 05-21-2022, 09:07 AM

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63s

Take a look at my earlier post. When I found out my salesman omitted red seat belts, it was a deal breaker lol. I have them on my c450 and corvette. Obviously subjective, but when given the option to have red seat belts, it’s a must have for several reasons: They contrast beautifully with the black/red stitching interior, they add to the car’s sporty persona and one important thing I’ve noticed over the years is that they encourage you and your passengers to wear them 10 times out of 10. My son looks forward to buckling up; the seatbelts are somewhat ‘exciting’ to wear. It never gets old.

Regarding the 20” wheels, here’s my thoughts. I live in the northeast as well. Years ago I spec’d out my m3 with 18’s, trying to be conscious of the weather and comfort. Worst mistake ever… I forever regret not upgrading to the 19” wheels. When the car arrived, the 18’s looked ordinary and feeble. Sure the ride was more comfy, but every time I saw an m3 with the 19’s I regretted my decision. The bigger wheels and lower profile tires greatly add to the overall experience of a compact sports sedan. And that’s what we are looking for in these cars.
The following users liked this post:
alexasa (05-21-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 04:58 PM

C43
Originally Posted by Zee$
Take a look at my earlier post. When I found out my salesman omitted red seat belts, it was a deal breaker lol. I have them on my c450 and corvette. Obviously subjective, but when given the option to have red seat belts, it’s a must have for several reasons: They contrast beautifully with the black/red stitching interior, they add to the car’s sporty persona and one important thing I’ve noticed over the years is that they encourage you and your passengers to wear them 10 times out of 10. My son looks forward to buckling up; the seatbelts are somewhat ‘exciting’ to wear. It never gets old.

Regarding the 20” wheels, here’s my thoughts. I live in the northeast as well. Years ago I spec’d out my m3 with 18’s, trying to be conscious of the weather and comfort. Worst mistake ever… I forever regret not upgrading to the 19” wheels. When the car arrived, the 18’s looked ordinary and feeble. Sure the ride was more comfy, but every time I saw an m3 with the 19’s I regretted my decision. The bigger wheels and lower profile tires greatly add to the overall experience of a compact sports sedan. And that’s what we are looking for in these cars.
Ok I'm sold on the red seat belts and will go with those.

For the 20" wheels, how hard is it to find all season tires that are 245/35 R20 on 8.0J x 20 ET43.1 (front) and 265/30 R20 on 9.5J x 20 ET61.1 (rear)? I'm thinking of just swapping the summer tires out on day 1 and putting on all season tires, but it seems kinda hard to find all season ones for those wheel dimensions.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
first time seeing real pictures of the studio package. also same color/wheels I've ordered. Interesting.

Zee$ (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 12:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Polestar 2
Hello everyone. Has any one heard about potential pricing yet? I think it'll come in around $59k-ish.

I'm #1 on the list at a store here in SoCal and have spec'd my car pretty bare bones save for a few of the exterior performance features.

I'm still debating color - right now I'm sold on Cardinal Red, but I think I might go High-Tech/Cirrus silver with Night Package II.

Attached Files
Zee$ (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 968 Likes on 567 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by andyberger87
Hello everyone. Has any one heard about potential pricing yet? I think it'll come in around $59k-ish.
Won't hear anything official until towards the end of the year probably.
Old 05-28-2022, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by andyberger87

I'm #1 on the list at a store here in SoCal and have spec'd my car pretty bare bones save for a few of the exterior performance features.

I'm still debating color - right now I'm sold on Cardinal Red, but I think I might go High-Tech/Cirrus silver with Night Package II.
I was sold on cardinal as well but have since changed my mind

not sure if this is gonna work but the compression kills the color when I post directly. this was my old c450. However was not thrilled by this article - color did not seem to suit the car: https://paultan.org/2022/04/18/2022-...k-on-the-road/

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127838920@N07/4bP0s1

Last edited by alexasa; 05-28-2022 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
not full optics shown from what I can tell. rear is missing lower diffuser and bumper flics. Some of the contrast of the dull flat plastic on the front has got to be my least favorite part.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:04 PM

2018 E63s
Thanks for sharing.

The studio package is a nice touch. The rear deck lid spoiler is probably my least fav part, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see it on different color cars. Im thinking overall, probably better with the studio package than without.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Thanks for sharing.

The studio package is a nice touch. The rear deck lid spoiler is probably my least fav part, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see it on different color cars. Im thinking overall, probably better with the studio package than without.
Sometimes these parts are cheap to add after - otherwise times not so much. Very easy to install an aftermarket spoiler too. I think I'll stick with the optics package, although I think I prefer some aspects as standard.

for instance, cla45 amg can add aero after for like 50% the cost and then sometimes you can't even find the parts.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
configurator is up on German site.

mojave might be the move. Really digging it here

Old 05-30-2022, 09:28 PM

2018 E63s
Sometimes these parts are cheap to add after - otherwise times not so much. Very easy to install an aftermarket spoiler too. I think I'll stick with the optics package, although I think I prefer some aspects as standard.

for instance, cla45 amg can add aero after for like 50% the cost and then sometimes you can't even find the parts.
I’ll definitely stick with the optics package as well. It appears a little more ‘natural’ on the cla45, but again I’d rather get it now than regret not having it down the line.

The car definitely looks the part. Now let’s hope it performs ..
Old 05-31-2022, 10:14 PM

2022 Polestar 2
I quite like the High-Tech/Cirrus Silver from the RBR video, but what's really missing are darker rims - of which there are no options.

With that, I'm riding with the 19's and going with Night Package 1 and Optics w/out Night II so I can get a splash of silver on the car to contrast with the rims.

Something like one of these two options....

Old 05-31-2022, 10:15 PM

2022 Polestar 2
...the one thing I think isn't reflecting on the DE configurator is the fact that Night I + Optics do NOT give you the darkened grille, but the silver one.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I don't think you can go wrong. It is a shame there are no cross forged wheels offered. red with aero pack is gonna be a show stopper for sure and you can never go wrong with selenite.

I'm going to let my current order ride. I still might take delivery of a CLA 45 prior to this car. I've heard some negatives on the 48v system and still waiting for driving impressions.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

EuroGermantown (04-13-2023)
Old 06-05-2022, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
So I got curious and started looking at the 45 series cars and their respective dyno charts because I'm trying to understand the benefit of adding the electric F1 tech turbo.

It looks like a simple tune brings peak power in way earlier on the m139 (45 series engine). "There's discernable turbo lag from the no-doubt sizable snail providing all that juice, and when it finally spools and peak torque arrives around 4,750 rpm, you set off like a spooked rabbit." - https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...-drive-engine/

I guess the main benefit would be efficiency - should be able to make more power through the RPMS while the turbo operates in its peak efficiency range for more of the time all while keeping relatively the same reliability.

If anything, I expect the W206 C43 to behave a lot like a stage 1 tune for the M139 out of a 45 series car. Aka, Power being nearly peaked at 3k rpms holding to the 7k redline (makes peak at 6750 apparently) which sort of makes up for small displacement and a large turbo and the turbo lag I have heard mentioned in SOME articles. The engine being longitudinal mounted is a benefit from a heat perspective and potentially even drivetrain loss.

I certainly won't be modifying this first gen technology so I do hope it performs at least as well or better than the outgoing model. The transmission, rear wheel steer and higher redline should alone make it more pleasant. Seems like decatting/downpipes make the M139 sound decent.

When doing 1/4 mile math based on the m139 drag times, etc. It should be faster than a stock W205 C43. I also wonder if they have to tune each gear differently with this new tech - if it works as good as it's proclaimed, power could come on too early/fast in lower gears.

Last edited by alexasa; 06-05-2022 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:26 AM

2018 E63s
With the F1 tech, reduced turbo lag and increased hp, I just don’t understand how they arrived at the relatively slow 0-60mph time of 4.6.

Assuming they are being conservative, why not put your best foot forward and publish a better time to generate more interest from an already skeptical pool of buyers?

I am committed to buying this car not only because my ‘16 c450 has 90k miles on it but because I am AMG obsessed. But I can’t overlook the fact that the competition will presumably be outperforming me. Paying less while they’re at it too.

We shall see.

Old 06-06-2022, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
With the F1 tech, reduced turbo lag and increased hp, I just don’t understand how they arrived at the relatively slow 0-60mph time of 4.6.

Assuming they are being conservative, why not put your best foot forward and publish a better time to generate more interest from an already skeptical pool of buyers?

I am committed to buying this car not only because my ‘16 c450 has 90k miles on it but because I am AMG obsessed. But I can’t overlook the fact that the competition will presumably be outperforming me. Paying less while they’re at it too.

We shall see.
Definitely concerned with the cost. I am also committed and I am forgoing my CLA 45 order because the creature comforts and having the newest thing is too enticing.

Worst I think it will perform to 60 is 4.3. That's adding 3 tenths for the 300 more pounds than the CLA 45 - that's a quarter mile math strat so take with a grain of salt.

I really don't need my daily to be faster than 4.5 to 60 but I hope that it actually makes me feel something doing so. I also think it's almost more appropriate comparing to a 5 series BMW with the size of these cars ever increasing.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,419 Likes on 2,061 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Configured my car today. When I got home I realized he omitted the red seat belts, so I’ll definitely be making a revision.

On another note they had a base model (non amg line) ‘22 C300 sitting on the lot. I have to admit, the car looked a bit underwhelming, particularly when parked next the the new S class, CLS and CLA (not pictured).

Obviously, I’m banking on the C43 to appear much more striking.

Also, does anyone know the difference between standard ambient lighting and enhanced?

Thanks in advance.
If I recalled correctly from what I read, standard ambient lighting is only ambient lighting surrounding the capacitive touch seat control panel on the door, part of the dash below the screen while enhanced ambient lighting has all that plus foot well, vents and the centre console where the middle screen slopes down.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:33 PM

2018 E63s
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
If I recalled correctly from what I read, standard ambient lighting is only ambient lighting surrounding the capacitive touch seat control panel on the door, part of the dash below the screen while enhanced ambient lighting has all that plus foot well, vents and the centre console where the middle screen slopes down.
Thank you, that’s spot on!! I learned this, this past weekend when I stopped by my dealership.

I saw the ‘standard’ ambient lightning on a base c300; not bad but definitely lacking the the strip in the center console and along the bottom of the dash. This is what comes standard on the c43.

We’ll have to shell out an additional $2800 for the ‘enhanced’ ambient lighting, which is packaged in the pinnacle trim.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide