C63 AMG (W206) 2022 - (Upcoming AMG)

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 01:56 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2023 AMG C43 Sedan, 2022 GLB 250
[QUOTE=alexasa;8593577]I have an example of an E53 if you're really curious of what a PO'd option list looks like. I don't have a PO'd build sheet for my C43 yet - either because pricing is still not released or simply because I haven't asked for it. Otherwise that configure print out is what you'd be looking for prior to the PO process. You should have a build date a week or two after PO if not at the same time (this could vary depending on logistics on the back end from MB).

I have ordered many cars personally and professionally and have not seen my specific dealer use a more sophisticated way of communicating. Seems like everything is manual - but your experience may vary.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have the PO number, just found it strange it did not come in a more formal way. Understanding, though, that it's not set up with pricing yet.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Polestar 2
An update on my end: I've found a new dealer who is offering MSRP so I'm moving to a mid-November build date. That being said...
  • I've learned Studio package isn't available for this timeframe in production so it's possible they are having a shortage of components for that package
  • That being said, I'm looking to see if the Carbon option is available as it has the rear spoiler.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
Originally Posted by andyberger87
An update on my end: I've found a new dealer who is offering MSRP so I'm moving to a mid-November build date. That being said...
  • I've learned Studio package isn't available for this timeframe in production so it's possible they are having a shortage of components for that package
  • That being said, I'm looking to see if the Carbon option is available as it has the rear spoiler.
thanks for the info.

this could affect more of us than just that period. I haven't heard any bad news about mine, yet. was your dealer willing to offer it as dealer installed option after the fact?

the only thing that would keep me from accepting the car is probably the performance seats not being delivered. pretty much would be fine with the other things coming up as credits
Old 07-09-2022, 06:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLA250
Many thanks to all who provided info in this thread. I was able to place an order yesterday. I visited a dealer just get info about the ordering process and the sales guy and I were both surprised that they already had 2 allocations available for the C43.

I built out a spec just to place the allocation but it was difficult without being able to see a configurator. My build date is Nov

When I got home I opened the Ordering guide from this thread as well as the configurator from the MB Germany and I think I have decided on a spec so I will have to go back to the dealer on Monday to change my build.

This is what I decided on:

970 Starling Blue Paint
RZY 20" wheels with black accents
651 Stock MB-Tex Seats because of my back issues
Red Seat Belts
H50 Silver Diamond Interior Trim
794 Silver Diamond Center Console
DX2 Pinnacle Trim (Only because I need the burmester sound)
DC2 AMG Performance Studio Package (I hope this is available. If not I will have to take DC1 Night Package instead)
L6J Nappa Steering Wheel
21U Dash Cam
339 AMG Real Performace Sound
D07 Wheel Locking Bolts

Do you guys think the red seatbelts would clash with the blue paint? The sales guy alluded to that.
I like them because I think they add to the sportiness. Also, the MBTex seats have red stitching.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:37 PM

2022 Polestar 2
Hey @Dragula -

Fingers crossed you can stick to that spec! I think it might just depend on the dealer and what they are allocation - I'm not really sure.

I think you're the first on the thread that's getting Starling/Spectral! I keep thinking about it too, but I've just never done blue before.

I don't think it'll clash too (too) much, but you can always go no-cost black seatbelts.

I have until Monday to lock now and I'm down to essentially two spec's -

Cardinal Red
Night Package I
19's
Pinnacle Trim
AMG Real Performance Sound
Pano Roof

Selenite Grey
Night Package I
20's
Pinnacle Trim
Pano Roof
Digital Light Package

Any final advice as I lock this in?
Old 07-09-2022, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Dragula
Many thanks to all who provided info in this thread. I was able to place an order yesterday. I visited a dealer just get info about the ordering process and the sales guy and I were both surprised that they already had 2 allocations available for the C43.

I built out a spec just to place the allocation but it was difficult without being able to see a configurator. My build date is Nov

When I got home I opened the Ordering guide from this thread as well as the configurator from the MB Germany and I think I have decided on a spec so I will have to go back to the dealer on Monday to change my build.

970 Starling Blue Paint
Red Seat Belts
DC2 AMG Performance Studio Package (I hope this is available. If not I will have to take DC1 Night Package instead)
L6J Nappa Steering Wheel
21U Dash Cam
D07 Wheel Locking Bolts

Do you guys think the red seatbelts would clash with the blue paint? The sales guy alluded to that.
I like them because I think they add to the sportiness. Also, the MBTex seats have red stitching.
glad you found it useful and it looks like you really went through the thread!

My SA always alludes to blue and red clashing. I've heard some people call it the superman spec. Starling is beautiful I can tell you that - but after having an order in for a denim blue CLA45 - I just couldn't come back from it.
All in all - I wouldn't worry about it, it's subtle enough and does add to the sporty character.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:41 PM

2022 Polestar 2
Honestly folks, color is the hardest thing to decide on because of one very good reason - we have no gloss or satin black wheel options.

It's infuriating!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by andyberger87:
Jlkennedy03 (09-15-2022), Zee$ (07-10-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Hey @Dragula -

Fingers crossed you can stick to that spec! I think it might just depend on the dealer and what they are allocation - I'm not really sure.

I think you're the first on the thread that's getting Starling/Spectral! I keep thinking about it too, but I've just never done blue before.

I don't think it'll clash too (too) much, but you can always go no-cost black seatbelts.

Cardinal Red
Night Package I
19's
Pinnacle Trim
Pano Roof

Selenite Grey
Night Package I
20's
Pinnacle Trim
Pano Roof
Digital Light Package

cardinal is stunning in full sun.

selenite is an MB staple that will surely look good.

19's have alternating selenite spokes btw:

Old 07-09-2022, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Honestly folks, color is the hardest thing to decide on because of one very good reason - we have no gloss or satin black wheel options.

It's infuriating!!!
Yeah, I am very likely to have them powder coated. My 19's from my 2019 c43 will fit perfectly on the new car so I can swap for downtime or maybe even powdercoat the 19's black.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:56 AM

CLA250
Hey @Dragula -

Cardinal Red
Night Package I
19's
Pinnacle Trim
Pano Roof

Selenite Grey
Night Package I
20's
Pinnacle Trim
Pano Roof
Digital Light Package

I would def get the spec with the 20 wheels. I think it would make a huge difference. I also like the Selenite grey. I would have specced that color too but my current CLA is mountain grey and I wanted something different
Old 07-10-2022, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
best comparison of silver diamond vs metal weave. Most people probably would not even spot the difference. Main thing is gloss vs satin. They achieve the same faux carbon look from any sort of distance

silver diamond below

metal weave below

Last edited by alexasa; 07-10-2022 at 10:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dragula (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 10:40 AM

CLA250
Originally Posted by alexasa
best comparison of silver diamond vs metal weave. Most people probably would not even spot the difference. Main thing is gloss vs satin. They achieve the same faux carbon look from any sort of distance

silver diamond below

metal weave below

Thanks for the pics. Very helpful as these are the 2 options i was considering. They do look very close. The metal weave seems a bit more glossy with a slight yellowish tinge? Where did you find these? Is it some kind of configuration? It looks like a real car though....lol
Old 07-10-2022, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Thanks for the pics. Very helpful as these are the 2 options i was considering. They do look very close. The metal weave seems a bit more glossy with a slight yellowish tinge? Where did you find these? Is it some kind of configuration? It looks like a real car though....lol
https://paultan.org/2022/04/18/2022-...k-on-the-road/

real car. metal weave is likely made with resin which always has a slight brownish hue to it, IMO.

I don't want gloss so I am specced with the silver diamond. The metal weave does look better in person than in these photos. I have not seen silver diamond in person.

you could easily wrap the center console in a brushed aluminum or something if you went with one of the other trim options.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26501764473...8aAoP8EALw_wcB
Old 07-10-2022, 11:53 AM

CLA250
https://paultan.org/2022/04/18/2022-...k-on-the-road/

real car. metal weave is likely made with resin which always has a slight brownish hue to it, IMO.

I don't want gloss so I am specced with the silver diamond. The metal weave does look better in person than in these photos. I have not seen silver diamond in person.

you could easily wrap the center console in a brushed aluminum or something if you went with one of the other trim options.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26501764473...8aAoP8EALw_wcB
Same for me. I don't want the gloss either so I'm going with Silver Diamond
Old 07-11-2022, 06:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 C63S, 2004 Maserati GT Coupe, Alpha Romeo Stelvio
Although I haven't seen one in front of me yet I am loving the pics of the new C43. I'm also loving the crazy increases in the prices of my face lifted 2019 coupe.

Has anyone seen or heard anything more on the C63 in terms of pricing, specs l and launch/delivery date?

I have mine ordered, 37 now on the NA waiting list, but my AMG guy has nothing to tell me and he is as plugged in with AMG as it gets, in Canada at least.

Pete
Old 07-11-2022, 01:26 PM

CLA250

970 Starling Blue Paint
Red Seat Belts
L6J Nappa Steering Wheel
21U Dash Cam
D07 Wheel Locking Bolts

Update.... Just left the dealer and was able to get everything in the build above including the Performance Studio Package so I'm happy.

I also decide to go ahead with the superman spec lol..... red seatbelts with the starling blue.

Now it's just a waiting game and hoping everything is still available when my build starts (hopefully in November)
Old 07-11-2022, 02:36 PM

Congrats Man!

I loved the way you were able to spec it out. Its gonna look fantastic with the 20 inch wheels and I love that colour. For my C63 its between that and their Hyancith red, assuming they are available on the 63.
Dragula (07-12-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Update.... Just left the dealer and was able to get everything in the build above including the Performance Studio Package so I'm happy.

I also decide to go ahead with the superman spec lol..... red seatbelts with the starling blue.

Now it's just a waiting game and hoping everything is still available when my build starts (hopefully in November)
good news! the studio on blue is also going to look great.

I think graphite with studio is also gonna be killer.

Dragula (07-12-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
crude ps of a frame blacked out. would be my move if studio gets pushed from the order. resembles e/c63 of yesteryear

The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
Dragula (07-12-2022), Zee$ (07-11-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 07:52 AM

One question, I haven't read the full string but how is the sound of the C43? I have heard from a Toronto AMG rep, different from my own that it is quite different from the previous 6 but great in its own right.

He indicated that he heard through the grape vine from AMG that the Nurburing test cars were not running wide open sound and that the sound, while different from the V8, would be fantastic. I suspected as much as the sound of an AMG is what makes the car for the non-racing daily/weekend driving crowd like myself. Since Covid I don't drive my car much but when I do its always in sport plus, except for 2 or 3 months in winter.

Pete
Old 07-12-2022, 01:35 PM

CLA250
I was just thinking I never saw an option for red or other color calipers. Guessing that is reserved for the 63? That's lame though. I was hoping the studio would have included that but it doesn't mention it so probably not
Old 07-12-2022, 01:40 PM

CLA250
crude ps of a frame blacked out. would be my move if studio gets pushed from the order. resembles e/c63 of yesteryear

This looks awesome in white with the blackouts. I don't think I could have another white car though....it's so difficult to keep clean
Old 07-13-2022, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Decided to go with a look similar to the model white one that has been floating around rather than magno grey selenite to avoid the 10k PPF/ceramic price tag:

Could you guys let me know if I'm missing any options or if there are options I have that I should delete or replace (other than Pinnacle Trim/Digital Light Package)?
-885 Moonlight White Metallic
-RZY (20" AMG Split 10-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents)
-H73 (AMG Carbon Fiber)
-DF1 (AMG Night Package II)
-DC2 (AMG Performance Studio Package)
-DE4 (AMG Performance Seat Package)
-L6K (AMG Performance Steering Wheel in Nappa/Microfiber)
-413 (Panorama Roof)
Old 07-13-2022, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
This looks awesome in white with the blackouts. I don't think I could have another white car though....it's so difficult to keep clean
totally get that - my color choice is almost entirely practical based.

Originally Posted by bugyboy78
Decided to go with a look similar to the model white one that has been floating around rather than magno grey selenite to avoid the 10k PPF/ceramic price tag:

Could you guys let me know if I'm missing any options or if there are options I have that I should delete or replace (other than Pinnacle Trim/Digital Light Package)?
-885 Moonlight White Metallic
-RZY (20" AMG Split 10-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents)
-H73 (AMG Carbon Fiber)
-DF1 (AMG Night Package II)
-DC2 (AMG Performance Studio Package)
-DE4 (AMG Performance Seat Package)
-L6K (AMG Performance Steering Wheel in Nappa/Microfiber)
-413 (Panorama Roof)
I would not pay the money for the Moonlight White Metallic, personally. On this smaller body it does not really shine. Polar white is a great color and saves you 1750.

If you have personally experience with this color and love it, please forgive me.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
more real pictures of the full matching trim options:

metal weave (the reflective nature shown here is what I saw in person and liked):

silver diamond (arguably looks more like real CF from this distance IMO):

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide