C63, C43 AMG (W206) 2023 -

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2022 | 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Saw this one today at Affalterbach and thought you’d like it.

This looks to be the exact car the Mr.amg did a walk around. Incomplete aero and performance seats and chunky older style steering wheel

another good walk around:

I might remove night package II from my build if I still can

Last edited by alexasa; 11-15-2022 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2022 | 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Zee$
Very welcome.

Here’s the vid. Note that the MB rep, Rob, actually had to cover the light sensor on the windshield with his hand, in order to trick the sensor into thinking it’s was night, resulting in full animation.

https://youtube.com/shorts/l88AN6SsIqM?feature=share
Cool! for some reason I thought the US wasn't getting this. Definitely helps it stand apart. shown here at the time stamp too

Old 11-15-2022 | 10:39 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by alexasa
Cool! for some reason I thought the US wasn't getting this. Definitely helps it stand apart. shown here at the time stamp too

https://youtu.be/VBGBaO1Q1-8?t=77

it only available with digital lights??
Old 11-16-2022 | 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by SADDLEE
it only available with digital lights??
Yes, you must have DX2 or a combination of PBG/DA4 specified on your build. Standard light package will not have this.

black 19's for those interested:

The following users liked this post:
Jlkennedy03 (11-18-2022)
Old 11-17-2022 | 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
View this post on Instagram
Old 11-18-2022 | 06:36 PM

N/A
Hey guys I have a few questions.

How many of you actually have confirmed that your C43 is in production currently?

Also when can I find out the VIN and how can we track the status of the vehicle using VIN?
Old 11-18-2022 | 08:27 PM

Audi
@Zee$ Truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us in-depth review, pics and vids. I loaded my build, so it’s good to see and hear some of these features (perf sound and digital lights) weren’t for nothing.
Old 11-18-2022 | 10:58 PM

2018 E63s
Originally Posted by Jlkennedy03
@Zee$ Truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us in-depth review, pics and vids. I loaded my build, so it’s good to see and hear some of these features (perf sound and digital lights) weren’t for nothing.
My pleasure.

I’m glad I was able to provide some insight for future owners, those on the fence and those just spectating. We all share a passion for AMG and I feel fortunate to be in a position to discuss, contribute and have one on order as well.
The following 4 users liked this post by Zee$:
alexasa (11-19-2022), andyberger87 (11-19-2022), Jlkennedy03 (11-20-2022), SADDLEE (11-19-2022)
Old 11-19-2022 | 12:56 AM

2022 Polestar 2
My car went into production 11/14 so I should have it here by end of year. I didn't have studio but I did have Pinnacle.
The more I see the 19's the more I wonder if I should order another unit.....

I think they look quite good.
Old 11-19-2022 | 03:11 AM

N/A
Originally Posted by andyberger87
My car went into production 11/14 so I should have it here by end of year. I didn't have studio but I did have Pinnacle.
The more I see the 19's the more I wonder if I should order another unit.....

I think they look quite good.
@andyberger87

no worries 20s are sexy too
My build date was 11/15 and i did not have studio package.
Do you know if the status in Netstar has changed as well?

Last edited by SADDLEE; 11-19-2022 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-19-2022 | 03:18 AM

N/A
Originally Posted by Zee$
My pleasure.

I’m glad I was able to provide some insight for future owners, those on the fence and those just spectating. We all share a passion for AMG and I feel fortunate to be in a position to discuss, contribute and have one on order as well.
@Zee$ you are sooo generous and helpful. Really appreciate your time and effort.👍
Old 11-19-2022 | 06:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

How many of you actually have confirmed that your C43 is in production currently?

Also when can I find out the VIN and how can we track the status of the vehicle using VIN?
VIN's come with production of the car. It's really not easy to track MB by VIN - once it gets assigned to a boat then you can track the boat - I don't think SA is having the same issues as Europe.

I have confirmed my production will not start until February - and I think it is directly related to performance seats. That is the single most important option to me so I am more than happy to wait. Not to mention that option may be unavailable for the first couple of MY's.

Cars still may not be released until next year gents - so even if it gets shipped to US soil don't be surprised if it sits at VPC. All of us early adopters should have their cars by the end of March, I'd wager.
The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
SADDLEE (11-19-2022), wetwillycf (11-19-2022)
Old 11-19-2022 | 10:53 PM

2020 AMG A35

I know mine went into production 11/9 but haven't bugged my guy about anything since he confirmed that for me on 11/10. If I check in this week I'll post whatever update I get.
Old 11-21-2022 | 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Okay, I got some really great info today.

From what I could tell - there have been cars that went into production as early as July 2022. There are at least a couple of cars dating from that all the way till now that have been completed for my specific dealer (these are primarily factory orders that a customer could put their name on). In Netstar, the cars do not seem like they will be released to dealers until 2/28/23 - regardless of when they were produced. There are cars currently sitting at VPC.

My car goes into production on 2/3/23 and it is already locked (no changes can be made - which is early for the production date).

Standard seats are mega comfortable. Red interior looks much better in person. I have no regrets at all about the way I have specc'd my car. It also doesn't look like any options are limited availability other than the performance seats. I think all cars should ship as they are speccd, basically.

Car sounds okay - Zee$ video definitely shows a cold start - so keep that in mind. This car had a two fin diffuser.

MSRP is currently $59,900 - not sure if that is official yet.

Last edited by alexasa; 11-21-2022 at 12:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
wetwillycf (11-21-2022), Zee$ (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022 | 12:08 PM

2020 AMG A35
Originally Posted by wetwillycf
I know mine went into production 11/9 but haven't bugged my guy about anything since he confirmed that for me on 11/10. If I check in this week I'll post whatever update I get.
Just stopped by in person to put my car seats in and make sure the bigger space is meaningful and in case it matters to anybody else, there's more space than my tiny A35 than I expected. Rear facing car seat approved!

Also, my car is at some other stage of production but my guy was in a hurry to get to a meeting so he couldn't really elaborate. I did however over the weekend get assigned a VIN.

From what I could tell - there have been cars that went into production as early as July 2022. There are at least a couple of cars dating from that all the way till now that have been completed for my specific dealer (these are primarily factory orders that a customer could put their name on). In Netstar, the cars do not seem like they will be released to dealers until 2/28/23 - regardless of when they were produced. There are cars currently sitting at VPC.

My car goes into production on 2/3/23 and it is already locked (no changes can be made - which is early for the production date).

Standard seats are mega comfortable. Red interior looks much better in person. I have no regrets at all about the way I have specc'd my car. It also doesn't look like any options are limited availability other than the performance seats. I think all cars should ship as they are speccd, basically.

Car sounds okay - Zee$ video definitely shows a cold start - so keep that in mind. This car had a two fin diffuser.

MSRP is currently $59,900 - not sure if that is official yet.
Thank you for sharing! When you say it sounds ok was it less impressive than Zee$'s video made it sound?

I really prefer the four fin diffuser.
Old 11-21-2022 | 12:19 PM

N/A
[QUOTE=alexasa;8672604]Okay, I got some really great info today.
]

@alexasa thank you for your review!
So basically all c43 will be sitting at VPC and not being released to dealers until feb, 2023

the model you saw has performance sound option as well??
do you have any videos for the engine sound?
Old 11-21-2022 | 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by wetwillycf
Just stopped by in person to put my car seats in and make sure the bigger space is meaningful and in case it matters to anybody else, there's more space than my tiny A35 than I expected. Rear facing car seat approved!

Also, my car is at some other stage of production but my guy was in a hurry to get to a meeting so he couldn't really elaborate. I did however over the weekend get assigned a VIN.

Thank you for sharing! When you say it sounds ok was it less impressive than Zee$'s video made it sound?

I really prefer the four fin diffuser.
Yes, the car I heard start up was just driven and therefor did not have a cold start enabled. He did do the emotion start for me but as soon as that was over it quickly went quiet. You can hear the cold start die off in Zee$ video as well and the idle right at the end is quiet.

[QUOTE=SADDLEE;8672618]
]

@alexasa thank you for your review!
So basically all c43 will be sitting at VPC and not being released to dealers until feb, 2023

the model you saw has performance sound option as well??
do you have any videos for the engine sound?
It did not have the performance sound - I have not heard that actually does anything to the exterior sound profile but information is conflicting and limited in that regard. The AMG trainer said that it had plenty of pops that are audible without the performance sound. I tried to get the rep to do the launch control stationary - I would have recorded a video of that if I got him to do it.

Both my experience and Zee$ seem like the reps know to shut the engine off prior to the cold start dying off lol.

If you guys have more questions I will try to answer.
Old 11-21-2022 | 12:44 PM

N/A
@alexasa thanks you
one more thing. You said that c43 has the red seats which means it should be the leather not mb tex. How did you feel about the leather seats compared to mb tex ?

and why do some car have diffuser with two fins or four fins ? Is it random?? Four fins diffuser looks better..

Last edited by SADDLEE; 11-21-2022 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2022 | 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
@alexasa thanks you
one more thing. You said that c43 has the red seats which means it should be the leather not mb tex. How did you feel about the leather seats compared to mb tex ?

and why do some car have two fins diffusers or four fins ? Is it random??
MB tex is a great fake leather IMO - so I may not be the person to ask. I really like both options. The red leather was not as bright as shown in pictures and very comfortable.

I am hoping the 2 fin diffuser is just a pre-production problem. But it could be a studio vs non studio. All customer cars that I have been posting from Asia are a standard spec equipped with studio pack. I have not seen a non studio customer car delivered with a two fin diffuser IIRC.

Last edited by alexasa; 11-21-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-21-2022 | 02:35 PM

CLA250
So I spent about 40mins on the phone with my SA.

On the system it shows my car is built but he doesn't see a VIN which he thinks is weird. He's not 100% sure it actually is built.

The MSRP on my car is showing as $59,900 but he says that isn't 100% certain until the MB officially releases the car. He estimates it will be 1Q 2023 because we are almost in Dec and dealers don't have clear info yet.
My total build price is showing as $67,810 which includes $1,150 Destination Charge.

Now for the bad news

My car did not get built with the DC2 Performance Studio Package. Instead they added the DC1 Night Package (If they didn't include the DC1 I don't think I could have taken the car with that huge chrome strip on the rear diffuser). My SA thought that was strange because there was no note on the system that showed DC2 was unavailable.

Other bad news: I chose the RZY 20" AMG Split 10 Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents which are the 20 wheels we see in all the videos. I really like that wheel. Now on my build, RZY is coded as 20" AMG Y 5-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents which my SA says is similar to wheels that come on the GLC. He says none of allocation builds in their system have the old wheel. They all have this new Y spoke wheel. He sent me a pic of the configurator for the wheels and the old wheel is no longer an option.

I'm more disappointed about the wheel than the performance studio package. At least with the performance studio omission, I'm saving $1,500 but with the wheel, I'm paying the same amount for a wheel that doesn't look as good. I can't really picture the car with it either.
Old 11-21-2022 | 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Dragula

On the system it shows my car is built but he doesn't see a VIN which he thinks is weird. He's not 100% sure it actually is built.

The MSRP on my car is showing as $59,900 but he says that isn't 100% certain until the MB officially releases the car. He estimates it will be 1Q 2023 because we are almost in Dec and dealers don't have clear info yet.
My total build price is showing as $67,810 which includes $1,150 Destination Charge.

Now for the bad news

My car did not get built with the DC2 Performance Studio Package. Instead they added the DC1 Night Package (If they didn't include the DC1 I don't think I could have taken the car with that huge chrome strip on the rear diffuser). My SA thought that was strange because there was no note on the system that showed DC2 was unavailable.

Other bad news: I chose the RZY 20" AMG Split 10 Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents which are the 20 wheels we see in all the videos. I really like that wheel. Now on my build, RZY is coded as 20" AMG Y 5-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents which my SA says is similar to wheels that come on the GLC. He says none of allocation builds in their system have the old wheel. They all have this new Y spoke wheel. He sent me a pic of the configurator for the wheels and the old wheel is no longer an option.

I'm more disappointed about the wheel than the performance studio package. At least with the performance studio omission, I'm saving $1,500 but with the wheel, I'm paying the same amount for a wheel that doesn't look as good. I can't really picture the car with it either.
German site lists them as AMG 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, my build lists them as AMG Twin 5-spoke wheels - the original guide lists them as AMG Split 10 Spoke. The GLC wheel is just a Y spoke, not twin.

I'm not super attached to the wheel option either way - 20 inch seems necessary though.

Last edited by alexasa; 11-21-2022 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2022 | 05:36 PM

2018 E63s

Now for the bad news

This is very interesting. You and I are in a similar predicament, where my car (production began 11/18) will not include the studio package either. Also, I am assuming you did not order the performance seats.

I noticed the same wheel description on my final build as well: 20” AMG Y 5-spoke wheels with black accents. Per your SA, these are how they look on the GLC (see attached).

I respect your opinion on the original 20” split 10 spokes. However, I personally prefer the Y 5-spokes, and if these are the wheels that now come with the car, I may commit to keeping my current build as opposed to rebuilding the car in a few months when the studio package is available.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

Now for the bad news

Can you post the picture?
Old 11-21-2022 | 08:00 PM

2020 AMG A35
After you guys mentioned the wheel changes I asked earlier if anything changed on or got removed from my build and my guy said we can confirm after production is complete so perhaps it's some sort of system thing and not a real reflection of any changes to your builds?
Old 11-22-2022 | 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
If someone can post a picture of the configurator depicting visually a different wheel, that would be great - this is my build sheet and the configurators online.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide