Sedan vs Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Sedan vs Coupe

I'm torn. I've had coupes all my life, and if the W205 looks anything like the S Class coupe, it's going to be a piece of art, but I don't mind the C class sedan styling. What would you all do? Get the sedan, or wait it out for the coupe? I'm leaning towards keeping the sedan orfer and picking up a coupe in the third or fourth model year if I like it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 07-27-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 P31 Coupe 13'
You gotta wait a lot for the coupe. I bought my 2013 C63 COUPE since 1 month ago because I couldnt wait any longer.. People here told me get the 6.2L engine. I am like alright.. screw the new coupe that I need to wait for it 3 years or 2 and half. Why? because the coupe as you said will probably be a piece of art, therefore, an expensive price is going to be set for it. As a result, we have to wait almost like 6 months or more just to see the price of the car going down a bit so it becomes more reasonable for us to buy it.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
I'm torn. I've had coupes all my life, and if the W205 looks anything like the S Class coupe, it's going to be a piece of art, but I don't mind the C class sedan styling. What would you all do? Get the sedan, or wait it out for the coupe? I'm leaning towards keeping the sedan orfer and picking up a coupe in the third or fourth model year if I like it.
If it were me, I would choose the sedan. I love the practicality of 4 doors. Plus, sedan doors are usually substantially shorter than coupe doors, making it easier to get out of tight parking spaces.

Furthermore, although ordinary drivers like us probably can't notice it, 4-door cars usually have a bit more structural rigidity than their coupe counterparts. That was the case with the E90 M3, at least.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by zibby43
If it were me, I would choose the sedan. I love the practicality of 4 doors. Plus, sedan doors are usually substantially shorter than coupe doors, making it easier to get out of tight parking spaces.

Furthermore, although ordinary drivers like us probably can't notice it, 4-door cars usually have a bit more structural rigidity than their coupe counterparts. That was the case with the E90 M3, at least.
In my mind, I keep thinking it's time for a change. Thanks Zibby, I think I'll stick with the sedan this time around.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
In my mind, I keep thinking it's time for a change. Thanks Zibby, I think I'll stick with the sedan this time around.
Wise choice! And my pleasure. Think of it as two extra doors and one extra seat for less money!

Now, when it comes time for me to buy a dedicated track car, a car in which extra seating would be superfluous, I would buy a coupe. It would almost have to be a coupe because my track car would have to be a Porsche.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by zibby43
Wise choice! And my pleasure. Think of it as two extra doors and one extra seat for less money!

Now, when it comes time for me to buy a dedicated track car, a car in which extra seating would be superfluous, I would buy a coupe. It would almost have to be a coupe because my track car would have to be a Porsche.
Cayman GTS, specifically.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:42 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI

Coupe !!!!!!!!!! IMO it's the ultimate variant of any model of car

It's always a case of each to their own depending on personal taste and vehicle requirements, just speaking for myself already have numerous other cars at my disposal for more practical usage so in this case the C Class coupe is the only choice, if there were no coupe variant available I'd buy another model or car type, however if the new W205 sedan design reflected what MB has done for the CL class ie. a 4 door coupe/sedan that would also be acceptable
Old 07-28-2014, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Usually prefer sedan but the 205 tail lights are throwing me off. If the coupe has different tailights (maybe similar to wagon? ) i would pick the coupe
Old 07-28-2014, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by natman316
Usually prefer sedan but the 205 tail lights are throwing me off. If the coupe has different tailights (maybe similar to wagon? ) i would pick the coupe
I'm expecting the coupe lights to look just like the S Class Coupe lights, which do look very similar to the Wagon lights.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 M3
I cant see my self buying a sedan until i have kids on the way,and even at that point i just might hold on to a coupe + get a safe 4 door car.

For me i am going to run out of miles on my M3 lease by next year, i really wanted to get a C63 coupe. but it might not be likely after people are saying its not coming tell 2016. I also don't like buying a car when just comes out. Pricing sometime is not really settled in. the sedan looks appealing to me ATM, but i am still not sure.

In terms of looks i have always thought the coupes look better than the sedans. Its sleeker and more sporty.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
For me, the 4 door aspect of the C63 was something I found appealing aesthetically. I've never cared for the look of the coupe. If I had wanted a coupe, I would have bought an M3 instead.

Not only do I think 4 floors looks better on the C63, but it is very practical even if you're single. Throwing stuff in the back and not having to kick the front seats up to access the rear comes in handy.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
For me, the 4 door aspect of the C63 was something I found appealing aesthetically. I've never cared for the look of the coupe. If I had wanted a coupe, I would have bought an M3 instead.

Not only do I think 4 floors looks better on the C63, but it is very practical even if you're single. Throwing stuff in the back and not having to kick the front seats up to access the rear comes in handy.
This is something that I have really come to appreciate. Everything is just easier in the Sedan. Need something? Just open up the rear door. Another major concern I had with my e92 was the larger doors were a hassle to get out of in tight spots.