C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the lack of updates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2015 | 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by amanuuh
Man you're right lol I think US is still April
The first time you fire it up and you hear that cold start symphony you're just going to shake your head and laugh (which is what I did when I fired up my W204 for the first time). I must've put 500 miles on the car during the first day. Just couldn't stop driving.

Originally Posted by InfinityWind
Except for the obvios announce of waiting for the car (which I know too well from past non MB orders) I have no urgency to have the car before lets say August since it's not my only vehicle, but I am concern about:

1. Not knowing the MSRP

2. Which might related to the above, if the car is delivered in Agusut I would expect it to be 2016 and not 2015.

Maybe the reason MB don't release the MSRP is due to the buildup issues and uncertainty when they will actually deliver the cars, which effect the MSRP.

Who knows - MB should learn from Porsche how to build excitement without disappointing their customers. With Porsche I know the MSPR why before the official production date. Since I'm new to MB I can only compare it to other brands I used in the past and both Porsche, Land Rover were amazing. So, in a nutshell, I didn't drive the car, and so far my experience with the brand it total disappointment. I hope the car will make me forget this part.
Those are all 100% valid concerns but perhaps I can offer a modicum of good news.

Disclaimer: I fully realize that dealer experiences vary drastically (especially since U.S. MB dealerships are essentially "franchises") but every time I visit my local dealer, I am amazed by how well Mercedes-Benz treats its customers.

When going in for service, I'm able to drive into a large, climate-controlled garage/"staging area" that is directly adjacent to the service bay. I'm greeted there by a Service Advisor (SA) that can either take care of a quick issue on the spot (e.g., free oil top-off or free key fob battery replacement) or check the vehicle in and provide a MB loaner/show me to the "waiting area" if a longer service is required.

When I was with BMW, I had to schedule service at least a week in advance in order to get a BMW loaner. When I arrived, I had to park the car outside and check in with a receptionist. Even though I showed up on time for my appointment, sometimes I'd have to wait 20-30 minutes just to see my designated SA. The waiting area was also very small. First-world problems galore, I know!

Everyone I worked with at BMW was extremely courteous/professional (not to mention knowledgeable) but the environment just did not feel as exclusive as the one Benz provides. However, all of this could've been due to the fact that this dealership was very popular but short on space/in need of a remodel/expansion.

Back to Benz - Once inside, there is a massive private lounge where customers can relax and watch TV on a massive flat-screen. There are also monitors with a live feed of the service area so you can watch your car being worked on. I could probably eat off the shop floor, that's how clean it is. There's a full-service drink/snack bar (complete with an actual seating area at the bar) too. The showroom itself is also massive and very luxuriously appointed.

In sum, it's just a nice, quiet, and relaxing place to be. Whenever I'm buying a car, my take on the car is always the primary criterion I consider. That said, quality purchase/service experiences are also of paramount importance to me.

The waiting game definitely sucks but once you're a part of the brand, Mercedes really does try to do everything it can to ensure you'll stick around (at least based on my personal experience over the past few years).
Old 03-05-2015 | 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
I have owned both brands and I would have to agree that MB's service it a step above that of BMW.
I am probably just as frustrated as some of you with the delays . Unless they introduce the new c63 as a 2016 model I will be waiting a few months for the actual 2016's to be released.

Don't however get too impatient and end up buying a different brand which you will regret especially when you are driving your M3 and a new c63s (me with a large ) roars by you as you are flooring your lawnmower LOL.
Old 03-05-2015 | 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
Originally Posted by Will617
I have owned both brands and I would have to agree that MB's service it a step above that of BMW.
I am probably just as frustrated as some of you with the delays . Unless they introduce the new c63 as a 2016 model I will be waiting a few months for the actual 2016's to be released.

Don't however get too impatient and end up buying a different brand which you will regret especially when you are driving your M3 and a new c63s (me with a large ) roars by you as you are flooring your lawnmower LOL.
Lol there are no delays in the US cars so mine is still set for April
Old 03-05-2015 | 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Lol there are no delays in the US cars so mine is still set for April
I hope you are right
Old 03-05-2015 | 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hope you are right
I think we're still on track to get our cars at the end of April. Do you have your car ordered already?
Old 03-05-2015 | 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
I think we're still on track to get our cars at the end of April. Do you have your car ordered already?
Nop. Still waiting for the configurator.
Old 03-05-2015 | 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nop. Still waiting for the configurator.
Woah looks like you're in for a long wait lol
Old 03-05-2015 | 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Woah looks like you're in for a long wait lol
Yeah it looks that way. In the mean time I can maybe save a few $$ and get some more options. Since there are still no prices I am thinking
C63s - palladium, night package, black wheels, perf exhaust, ash trim, mutimedia, driver assistance and rear and side sunshades should be around 80.
which is my budget ( excl. tax)
Old 03-05-2015 | 01:57 PM

Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
So I just talked to my sales manager. He said that he's heard that the release date is for April. Although he'll contact MB Canada to see whats up and if anything change. So he'll get back to me soon.
Old 03-05-2015 | 02:03 PM

Just got the call back. He said that his rep in MB Canada stated that the release date still is in April, and that the pricing is supposed to be announced near the launch date. They also stated that whoever at MB Canada is giving out the other information has incorrect info etc. So I honestly believe this since his info is always spot on, and In the past I've been given incorrect info from MB Canada.
Old 03-05-2015 | 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by kuba.95
So I just talked to my sales manager. He said that he's heard that the release date is for April. Although he'll contact MB Canada to see whats up and if anything change. So he'll get back to me soon.
I hope you get some good news

Old 03-06-2015 | 02:58 PM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
I got the final confirmation and a copy of my vehicle information and production sheet. The car is scheduled to be completed on the third week of May, (2015/05/3D) and the car will be at the dealer about 10 days +/- after.

The form also confirm my choice of color and Edition 1 build.

I can tell from that sheet that the car was already in their system since 11/14/2014 with plenty of status updates every few week.
Old 03-06-2015 | 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I got the final confirmation and a copy of my vehicle information and production sheet. The car is scheduled to be completed on the third week of May, (2015/05/3D) and the car will be at the dealer about 10 days +/- after.

The form also confirm my choice of color and Edition 1 build.

I can tell from that sheet that the car was already in their system since 11/14/2014 with plenty of status updates every few week.
thats great news congrats. i wonder what the wait time is once production starts. my car is going into production first week of april so i would hope its here by the third week.
Old 03-10-2015 | 09:44 AM

2015 C63S
I think its safe to assume that prices wont come out until the last week of march if not april.
Old 03-10-2015 | 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by NelsonRealTime
I think its safe to assume that prices wont come out until the last week of march if not april.
MBUSA should take a lesson from Porsche. These guys announce their new cars and pricing at the same time. and.... the configuration on their website is available too. Both the Cayman GT4 and the GT3 RS were announced at the same time as their pricing.
Old 03-10-2015 | 01:21 PM

2015 C63S
MBUSA should take a lesson from Porsche. These guys announce their new cars and pricing at the same time. and.... the configuration on their website is available too. Both the Cayman GT4 and the GT3 RS were announced at the same time as their pricing.
I agree, i dont see the purpose of holding that information, if prices are already set release them. This is the first time i am chasing a cars price since it was announced, is it common of Mercedes to take this strategy on their cars? Show the car and not release the price immediately after?
Old 03-10-2015 | 03:23 PM

2012 Mercedes C350 Coupe
I agree Nelson. Not sure why price is not announced yet. Per my research on the Internet articles:

Base Prices:

C63 S: $72K
C63: $62K
c450: $52K

Can someone confirm?
Old 03-10-2015 | 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
I spoke with my Dealer over the last couple of days and they don't have a clue.
My frustration is mounting and I am starting to wonder if it is really worth it.
I know I am not the only one who feels this way and it's not good for their sales as well as their name.
Old 03-10-2015 | 04:50 PM

I spoke with my Dealer over the last couple of days and they don't have a clue.
My frustration is mounting and I am starting to wonder if it is really worth it.
I know I am not the only one who feels this way and it's not good for their sales as well as their name.
I cant agree more. For a brand like MB and the type of customers they have it's a fundamental mistake. We have other options and brands who will treat us like we need to be treated. BTW, this is MBUSA issue and not MB global where prices have been out for a while.

Shame on MBUSA!
Old 03-10-2015 | 04:59 PM

I cant agree more. For a brand like MB and the type of customers they have it's a fundamental mistake. We have other options and brands who will treat us like we need to be treated. BTW, this is MBUSA issue and not MB global where prices have been out for a while.

Shame on MBUSA!
MB Canada issue also. Added on I'm surprised that no one has called MBUSA yet demanding answers on when pricing will be announced lol.
Old 03-10-2015 | 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by RPM99
I agree Nelson. Not sure why price is not announced yet. Per my research on the Internet articles:

Base Prices:

C63 S: $72K
C63: $62K
c450: $52K

Can someone confirm?
What are your sources?
I think we won't see any C63 until June. My local dealer said he has the first coming in June (production 1st decade) and it will be an edition one.
Old 03-10-2015 | 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abcut973
What are your sources?
I think we won't see any C63 until June. My local dealer said he has the first coming in June (production 1st decade) and it will be an edition one.
I know the edition 1s production starts in June but mine and JPs is showing first decade of April
Old 03-11-2015 | 11:11 AM

I posted a question on the MB USA Facebook page yesterday regarding the price release and my disappointment compare to other brands release strategy... of course it was deleted withing minutes. What floored me is the fact that everywhere else the price has been out for months. How can we raise our voice?
Old 03-11-2015 | 12:56 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
I posted a question on the MB USA Facebook page yesterday regarding the price release and my disappointment compare to other brands release strategy... of course it was deleted withing minutes. What floored me is the fact that everywhere else the price has been out for months. How can we raise our voice?
Reaching out to the press, jalopnik, autoblog, would love some dirt on mb
Old 03-11-2015 | 02:05 PM

2015 C63S
Wow, that is alarming, deleting posts from potential customers. I guess all this will become pointless when the prices are out but expectations levels are too high to keep patience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is anyone else getting frustrated with the lack of updates?