JP's C63 S Build Thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by NelsonRealTime
JP can I order the carbon fiber spoiler and the black side wing (if that's what you call it) separately or is it something I have to order with the car?
My car was suppose to have the CF trunk wing. It came in with the standard wing. I ordered the CF and am awaiting for it to arrive. The wing from the f factory is $700. Retail through a parts department is over $1,300...

By black side wing do you mean the black insert on the rocker panel? That is part of the NSP. I would go get that wrapped to save some money.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
My car was suppose to have the CF trunk wing. It came in with the standard wing. I ordered the CF and am awaiting for it to arrive. The wing from the f factory is $700. Retail through a parts department is over $1,300...

By black side wing do you mean the black insert on the rocker panel? That is part of the NSP. I would go get that wrapped to save some money.
I think I will wrap them both, the spoiler with carbon fiber and the rocker panel insert in black...

Thanks again man
Old 06-10-2015, 11:26 PM

Currently Looking
I think I will wrap them both, the spoiler with carbon fiber and the rocker panel insert in black...

Thanks again man
What about the side mirrors? Wrap, replace with black CF caps, or leave stock?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:48 AM

2015 C63S
I can certainly do that too....although I would have to see if the silver linings around the windows would look good with the mirrors wrapped in black. As for the caps I will probably leave the ones I have, but IDK maybe ill change my mind...

Thank you for the tips!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
I am a fan of all black everything. LOL
Old 06-11-2015, 10:49 AM

2015 C63S
I am a fan of all black everything. LOL
Your car tells us that, except for the paint...hahaha
Old 06-11-2015, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Your car tells us that, except for the paint...hahaha

That is correct! Haha A Black Car is a like a horrible ex-gf you cannot get rid of!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Black is definitely my favorite color but man is it hard to keep clean. There are always water spots and swirls and my arms look like schwarzenegger every time I get done cleaning my c350.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
So this yesterday I drove about 300 miles in the car. I have to say I was insanely impressed at how the car is over the road. It was extremely smooth even in Sport _ on the suspension. I didn't figure out the MPG but I drove in S & S+ most of the time. S+ really changes the dynamic of the vehicle.

I attended 2 different car shows. The first was a small cars & coffee. A lot of people were really impressed with how the car looked. The second show was a much later event at a Maserati dealership. There was close to 200 cars that came out. A close friend of mine, owner of A1 Exotics Magazine, saved me a spot in front of the dealership.

As soon as I pulled in; I had 3 people that walked right up the car. The car had as much hype as a Ferrari. I was taken back a bit. One or two people read my review I posted to Bimmerpost. LOL Some people said the usual comments (Interior & Sounds are sick but the F8x is a better looking car). I wanted to ask "What do you drive?" Anyway, the most interesting comment to me was regarding the color "I am not a fan of Silver but this looks incredible!" was a commented passed by most.

Coming home I was fooling around with a F10 M5. There was a bit of traffic but I was able to keep up with him the whole time. Before we parted ways he rolled down his window and said "That car is sick! I like that s***!!". Then I rolled up to a F83 M4 Convertible and I showed him who was the real winner! LOL Granted, the car is heavier, top down ect ect. From a 3rd Gear Roll I couldn't find him.

Now, here is the real surprise. As I left the first show we did a photo shoot on the highway. I will post pic's later in the week but the two I saw came out INSANE! It was really a "wow" factor.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63s E1 Irridium silver, 2008 C300 rwd, 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 S line premium, 2002 Renault LagunaII
This car is subtle but yet it somehow attracts attention I noticed after 4 weeks' ownership and driving around. Even without the E1 stripes, red mirror decal and back spoiler! Can't wait to have them on. Done 1300km!

Last edited by profi; 06-15-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by profi
This car is subtle but yet it somehow attracts attention I noticed after 4 weeks' ownership and driving around. Even without the E1 stripes, red mirror decal and back spoiler! Can't wait to have them on. Done 1300km!

I agree. Can't wait to get the car over the 1,000 miles.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
gorgeous! i love it in silver. i have an affinity to silver and gray cars anyway so i'm biased.

glad to see someone who knows how to take care of their car!!! looks incredible.

i see you installed clear film on the b-pillars. that's interesting! i usually recommend Opti-Coat Pro on those once corrected/polished like you did since Opti-Coat makes them so much less susceptible to scratches BUT clear film is a great idea. were they completely wrapped, custom, or did the installer use pre-cuts? did you go to Phil for that?? interesting....

you mentioned Suntek film, which reminded me when i also saw the tint pic - they make a really nice faint blue 50% tint called HP50 blue that i used to install on all my silver cars. something to consider if you decide to stray from the black tint. i liked it because it looked very German like the old MB quartz-type glass or whatever, but it was also very functional at eliminating virtually all UV to protect you and the interior but also cut down heat...without hiding out or hiding the interior from outside view. just depends on what you are looking for, i guess.

congrats!

Last edited by builthatch; 06-15-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:42 PM

2015 C63S
I agree. Can't wait to get the car over the 1,000 miles.
Mind explaining why the 1000 miles mark to really test the car? If you haven't done that before....
Old 06-15-2015, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by builthatch
gorgeous! i love it in silver. i have an affinity to silver and gray cars anyway so i'm biased.

glad to see someone who knows how to take care of their car!!! looks incredible.

i see you installed clear film on the b-pillars. that's interesting! i usually recommend Opti-Coat Pro on those once corrected/polished like you did since Opti-Coat makes them so much less susceptible to scratches BUT clear film is a great idea. were they completely wrapped, custom, or did the installer use pre-cuts? did you go to Phil for that?? intersting....

you mentioned Suntek film, which reminded me when i also saw the tint pic - they make a really nice faint blue 50% tint called HP50 blue that i used to install on all my silver cars. something to consider if you decide to stray from the black tint. i liked it because it looked very German like the old MB quartz-type glass or whatever, but it was also very functional at eliminating virtually all UV to protect you and the interior but also cut down heat...without hiding out or hiding the interior from outside view. just depends on what you are looking for, i guess.

congrats!

I know Phil but he did not do the work. I have a local guy that is excellent that I do a lot of work. Thanks for the compliments; I love my car.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Mind explaining why the 1000 miles mark to really test the car? If you haven't done that before....

I guess you didn't read that sticker in the upper left portion of your windshield? Every AMG has the following 1,000 break in period.

For the first 1,000 miles speed shouldn't exceed over 80 MPH & 4,000-4,500 RPM's.

Also, 1,875 miles a rear diff service is due. The car will not tell you; you will have to make a mental note of that.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63s E1 Irridium silver, 2008 C300 rwd, 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 S line premium, 2002 Renault LagunaII
I guess you didn't read that sticker in the upper left portion of your windshield? Every AMG has the following 1,000 break in period.

For the first 1,000 miles speed shouldn't exceed over 80 MPH & 4,000-4,500 RPM's.

Also, 1,875 miles a rear diff service is due. The car will not tell you; you will have to make a mental note of that.
My Canadian car has No stickers whatsoever. I am still not sure about the diff oil change. My dealer said No need. Should I trust them? How can I be sure? Ask MB Canada? Or AMG?
Old 06-15-2015, 03:18 PM

2015 C63S

Yeah I did see the sticker, but what I meant to ask was why the wait for that 1000 mile mark? Does it have something to do with the mechanics having to settle adequately in the car?

Sorry If I sound ignorant but I know almost nothing about cars except for how good the look.....

Old 06-15-2015, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by profi
My Canadian car has No stickers whatsoever. I am still not sure about the diff oil change. My dealer said No need. Should I trust them? How can I be sure? Ask MB Canada? Or AMG?

Take my word for it.

Yeah I did see the sticker, but what I meant to ask was why the wait for that 1000 mile mark? Does it have something to do with the mechanics having to settle adequately in the car?

Sorry If I sound ignorant but I know almost nothing about cars except for how good the look.....

Ha! That's fine. Yes, it just means that the vehicle to be broken in properly. That is why it is important to follow them. Plus, if you treat the car right it will treat you right.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:57 PM

bmw
JP curious why you dont like black paint - too much work to deal with? What are your thoughts on the metallic paint for benz?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
JP curious why you dont like black paint - too much work to deal with? What are your thoughts on the metallic paint for benz?

It is way to much work to deal with; plain and simple. Metallic black will show the metal flake so I like that. Non metallic looks wet when it's clean and detailed properly. A lot of people loved my car and they weren't a fan of silver.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 PM

2015 C63S
Ha! That's fine. Yes, it just means that the vehicle to be broken in properly. That is why it is important to follow them. Plus, if you treat the car right it will treat you right.
I see, thanks for the info!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
No worries at all. Glad to help everyone out.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:28 PM

bmw
It is way to much work to deal with; plain and simple. Metallic black will show the metal flake so I like that. Non metallic looks wet when it's clean and detailed properly. A lot of people loved my car and they weren't a fan of silver.
ah i see i know you are a good detailer and since you work at benz i would figure you would be best to ask about the paint..

would you say the metallic holds up pretty decent against swirls and scratches compared to the black? or are they both still a pain in the ***?

I have a little over a month to decide before my car gets locked in for good
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
ah i see i know you are a good detailer and since you work at benz i would figure you would be best to ask about the paint..

would you say the metallic holds up pretty decent against swirls and scratches compared to the black? or are they both still a pain in the ***?

I have a little over a month to decide before my car gets locked in for good
i know this question was directed at the OP but i want to offer my opinion.

it's a matter of what shows, not if the paint "holds up" - both finishes on otherwise equal vehicles (make, model) nowadays are going to have more or less the same hardness and such, it's just that the black will show SO much more damage in an extremely broad spectrum of different lighting scenarios. silver and related colors are EXCELLENT at hiding damage. corrective detailers tend to over scrutinize silver because it's easy for damage to hide out in lighting that normally shows everything.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:42 AM

bmw
JP how do you feel about Polar White? Do you think it falls kind of flat in colour?

I actually like benz silver as well - but most likely go white or black this time around.

I see a lot of c300 in white around town sometimes it looks very flat to me, but I think with night package on the c63 its gonna pop a lot more

where as black is going to look more luxury and classy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: JP's C63 S Build Thread...