Old 09-20-2015, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C63 S
Sure, it's Mercedes-Benz of Slough in the UK
Old 10-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Originally Posted by houstonT
The car has this characteristic in any mode (except maybe in manual mode). It's dangerous to be honest.......

Peter
Quote from MotorTrend Best Drivers car comparison (published today):

Cammisa, Chris Walton, and I registered a final complaint. We agreed the transmission's engagement when leaving a stop at anything less than wide-open throttle was aggravating. Regardless of driving mode, the first press of the pedal does nothing, as does the next 30 percent of the pedal travel. Then the engine suddenly revs up more than you'd expect, but the car still pulls away "like a 2-horsepower Briggs & Stratton is under the hood," as Cammisa put it.

Can it really be that bad? I so want to get this car, but this is a deal killer for me.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
I have a MY16 C63 and do not have any hesitation -
Old 10-02-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by mgiannetto
Quote from MotorTrend Best Drivers car comparison (published today):

Cammisa, Chris Walton, and I registered a final complaint. We agreed the transmission's engagement when leaving a stop at anything less than wide-open throttle was aggravating. Regardless of driving mode, the first press of the pedal does nothing, as does the next 30 percent of the pedal travel. Then the engine suddenly revs up more than you'd expect, but the car still pulls away "like a 2-horsepower Briggs & Stratton is under the hood," as Cammisa put it.

Can it really be that bad? I so want to get this car, but this is a deal killer for me.
It only happens every once in a while (happened to me this morning of course). The C63 got fourth place though, below only the AMG GT, Cayman GT4 and the Miata!!
Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2016 C63 AMG S
Throttle hesitation DOES happen, and I'm trying to nail down exactly when so I can avoid it. It doesn't happen so much that it has me constantly worried or anything. Will report back if I find out exactly when it happens.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:33 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by datalink7
Throttle hesitation DOES happen, and I'm trying to nail down exactly when so I can avoid it. It doesn't happen so much that it has me constantly worried or anything. Will report back if I find out exactly when it happens.
I've only noticed the issue in a very limited set of circumstances: (i) I am rolling up to a stop sign on a hill, and the car is downshifting as am I'm about to stop (2nd down to 1st in Sport); and (ii) I roll through the stop to catch a break in traffic and press the gas but nothing really happens.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2016 C63 AMG S
Originally Posted by keiphers
I've only noticed the issue in a very limited set of circumstances: (i) I am rolling up to a stop sign on a hill, and the car is downshifting as am I'm about to stop (2nd down to 1st in Sport); and (ii) I roll through the stop to catch a break in traffic and press the gas but nothing really happens.
I've noticed (ii) as well. Maybe it's trying to say you shouldn't do california stops? :P
Old 10-03-2015, 05:33 PM

011 gtr
holy crap! i'm so glad there is a thread on this. I read about this a while ago but didn't notice the problem then... at every stop sign and in stop and go traffic it is THE WORST. In stop and go traffic, i get on the brakes and it disengages the clutch because it thinks i'm coming to a stop!!! when i get on the gas again it lags so much by the time it engages i'm even more on the throttle and it jerks me forward. seriously look like an idiot jerking forward. hopefully its an easy tcu update fix.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
polarwhite AMG C63s W205
I have described the problem to a local MB garage - appointment on 19.10.
Interesting to see what they find/say.
If no solution provided, I will book time with special AMG re-seller in Germany with visiting AMG special gearbox expert.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
polarwhite AMG C63s W205
The garage updated the ECU and TCU, and did some control/fix on exhaust.
Car is better now - throttle hesitation is almost gone. The exhaust sound seems to be a bit louder, maybe just a placebo-effect, I don't know. Downshift in Sport-mode is sharper than earlier.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:39 PM

Received 181 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
Guys, I don't think this is a DCT issue at all. I have exactly the same issue with a 2015 E400 (4Matic) biturbo. It almost feels like my LS430 did when the traction control was triggered by wheel spin. I usually just lift off the throttle completely, then re-apply and off we go. Definitely not turbo lag. I've had turbo's as far back as the 1960's. Now those cars really had lag (pack a lunch, then hang on for dear life). This is control software, to me.

Just the same, I'll be watching here to see if there is any resolution. Fixing this would make all of our cars more pleasant to drive.