Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light on C63s edition 1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2015 | 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
The CEL will reset itself if the original error condition is no longer present after 3 starts.
Old 06-28-2015 | 05:32 PM

2017 AMG GT
Mechanically, the car was one of the most outstanding cars I've ever driven. The car is so dynamically good that no matter what level of performance you are expecting, the car will exceed them and absolutely astonish you. Even if there are some issues you're getting the power train from the AMG gts wrapped in 4 doors for half the dough. I probably jumped ship too early.
Old 06-28-2015 | 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by guynamedsean
Mechanically, the car was one of the most outstanding cars I've ever driven. The car is so dynamically good that no matter what level of performance you are expecting, the car will exceed them and absolutely astonish you. Even if there are some issues you're getting the power train from the AMG gts wrapped in 4 doors for half the dough. I probably jumped ship too early.
So, how much of a $$ hit did you take when you turned back the car?
Old 06-28-2015 | 06:01 PM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by HBerman
So, how much of a $$ hit did you take when you turned back the car?
Practically nothing, 1500 bucks. I also got 9k off the 507. My dealer really really stepped up to keep my long term business. They know I buy 2 cars almost ever year. That did influence my decision to jump ship.
Old 06-28-2015 | 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Practically nothing, 1500 bucks. I also got 9k off the 507. My dealer really really stepped up to keep my long term business. They know I buy 2 cars almost ever year. That did influence my decision to jump ship.
Sorry for asking information which you had already posted on the first page of this thread. What is the dealer going to sell your previous ride as? Was it ever titled?
Old 06-28-2015 | 07:08 PM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by HBerman
Sorry for asking information which you had already posted on the first page of this thread. What is the dealer going to sell your previous ride as? Was it ever titled?
They will cpo it. Sell it as cpo used with much longer warranty than brand new.
Old 06-29-2015 | 04:06 AM

2012 Audi S4
Was the W204 built in Germany or Alabama like the new W205?

North American market sales.
Old 06-29-2015 | 09:03 AM

2017 AMG GT
Originally Posted by Jones2012S4
Was the W204 built in Germany or Alabama like the new W205?

North American market sales.

w204 is built in Germany, but feels retro compared to the w205. I drove to work with a Members Only jacket on today.
Old 06-29-2015 | 09:05 AM

2012 Audi S4
Yes, the new C63(W205) North American market I believe, is built in Alabama at their Tuscaloosa plant, I am not sure about ROW production.

The 2016 order guide shows this.

I am not insinuating that Mercedes USA cannot build a quality product, I know a lot of times the first model year of a redesign has issues, just something to note.

I am new to Mercedes and am not aware of how the first year of production runs went with the W204 either.
Old 06-29-2015 | 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
I drove to work with a Members Only jacket on today.
Old 06-30-2015 | 06:27 AM

Saab TurboX, Panemera 4S
Is it only affecting US assembled vehicles?
Old 09-05-2015 | 05:38 PM

2015 c63s
Originally Posted by sardille
Hey guys. Not a very pleasant experience owning my first Benz and going though a check engine light with a 550 mile car. I picked up family at airport, put the luggage in the trunk, kinda forced the last one cause auto trunk won't close. I make them fit and when I start the car light goes on. I drive for a little and stop. My wife said that when I went to trunk and started moving things the light came off and on again. Went to dealer and they say drive it if it's driving good. Next week if it doesn't come off which I doubt they told me to bring it. Could there be anything in the trunk area that would cause this. I'm pissed as hell. Even if it drives ok it bothers me!! Thoughts? And nope I haven't out gas recently. Been driving car all day with no lights until around 3 30pm. Any input will be appreciated

Carlos
Yeah not very impressed. My check engine light just came on with only 240 miles. Dealer said to bring it in but I love 170 miles from a dealership. What a pain in the *** .
Old 09-05-2015 | 06:10 PM

15 AMG C63S ED1
Originally Posted by Richbar
Yeah not very impressed. My check engine light just came on with only 240 miles. Dealer said to bring it in but I love 170 miles from a dealership. What a pain in the *** .
Same issue for me. My CEL came on twice and twice it was in limp mode. It's been at the dealership for a few days now. This loaner sucks as it has no Nav.
Old 09-05-2015 | 10:13 PM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by sardille
Car sat all night and just started it to go out. Light off. Wtf!!
The engine check light lid on mine too, the dealer told me it was a system update. Nothing to be concerned about, just take it to the dealer and they will take care of it.
Old 09-06-2015 | 08:37 AM

2015 Mercedes-AMG C63S
My C63S was built in Germany,
I have the check engine light problem, it comes on when i rev close to red line,
sometimes the light turn off by itself after restarting engine, sometimes doesn't.
Dealer blame it on the bad fuel quality we have in Taiwan.
The car also showed a message saying i need to add 1 liter of engine oil, i took it back to dealer, and they told me i shouldn't use the shift paddle to downshift more than 1 gear at a time.
Whats the point of buying a C63S when i can't floor it and use the the downshift paddle?
My has about 2400km or 1500miles
Old 09-07-2015 | 12:12 AM

15 AMG C63S ED1
Originally Posted by NelsonRealTime
The engine check light lid on mine too, the dealer told me it was a system update. Nothing to be concerned about, just take it to the dealer and they will take care of it.
This is not good advise. CELs don't just appear as a coincidence. The sensors in place are indicating something wrong and should be addressed. Software updates do not solve the issue. That would only mask the true problem.
Old 09-07-2015 | 06:02 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
I have just put 1000 miles on my C63S. Whilst I have had the wiper blade chattering as others have mentioned - this did go away after a few heavy rainfalls as the blades bedded themselves in... I have also experienced some speaker rattling, and squeaks from the dashboard trim here and there. I also have the rear seat belt indicator come on for bout a minute after starting the car and then it goes away.

However I have never had any issues with the engine light. I do however use the best fuel we can get here in the UK. Shell V Power Nitro. It is a 98 or 99 RON fuel I think. Have been told by many tuners this is the best in the UK. Could engine fuel be part of the engine light issue? If using 91/95 type fuel and pushing the car hard, perhaps this may be a reason? Only those who have this issue could say what they were doing and when they started getting the light. Perhaps use best fuel for a little and see if anything changes.

Also if you're spending this money on a car it would be best to spend the same on premium fuel - performance engines require the best fuel. Having said this people may be using the best fuel and still getting the light... Was just a thought.
Old 09-07-2015 | 07:06 AM

15 AMG C63S ED1
Originally Posted by sabre1978
I have just put 1000 miles on my C63S. Whilst I have had the wiper blade chattering as others have mentioned - this did go away after a few heavy rainfalls as the blades bedded themselves in... I have also experienced some speaker rattling, and squeaks from the dashboard trim here and there. I also have the rear seat belt indicator come on for bout a minute after starting the car and then it goes away.

However I have never had any issues with the engine light. I do however use the best fuel we can get here in the UK. Shell V Power Nitro. It is a 98 or 99 RON fuel I think. Have been told by many tuners this is the best in the UK. Could engine fuel be part of the engine light issue? If using 91/95 type fuel and pushing the car hard, perhaps this may be a reason? Only those who have this issue could say what they were doing and when they started getting the light. Perhaps use best fuel for a little and see if anything changes.

Also if you're spending this money on a car it would be best to spend the same on premium fuel - performance engines require the best fuel. Having said this people may be using the best fuel and still getting the light... Was just a thought.
Already doing this. In fact, have been doing this for two decades. No issues with the new Porsche or the M5 using the same gas.

I do notice that as people hear of my issues, the first thing is that they blame the cause on the owner (me). Are we really conditioned that way? I believe there is a real problem. My brand new car should not go into limp mode with severe shakes and throw misfire codes. There is a real problem to address.
Old 09-07-2015 | 07:26 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by mister2d
Already doing this. In fact, have been doing this for two decades. No issues with the new Porsche or the M5 using the same gas.

I do notice that as people hear of my issues, the first thing is that they blame the cause on the owner (me). Are we really conditioned that way? I believe there is a real problem. My brand new car should not go into limp mode with severe shakes and throw misfire codes. There is a real problem to address.
Not blaming you at all mate... was just trying to see if there is common reason for the light. In our UK manuals it specifies that we have to use 98RON fuel ONLY. Therefore I thought perhaps there may be a fuel issue thats popping the light on.

As highlighted in my previous post, I'm sitting with a number of rattles and squeaks and sensor lights in the rear seats, and wiper blades that used to chatter... oh there is also a ticking noise in the engine bay when idling... not sure if this is an issue, but I'm having my car replaced so am not worrying about this all for this car. If my new car does the same I'll be concerned. So I was trying to highlight the numerous issues people are seeing with this first revision on the 205... so its not a surprise some people are seeing engine light issues.
Old 09-07-2015 | 09:46 AM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by mister2d
This is not good advise. CELs don't just appear as a coincidence. The sensors in place are indicating something wrong and should be addressed. Software updates do not solve the issue. That would only mask the true problem.
Point taken, I should not have addressed the issue as a slight concern.
Old 09-07-2015 | 10:13 AM

2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
About 2 months ago, I noted a similar CEL problem with my car. After checking with the factory, the dealer determined that there was revised engine management software that altered the air / fuel mixture to make it more lean. After applying the new software, my car has been just fine. I suspect this is the issue for many other people now suffering the same problem. This may also explain why some people are experiencing misfires. If the engine runs too rich for too long, there is the possibility of fouling one or more spark plugs.
Old 09-07-2015 | 10:20 AM

Aston Martin, Porsche, Alfa Romeo, Land Rover & Mercedes
Originally Posted by irablumberg
About 2 months ago, I noted a similar CEL problem with my car. After checking with the factory, the dealer determined that there was revised engine management software that altered the air / fuel mixture to make it more lean. After applying the new software, my car has been just fine. I suspect this is the issue for many other people now suffering the same problem. This may also explain why some people are experiencing misfires. If the engine runs too rich for too long, there is the possibility of fouling one or more spark plugs.

This is exactly my experience. My CEL came on and the car ran ok for 2 days but on day 3 it began to misfire. This then cleared but the car was delivered to the dealership still with the CEL on. They did the software update and I'm pleased to say that all is very well once again.
Old 09-07-2015 | 11:42 AM

W203 C230 SPORT
I am curious to know what the quality situation is with final MY, 2013-2014 W204 C63's.

I am a big believer that FL'ed MY's tend to see far better quality control than PFL'ed, especially first MY car's.

This is the reason I am waiting 4 years for the FL'ed C63S Coupe.
Old 09-07-2015 | 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Did you guys feel any difference in power after the update?
Old 09-07-2015 | 12:14 PM

2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Check engine light on C63s edition 1

I thought my car felt a bit stronger after the update. However as there was no objective testing involved, this could easily have been a placebo effect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check engine light on C63s edition 1