Sponsored by:

Remote start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 02:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Diamond W205 C63s Ed1
Remote start

I know most of you guys won't really use this, but I am in Chicago and its great to start you car in the winter before you get in it. Any aftermarket brands available yet? Why is there no factory option?
Old 06-30-2015, 02:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15 AMG C63S ED1
Originally Posted by matt11212
I know most of you guys won't really use this, but I am in Chicago and its great to start you car in the winter before you get in it. Any aftermarket brands available yet? Why is there no factory option?
MBrace will start it.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:10 AM

Diamond W205 C63s Ed1
Originally Posted by mister2d
MBrace will start it.
I don't believe it will. I am currently using mbrace for my s class and there is no option for that. I'm hoping it will be activated in the future.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15 AMG C63S ED1
I don't believe it will. I am currently using mbrace for my s class and there is no option for that. I'm hoping it will be activated in the future.
I was just told a few hours ago that it does when I took delivery. I have yet to test it though.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:41 AM

Diamond W205 C63s Ed1
Originally Posted by mister2d
I was just told a few hours ago that it does when I took delivery. I have yet to test it though.
Okay, please let me know when you give it a try. I hate getting into a freezing car.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Okay, please let me know when you give it a try. I hate getting into a freezing car.
+1 I would like to know as well.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Remote Start will be available on most MY 16 MB Cars the C Class is included in that. It will part of M-Brace in the standard connectivity package.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
JP,

Is that standard connectivity package the one that is free with the car correct? It isn't one of the packages that expires after 3-6 months correct?
Old 07-01-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335d xDrive, C63S on order
Maybe the builds are slightly different from country to country. My C63S arrived at the dealers yesterday here in the UK though I'm not picking it up until 1st Sept (The wait is hard).

This is a MY2016 car as MY2016 changes were for cars which started being built in June which mine it seems was built and shipped from Germany in the space of a month. Wasn't actually expecting it into the UK until middle of next month.

Anyway this comes with Mercedes Me in the UK which is free for 3 years. There's an app on the App Store for it and you can go in with a demo car, there's no where to remotely start the demo car at least.

Would be a really nice feature though. The new Jag XE allows you to start it and heat or cool the car from your phone. I'd have liked that feature but they don't have a V8 yet
Old 07-01-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by JoelSolid
JP,

Is that standard connectivity package the one that is free with the car correct? It isn't one of the packages that expires after 3-6 months correct?
Unless MB is changing its pricing scheme for 2016, the standard connectivity is part of the base mbrace package which is only free for 6 months.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:33 PM

2016 C63 S
I believe this is the change you were asking about. This tells me brace with remote start stays for 5 years right?

Thought?

I Connected Car Services (mbrace® and SiriusXM) (See 4/17/15 announcement for preliminary details)
 Five years of ‘mbrace Connect’ connected car standard services (included in MSRP of every
MY16 - including those retailed prior to the official launch in mid-July
o A marketing campaign will occur over the summer to inform customers and migrate pre-
launch vehicles.
 New Remote Start function as part of ‘mbrace Connect’ on compatible model lines, including C,
CLA, GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS and S/Maybach
 Three customer-pay upgrade options — each with a complimentary trial period—called ‘mbrace
Secure,’ ‘mbrace Concierge,’ and ‘mbrace Entertain’
 The retail activation process for all mbrace services via ESA or iPad Delivery App remains
unchanged and will be essential for the customer to receive service, including ‘mbrace Connect’
 Credit card will not be required to activate the ‘mbrace Connect’ standard services, but remains
a requirement to receive trials for the optional packages
 Detailed information about the new mbrace offerings and pricing will be issued closer to launch
 SiriusXM Traffic & Weather data services will now be included in MSRP of COMAND-equipped
vehicles for five years (previously three years).
The addition of all new vehicles and the many enhancements to our lineup are sure to provide you with
excellent selling opportunities. Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 PM

I believe this is the change you were asking about. This tells me brace with remote start stays for 5 years right?

Thought?

I Connected Car Services (mbrace® and SiriusXM) (See 4/17/15 announcement for preliminary details)
 Five years of ‘mbrace Connect’ connected car standard services (included in MSRP of every
MY16 - including those retailed prior to the official launch in mid-July
o A marketing campaign will occur over the summer to inform customers and migrate pre-
launch vehicles.
 New Remote Start function as part of ‘mbrace Connect’ on compatible model lines, including C,
CLA, GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS and S/Maybach
 Three customer-pay upgrade options — each with a complimentary trial period—called ‘mbrace
Secure,’ ‘mbrace Concierge,’ and ‘mbrace Entertain’
 The retail activation process for all mbrace services via ESA or iPad Delivery App remains
unchanged and will be essential for the customer to receive service, including ‘mbrace Connect’
 Credit card will not be required to activate the ‘mbrace Connect’ standard services, but remains
a requirement to receive trials for the optional packages
 Detailed information about the new mbrace offerings and pricing will be issued closer to launch
 SiriusXM Traffic & Weather data services will now be included in MSRP of COMAND-equipped
vehicles for five years (previously three years).
The addition of all new vehicles and the many enhancements to our lineup are sure to provide you with
excellent selling opportunities. Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm!
Nice, looks like us E1 owners got screwed.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335d xDrive, C63S on order
Ah just found out this isn't legal in the UK so that'll be why it's not an option here to remotely start the car

Can you come and liberate us from our nanny state, USA? We are being oppressed over here
Old 07-02-2015, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by irablumberg
Nice, looks like us E1 owners got screwed.
It might just require an update. So much stuff these days is computer related
Old 07-02-2015, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Will617
It might just require an update. So much stuff these days is computer related
When I said the 2015 owners were screwed, I was thinking about the 5 years of free service offered to 2016 owners versus the 6 months that us 2015 early adopters receive. There is no way I'm paying the ridiculous monthly fees for these services.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by irablumberg
When I said the 2015 owners were screwed, I was thinking about the 5 years of free service offered to 2016 owners versus the 6 months that us 2015 early adopters receive. There is no way I'm paying the ridiculous monthly fees for these services.
It seems unlikely that MB will give MB Brace free for 5 years. There will be a catch. I guess w'll find out in a month or so.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by FastLaneJB
Ah just found out this isn't legal in the UK so that'll be why it's not an option here to remotely start the car

Can you come and liberate us from our nanny state, USA? We are being oppressed over here
But after seeing Mary Poppins, we all know that English nannies are the best ;-)
Old 07-02-2015, 10:38 AM

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by Will617
It seems unlikely that MB will give MB Brace free for 5 years. There will be a catch. I guess w'll find out in a month or so.
They aren't giving the full MBrace for 5 years. They are giving the standard/basic package for 5 years. They are still selling two different MBrace packages. Mercedes will still always make their money.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
I just received this from my Dealer.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...line&safe=1&zw
Old 07-02-2015, 05:58 PM

2016 C63 S
The link is not working for me. Can you copy/ paste the info?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
TO: All Dealership Personnel
FROM: MBUSA Product Management, Advanced Product Planning
DATE: April 17, 2015
RE: Launching this Summer: ‘mbrace Connect’ included for five years on all MY16 modelsSummary:
 Five years of ‘mbrace Connect’ connected car services are included as a ‘standard’ feature in
every MY16 and later MB passenger vehicle.
 Customers who take delivery of a MY16 vehicle prior to the official launch in mid-July will be
retroactively upgraded and informed via a marketing campaign.
 Three customer-pay upgrade options are available—each with a complimentary trial period—called
‘mbrace Secure,’ ‘mbrace Concierge,’ and ‘mbrace Entertain.’
 The retail activation process for all mbrace services via ESA or iPad Delivery App remains unchanged
and is essential for the customer to receive service.
 Credit card is not required to activate the ‘mbrace Connect’ standard services, but is still required to
start trials for the optional packages.
Mercedes-Benz USA is excited to announce a major step forward in our vision to have one of the most
connected vehicle fleets in America, which will drive added value for both our customers and dealers.
Beginning MY16, every new Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicle includes five years of mbrace Connect, a
collection of services that will remain active with the vehicle beyond the new vehicle limited warranty, and in
many cases, the original owner.
mbrace Connect includes many of our most innovative and ground-breaking features, including the mbrace
Mobile Application for iPhone and Android phones, many of the Mercedes-Benz Apps, mbrace web features
use via Mercedes me, connection to Roadside Assistance, and the My Mercedes Electric vehicle homepage
(EV/PHEV vehicles). Remote Start, an all-new mbrace feature launching on several model lines this summer,
will also be included with the mbrace Connect package!
Optional mbrace services are available in three other customer-pay packages, as follows. Pricing will be
announced closer to launch.
mbrace Secure All safety and security features 6-month trial, then $TBA/year
mbrace Concierge All agent assistance features 3-month trial, then $TBA/month
mbrace Entertain Streaming Music Apps & 3G WiFi 3-month trial, then $TBA/month The retail activation process for all mbrace services via Electronic Subscriber Agreement (ESA) in NetStar or
iPad Delivery App remains unchanged. Activation via ESA/iPad at the time of sale is essential for any mbrace
services to begin and to create a customer account link to their new vehicle. The customer’s credit card is
only required to receive trials to the optional packages. It is not a requirement if the customer chooses to
only activate the mbrace Connect package. The customer may opt out of having mbrace services, including
the mbrace Connect package, but the decline must be recorded in the ESA. Bottom Line: ESA needs to be
completed for every vehicle retailed, regardless of whether or not the customer wants services activated.
Verizon Telematics, our service provider for mbrace, will be prepared to establish new customer
accounts with the new packaging and pricing structure on Monday, July 13. You will notice updates
to the ESA and iPad Delivery App at that time. Customers who take delivery of a MY16 vehicle prior
to this date will be contacted directly by letter, email and/or telephone this summer with the good
news that they are entitled to mbrace Connect.
Note: Model Year 2015 and earlier mbrace-capable vehicles (standard equipment since MY13) will continue
to be served by Verizon Telematics with the current service packages and pricing. These vehicles are
ineligible for mbrace Connect.
We look forward to the launch of mbrace Connect in July and hope you agree that it will become a very
compelling and unique selling proposition for our customers. More detailed information, including pricing for
the optional customer-pay packages, will become available closer to the official July 13 launch date.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:32 PM

2016 C63 S
Thank you! Looks like this softens the blow of the MY16 costing $800 dollars more than the MY15. I for one am happy about the remote start!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Sorry! Month end was crazy. However, it will not retro back on any MY 15 vehicles.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Go see MidCity Engineering...they will hook you up..thay have a module for keyless/phone starter
Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Thank you! Looks like this softens the blow of the MY16 costing $800 dollars more than the MY15. I for one am happy about the remote start!
MSRP for MY2016 is now $73250 but Blind spot and rear air-bags are now standard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote start