Sponsored by:

New to MB... Rrrrrr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
New to MB... Rrrrrr

Hello! Thought I would post my first thread and introduce myself. I've never owned a MB, mainly a ford guy with a few Porsches here and there. I'm currently having a 98 supra build wrap up which will have around 1300whp. Most of my cars/builds have been in the 700hp+ range. I love all cars so you won't hear me talking crap very much. So on to my first MB!

I was looking for a new daily driver, had to be somewhat quick because of my past builds, and I was tired of the same old non-luxury sports cars/suv. My brother turned me on to the new C class AMG so the hunt began. I saw the edition 1 and knew I had found the right car. Just so happens that a dealership 2 hours away had it! 2015 C63S AMG Edition 1 in White!

Called them this past Monday and drove up Tuesday and bought it. I will say that I'm very impressed with the car overall. I won't go into detail because there are some good reviews already posted on here. I will go into what happened after we bought it, lol.

On the drive home we were turning onto an on ramp and all of a sudden a warning flashes across saying "Power Steering Malfunction". I kept an eye on it and it hasn't done this again, no change to steering either.

After a quick stop at a gas station another warning popped up saying "Pre Safety ..." See owners manual or something like that. This has popped up every time the car has been started after that. Sorry I can't remember exact wording.

My wife drove the car yesterday for a couple hours. I get in it last night and the battery was dead. Thought she may have left something on but she stated it was doing something weird and had the warning described below pop up. I charge the battery all night and it takes a full charge. This morning I check the alternator with my charger and it states its low. I drive the car about 20 miles to meet my brother and a warning pops up stating to place the car in park and leave the engine running, also has the battery sign above it. So... At this point I'm only 3 miles from the local MB dealership so I decide to drop the car off.

The car has 330 miles on it with about 200 of those interstate driving. I still love the car and I'm hopeful everything gets worked out but I'm a little disappointed that all these issues have came up. I'm assuming that it's mainly from being a first year run and many bugs will need to be fixed. My wife loves the car and wants one for herself but I can't justify buying another one until I know everything is going to get worked out.

Anyways, glad to be a part of the community! I'll update when they let me know what's going on.

Last edited by Duc999; 07-16-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Diamond W205 C63s Ed1
I had the same problem, got the presafe messages and the battery drain issue. What happened was there was an assembly error where some of the wires were pinched and not connected properly in the trunk, took them 3 days to find it but after the fix I have had no problems. Do you notice your door/license plate light flickering? If so then you may have the same exact problem as me. Hope you get it resolved soon.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:46 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have time to notice any lights messing up. I'll call their service department and let them know. I'm hoping to get it back before the weekend!
Old 07-16-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car
Sad to hear issues on these cars. I'm thankful mine has been flawless.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:58 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Rub it in, lol! I'm sure things will get fixed but I've only driven it home from a dealership and back to another dealership in 2 days. When I get it back I may just roadtrip another 700 miles so I can start having some real fun! Congrats on a flawless car!
Old 07-16-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63 Bone Stock; E36 M3 Supercharged 400WHP; X5 parts eater
So... never by the first year of a new model unless you want to feel like a Beta tester.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ity-study.html

Last edited by Gerry_M; 07-16-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by flhxtsy
Sad to hear issues on these cars. I'm thankful mine has been flawless.
Same here....knocking on wood.

OP: Congrats bro on the new car. I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it when the issues are resolved. So far, I think its special and I've had an M3, M4, etc.... When all is well, let's see some pics.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Diamond W205 C63s Ed1
Originally Posted by Duc999
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't have time to notice any lights messing up. I'll call their service department and let them know. I'm hoping to get it back before the weekend!
Anytime man, my lights were just slightly flickering, not noticeable until you see it in the dark. Everything should go well, I'm on my second week and car has been flawless since! This car really has exceeded my expectations.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:12 PM

bmw
I thought BMW had problems with first year productions.. which they do, but the amount I am hearing on this board, is rather alarming, considering this fourm has way less then e90post or f30 fourms, and there are so many people voicing problems the ratio seems high.

Not exactly encouraging when buying a car that easily hits over 100k where I live, I think with all options in its closer to 120 taxed in here.

It also seems the people that are having the most problems are the ones built in the USA, haven't heard much problems elsewhere yet.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Welcome to the club, both MB/AMG and "First Year/World Problems"!

I have an E1 that is going in for 3 issues, nothing as scary as yours but still alarming as well considering how much this car costs...

Hope it all works out quick and well.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 609 Likes on 415 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by mozy
Welcome to the club, both MB/AMG and "First Year/World Problems"!

I have an E1 that is going in for 3 issues, nothing as scary as yours but still alarming as well considering how much this car costs...

Hope it all works out quick and well.
What are the issues besides your inoperative Pano shade?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Originally Posted by HBerman
What are the issues besides your inoperative Pano shade?
The latest one is driver's side door won't stay open, slams shut. And #3 is Satellite doesn't get a signal, account is fine, multiple signal refreshes sent by Sirius.

Here's the summary of my current list:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6494134
Old 07-16-2015, 06:00 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Thanks for all the replies! I know I'll love this car when it gets sorted out. It's just killing me to have it in the shop already. I called the service department and they were very appreciative for the heads up on the wiring problem, THANKS! Not sure if I'll hear back today but I got my fingers crossed.

In the meantime I'll look into posting some pictures. I'm a member on several different forums and they all have there quirks to posting pics.

Thanks again everyone and I look forward to sharing the progress of this car on here!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:01 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld. Hope they get your issues figured out.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:22 AM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Ok.... I get a call from MB this morning that the car is ready! Great, so I ask my wife if she can take me up there before her workout. We load up the kids and head that way. About halfway to the dealership our 19 month old pukes in his car seat. So we pull over and clean it up, the best we can, and rig some padding in his seat so we can continue. I have no idea how to find the place as I used navigation when I dropped the car off and my wife said she knows where it is. Of course we get lost and it takes another 15 minutes to find it. By the time we get there she is running late so she jumps in the MB and said she will be back home in a few hours! Rrrrrrrr! I head home with the kids and proceed to clean the puke out of the car and seat. I'm sure I'll get to drive this Damn car sometime, haha!

The dealership said everything was due to a faulty battery. They are going to email me the report but I'm hoping that has fixed all the issues.

Well, I'll update again when I get to put a few miles on it.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:29 AM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Glad it seems like it was something simple. Hopefully you'll get behind the wheel of it soon!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Ok.... I get a call from MB this morning that the car is ready! Great, so I ask my wife if she can take me up there before her workout. We load up the kids and head that way. About halfway to the dealership our 19 month old pukes in his car seat. So we pull over and clean it up, the best we can, and rig some padding in his seat so we can continue. I have no idea how to find the place as I used navigation when I dropped the car off and my wife said she knows where it is. Of course we get lost and it takes another 15 minutes to find it. By the time we get there she is running late so she jumps in the MB and said she will be back home in a few hours! Rrrrrrrr! I head home with the kids and proceed to clean the puke out of the car and seat. I'm sure I'll get to drive this Damn car sometime, haha!

The dealership said everything was due to a faulty battery. They are going to email me the report but I'm hoping that has fixed all the issues.

Now that is a sad story. When you finally get your car, go find some empty, twisty back roads to drive for an hour or two. After that, you won't remember any of this. You will just have a big idiot grin on your face.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 609 Likes on 415 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Good driving ahead! Some of these reports scare me. Perhaps by the time my build is in production these "glitches" will have all been worked out in the assembly process. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:20 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Well I got an hour behind the wheel! All I can say is holy &$@#!!!! I absolutely love this car now. I did some aggressive driving around some back roads tonight and it exceeded my expectations in everyway, all while keeping it under 5k rpms. I'm still getting the "Pre Safety" message but I'll have that looked at again next Tuesday when the car goes in for all the coatings and clear bra. For those that are worried about all the flaws... The good out weighs the bad by far, IMO! I'm sure MB will make good on all the flaws so in the meantime I'm going to have fun! One of my favorite things about the car are the seats. They keep you pinned in place and are way too comfortable for the way they look. Overall I'm very pleased! I just can't wait to hit the 1,000 mile mark!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:33 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
My wife ready to bring her home.

New to MB... Rrrrrr-image.jpg4_zps0clibgao.jpg
Old 07-18-2015, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S

LOL too funny. I'm sure your wife is still laughing.

Car is stunning
Glad to hear it was just the battery.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:38 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Well back to the dealership. Same problems happening with the battery drain and pre safe warning. Had to charge the battery last night again. I'm going to take it back to the purchase dealership and hope they can figure it out this time. Also getting all the coatings and clear bra put on. I've decided to keep the decals since they've grown on me. Anyways, still bummed...
Old 07-21-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla 3, E30, CayenneS
beautiful car and I hope they find what is draining the battery!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Well back to the dealership. Same problems happening with the battery drain and pre safe warning. Had to charge the battery last night again. I'm going to take it back to the purchase dealership and hope they can figure it out this time. Also getting all the coatings and clear bra put on. I've decided to keep the decals since they've grown on me. Anyways, still bummed...
That sucks
Old 07-22-2015, 10:16 PM

2015 C63 S AMG Edition 1
Finally!!! I hope, lol! Got the call today and my car is ready. The culprit was the alternator not being plugged into the harness... WTH! Of all the things that I thought could be wrong that was definitely not on the list. Oh well, I'll be heading up there in the morning and hopefully driving it for more than a couple days this time. Add it to the list of possible problems for this first year run. Now for some mods!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to MB... Rrrrrr