C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
I had the opportunity to check out the C63S Coupe and Cabriolet at the New York Auto Show this weekend and I have to say it looks even better in person!

I'm still not a fan of the Edition 1 package, and the Selenite Grey in Magno/Matte paint did not look good -- metallic Selenite Grey is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

The Coupe drew very large crowds and it seemed like every person had to touch, rub and smear their greasy hands all over the matte paint. The maintenance on this paint will probably be a real pain, I wouldn't consider it after seeing it in person (and seeing how quickly it got dirty/smudgy from people).

I did get a chance to sit in the Coupe and get a feel for it -- compared to the C63S Sedan I test drove, the Coupe seating position felt lower and more hunkered down to the ground -- it had a really nice cockpit feel. My girlfriend loved the performance seats, very comfy and supportive. The back seats didn't look to have a ton of room (didn't actually go and sit back there), but they seemed to have more room than my old E92 335i.

I am not a convertible guy, but the Cabriolet looked incredible. I still don't like soft tops (hard tops just look much better), but the C63S Cab looked gorgeous with the top down and the ED1 Saddle Brown/Black leather interior.

I took a some pics, it was difficult because so many people were swarming around the Coupe - maybe it's a NYC thing, but people literally couldn't keep their hands off the car!

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-m3uursp.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-xkikqtp.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-qxtms1w.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-m3c4op0.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-00qqovm.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-bxo40jv.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-de0xfmz.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-55anfzm.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-fmwptqk.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-lgq5rke.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-q2dpnxv.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-t3n7x7t.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-umstpjh.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-77ig3nr.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-wosvuj5.jpg
Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)-yclrjek.jpg

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 03-28-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
I had the opportunity to check out the C63S Coupe and Cabriolet at the New York Auto Show this weekend and I have to say it looks even better in person!

I'm still not a fan of the Edition 1 package, and the Selenite Grey in Magno/Matte paint did not look good -- metallic Selenite Grey is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

The Coupe drew very large crowds and it seemed like every person had to touch, rub and smear their greasy hands all over the matte paint. The maintenance on this paint will probably be a real pain, I wouldn't consider it after seeing it in person (and seeing how quickly it got dirty/smudgy from people).

I did get a chance to sit in the Coupe and get a feel for it -- compared to the C63S Sedan I test drove, the Coupe seating position felt lower and more hunkered down to the ground -- it had a really nice cockpit feel. My girlfriend loved the performance seats, very comfy and supportive. The back seats didn't look to have a ton of room (didn't actually go and sit back there), but they seemed to have more room than my old E92 335i.

I am not a convertible guy, but the Cabriolet looked incredible. I still don't like soft tops (hard tops just look much better), but the C63S Cab looked gorgeous with the top down and the ED1 Saddle Brown/Black leather interior.

I took a some pics, it was difficult because so many people were swarming around the Coupe - maybe it's a NYC thing, but people literally couldn't keep their hands off the car!

Thank you for sharing!

I think the magno paint looks better in pictures than in real life - That is why went with Obsidian Black with my coupe.

Did the coupe feel smaller (inside) when in the driver seat?
Old 03-29-2016, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
The vehicle should be available to order late spring/early summer. Deliveries in the US begin next fall.
Any updates to this schedule? I've been away for a while and the new coupe finally is my reason to return.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:30 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Originally Posted by Trim105
Quite angry with my dealer. After so much reassurance about an April delivery, went in today and was told now to expect mid/late June. -_-
Yes not good news over here either as I just received news that my build has been pushed back a month to 21/07/16 with an expected delivery time in mid/late September. No information on why either.

I have to say though I'm not surprised after reading the last few posts on here about timing.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
Yes not good news over here either as I just received news that my build has been pushed back a month to 21/07/16 with an expected delivery time in mid/late September. No information on why either.

I have to say though I'm not surprised after reading the last few posts on here about timing.
Did you get a estimated delivery date on your final order/invoice?

Mines estimated for 10 Aug 2016 - I have yet to be advised of any delays...
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 PM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by Sanch
Did you get a estimated delivery date on your final order/invoice?

Mines estimated for 10 Aug 2016 - I have yet to be advised of any delays...
Yes it was 20th August initially
Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Yes it was 20th August initially
Damn, I hope it won't be the same for my order... The waiting game is hard enough as it is!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:37 PM

BMW X5
Damn, I hope it won't be the same for my order... The waiting game is hard enough as it is!
They did say it had effected all orders, but as we know that can vary depending on the dealer and their allocation I guess.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
They did say it had effected all orders, but as we know that can vary depending on the dealer and their allocation I guess.
Very true, thank you for the heads up. Will keep you posted if the same happens here.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
This is going to sound like a massive nitpick, but I can't stand those pods on either side of the rear license plate that MB's throwing on all the U.S. spec C63 Coupes and AMG GTs. They're an eyesore and ruin the lines flowing around the back end. It's almost as if they were included as an afterthought to ensure regulatory compliance. I hope they're removable.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Uhlenhaut
This is going to sound like a massive nitpick, but I can't stand those pods on either side of the rear license plate that MB's throwing on all the U.S. spec C63 Coupes and AMG GTs. They're an eyesore and ruin the lines flowing around the back end. It's almost as if they were included as an afterthought to ensure regulatory compliance. I hope they're removable.
^^^finally someone said exactly what I have been thinking! Those are hideous and I don't even know why they threw them on. It looks like a Chrysler. Plus those unecessary reflector pieces like bmw...too much gobbly gook...
Old 03-30-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
not sure if it was mentioned before but what is up with them moving the badges down below the lights? these looks like plenty of room above to keep it like the sedan
Old 03-30-2016, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Any updates to this schedule? I've been away for a while and the new coupe finally is my reason to return.
For anyone who goes to the NY Auto Show: TALK TO A REP!

I asked a rep about US orders and explained to him that I had tried putting down a deposit with my local dealer for the Coupe but wasn't able to because they didn't have an ordering guide yet. He took down my information on an iPad and had hand-written release date notes for various MB's including the Coupe - he told me that the C63 Coupe will be available to order in the US "in the next two months".

Then he said he will send information over to my email along with a $500 appreciation bonus off my next purchase or lease of a new MB (excludes the AMG GT). Low and behold, I received an email with a unique incentive code to take $500 off my next purchase.

So I think we're looking at May for US orders. Deliveries will probably start in the late summer or early fall.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
I'll take mine in Brilliant Blue, please.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:14 AM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
^^^finally someone said exactly what I have been thinking! Those are hideous and I don't even know why they threw them on. It looks like a Chrysler. Plus those unecessary reflector pieces like bmw...too much gobbly gook...
Does anyone know what they're actually for seeing the versions in other countries don't seem to have them???
Old 03-31-2016, 04:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
A45 AMG
Guys this is seniorleb from youtube...

I am about to place an order for this car in the next weeks... as for the color I color grey colors please advice which color is better this or the Designo salentine gray/silver magno!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Does anyone know what they're actually for seeing the versions in other countries don't seem to have them???
I'm guessing they're for US pedestrian safety laws. The ones they put on the AMG GT are much worse than the ones on the Coupe -- on the GT, they protrude much farther out!

It would be great if we can delete them ourselves.

Euro rear:

And the Coupe:

Attachment 443760

Attachment 443761

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 03-31-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I'm guessing they're for US pedestrian safety laws. The ones they put on the AMG GT are much worse than the ones on the Coupe -- on the GT, they protrude much farther out!

Euro rear:

And the Coupe:

It is so unnecessary... Definitely kills the look of the car from the back.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:11 PM

BMW X5

Euro rear:

And the Coupe:

Sorry being in Australia I'm not familiar with those laws. What purpose do those pods actually serve though?
Old 03-31-2016, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Sorry being in Australia I'm not familiar with those laws. What purpose do those pods actually serve though?
Protection... in case someone hits you from the back.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:56 PM

BMW X5
Protection... in case someone hits you from the back.
Ah as in a little fender bender. Can't imagine them being much use if you get hit at speed. It's funny there's an actual law to have them fitted, as you would think it would be up to the driver just like fitting a bull bar.

They definitely wreck the look of the back.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Ah as in a little fender bender. Can't imagine them being much use if you get hit at speed. It's funny there's an actual law to have them fitted, as you would think it would be up to the driver just like fitting a bull bar.

They definitely wreck the look of the back.
I find it funny too... why would you have something on the rear of the car and not the front? Isn't it more important to keep the front/engine protected? lol
Old 04-08-2016, 05:28 PM

BMW X5
View this post on Instagram

Old 04-08-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Looks like the first few deliveries are finally coming in, about damn time! and selenite grey is looking fine
Old 04-08-2016, 07:35 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Thank you for sharing!

I think the magno paint looks better in pictures than in real life - That is why went with Obsidian Black with my coupe.

Did the coupe feel smaller (inside) when in the driver seat?
Agree with you on the magno paint.

I tested a C300 coupe, from that, I can say that from the front seats it feels pretty much the same. The rear space however, is another matter entirely. Feel sorry for anyone that has to sit in the back of my C63 coupe unless they're of challenged growth

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)