C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
haha I meant the cost of doing it, but I appreciate the comments on it's effectiveness and longevity as well.

Would someone typically do a clear bra as well as this? Or just one or the other?
I'm doing both on the coupe... I had ceramic pro only on my sedan and it doesn't save your bumper from stone chips...
Old 09-28-2016, 11:58 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Sanch
I'm doing both on the coupe... I had ceramic pro only on my sedan and it doesn't save your bumper from stone chips...
Thanks, Sanch! Enjoy that black beauty.
The following users liked this post:
Sanch (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 05:15 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
haha I meant the cost of doing it, but I appreciate the comments on it's effectiveness and longevity as well.

Would someone typically do a clear bra as well as this? Or just one or the other?
hahahaha sorry dude my bad. he had it done for 5k AED, equivalent to approx. 1360 $.

hmm, what I know is that you're able to do both at the same time, but in this case, the bra goes first and then the coating, and not vice versa.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:18 AM

C63S 2016
hmmm, mine has been doing good so far, except for a " really small" dent on the front lip, which you really cant see if no-one points it out ;p
Old 09-29-2016, 05:18 AM

C63S 2016
what PPF are you going for?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:21 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by SBH-
hahahaha sorry dude my bad. he had it done for 5k AED, equivalent to approx. 1360 $.

hmm, what I know is that you're able to do both at the same time, but in this case, the bra goes first and then the coating, and not vice versa.
Thanks for the response brother!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by SBH-
what PPF are you going for?
Using clear shield
Old 09-30-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C63S Coupe Edition 1
Well finally collected on Wednesday - well and truly worth the wait.
When they pulled the cloth cover off I was pretty gobsmacked - looked much better than I ever imagined - plus the one bit I was slightly worried about being the stripe being to dark and noticeable is perfect - it's noticeable but doesn't jump out too much....
The car just looks so much better in the flesh than on any picture I have seen.

Last edited by Simonhouse; 09-30-2016 at 06:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JonAG72 (01-08-2018)
Old 09-30-2016, 06:15 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Simonhouse
When they pulled the cloth cover off I was pretty gobsmacked - looked much better than I ever imagined - plus the one bit I was slightly worried about being the stripe being to dark and noticeable is perfect - it's noticeable but doesn't jump out too much....

Absolutely stunning Simonhouse. I love matt paint and so nearly specced it on mine. So pleased you finally got your car too. Totally agree that photos don't do these cars justice (although they still look good in them!). That last shot is.. fab.

Last edited by DragonRR; 09-30-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
She's home. Enjoy her Simon

Last edited by Uga Uga; 10-02-2016 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:49 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Congrats Simonhouse. You will have people doing double takes to figure out whether it's edition one with that stripe. Nice and subtle although the matte paint will of course grab most people's attention to start with.

Enjoy it mate as I'm sure you will after a bit wait. I've been having a ball for the last 2 weeks and a bit in mine
Old 09-30-2016, 11:08 AM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com

The stripe color is an excellent little tweak. Enjoy in good health and let me know if you ever get bored of the wheels
Old 10-01-2016, 12:15 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE

Congrats Simonhouse! I know the exact feeling you mean when the covers come off

Yours is stunning, love the matte grey, and those stripes blend really well, enjoy in good health mate!
Old 10-01-2016, 11:43 AM

Cheers for all the nice comments guys...
I have never grinned so much since collecting on Wednesday...
At the moment am struggling to find any real faults with it - a complete joy to drive whether its just doodling along the motorway or giving it a "little" bit here and there (as much as you can while running in!!).
My only criticism at the moment which may improve is the navigation of the Connect system - maybe it will grow on me a bit as it get's more use but it doesn't seem as intuitive as maybe it should be.
Got to say though I have never had so many people stop and look at the car when it's parked or other drivers glance over whilst driving :-)
Old 10-01-2016, 02:16 PM

Cheers for all the nice comments guys...
I have never grinned so much since collecting on Wednesday...
At the moment am struggling to find any real faults with it - a complete joy to drive whether its just doodling along the motorway or giving it a "little" bit here and there (as much as you can while running in!!).
My only criticism at the moment which may improve is the navigation of the Connect system - maybe it will grow on me a bit as it get's more use but it doesn't seem as intuitive as maybe it should be.
Got to say though I have never had so many people stop and look at the car when it's parked or other drivers glance over whilst driving :-)
Glad to hear your impressions are in line with the rest of us!

I agree with you on the comand interface. It does get easier to use over time though, as you get used to how all the menus and sub-menus work, but iDrive and MMI are definitely much more user friendly.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Trim105
Glad to hear your impressions are in line with the rest of us!

I agree with you on the comand interface. It does get easier to use over time though, as you get used to how all the menus and sub-menus work, but iDrive and MMI are definitely much more user friendly.
But if you remember it took BMW about 10 years to refine the I drive to get good reviews as it was universally despised for years.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:17 PM

Just mentioned this on another thread but do you (UK) guys have a problem with where to rest your left foot? The bulkhead as (for me) slanted laterally so I am struggling to leave my foot there for lengthy periods. Silly problem but annoying for me.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by RDOCA
But if you remember it took BMW about 10 years to refine the I drive to get good reviews as it was universally despised for years.
True, but at least they eventually improved it. Not saying comand is bad, on the contrary (once you're used to it that is) but there are a few aspects of it that idrive just does better.

Although I am eager to try out the system in the new E class since it carries the first major overhaul of comand aps (interestingly also took them about 10 years like BMW with idrive)
Old 10-02-2016, 04:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW
Simonhouse that looks absolutely stunning congrats on your new motor.

Has the paint been coated by detailer or what maintenance have you planned, and would you say its got a sheen on it rather some other matte paints I have seen?
Enjoy your new motor and keep us updated
Old 10-03-2016, 02:44 AM

C63S 2016

this is sick !! congratz
Old 10-03-2016, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

Yes!!! Looks great, congrats mate!
Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by AMGC63S
Simonhouse that looks absolutely stunning congrats on your new motor.

Has the paint been coated by detailer or what maintenance have you planned, and would you say its got a sheen on it rather some other matte paints I have seen?
Enjoy your new motor and keep us updated
Nothing has been done by the dealer, I sealed at the weekend with Chemical Guys Matte Sealant and plan to do so every 6 months - in-between I have the Chemical Guys Matte Detailer to use...
It definitely has a sheen to it - very happy with the look of the matte paint - not to "matte" but enough sheen on it as well...

Still grinning though :-)

Quite amazed by the fuel consumption as well - did a 16 mile into work yesterday with mostly motorway and got 32mpg (UK) - I know that will reduce when it's run in though!!
Old 10-04-2016, 08:05 AM

I'm currently averaging about 24 which is pretty remarkable for a car of this power and weight. This is comfort mode and a light foot with 30% motorways. Obviously I expect that to reduce once I have completed the run in period and my foot becomes lead again.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:29 AM

'17 C63s coupe & '18 XC90
Finally!

Picked up my car last Friday. It all went flawlessly with the second dealership I tried to deal with (the first one tried to scam me - see my previous post).

Thanks to everyone in this forum for their advice.

I've only driven the car for a 100 miles (and this is my first MB). But so far, I love the engine's roar and how quickly the car responds in Sport+.

Any suggested mod? I'm mostly interested in looks, not so much in power - at least for now.

Last edited by Benzshill; 11-29-2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Adding pics inline.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:39 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
It's about time the selenite thread got a bump haha. Congrats on your delivery Benzshill, looks amazing! I'm glad things finally worked out for you, despite how things went the first time around. I'm sure you'll enjoy it in all of its glory

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe in Selenite Grey (PICS)