Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I cancel my order?

 
Old 11-18-2015, 04:45 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti QX56
Should I cancel my order?

So a few weeks ago I put down a deposit on a Polar White C63 S but I'm getting increasingly dismayed by the quality problems my fellow forum members are suffering. Should I cancel my order?

I drove the C63 S back-to-back with the M3 and just felt the C had that magical touch that the M lacked. And it's usually the case that people with problems will share more than people with no problems, so I'm struggling to figure out if this is a statistically significant quality issue or if there are hundreds of new C63 S owners out there with no issues to report....If the dash starts creaking, the speakers rattle, and wind noise starts, I'll be kicking myself for not calling BMW back!

What do you think? Am I getting paranoid?
PaulNC is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 05:53 PM
  #2  
Member
 
jimc63s2k16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Near Detroit
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
16 C63S
I think you get four years of warranty and no car is perfect.




Originally Posted by PaulNC View Post
So a few weeks ago I put down a deposit on a Polar White C63 S but I'm getting increasingly dismayed by the quality problems my fellow forum members are suffering. Should I cancel my order?

I drove the C63 S back-to-back with the M3 and just felt the C had that magical touch that the M lacked. And it's usually the case that people with problems will share more than people with no problems, so I'm struggling to figure out if this is a statistically significant quality issue or if there are hundreds of new C63 S owners out there with no issues to report....If the dash starts creaking, the speakers rattle, and wind noise starts, I'll be kicking myself for not calling BMW back!

What do you think? Am I getting paranoid?
jimc63s2k16 is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 06:17 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sanch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,114
Received 240 Likes on 210 Posts
AMG C63s
I have had my car for a few months now and have had no problems. Exactly, you do have warranty anyway. I was also torn between the M3 but the C63s interior and sound did it for me. The BMW lacks in both departments imo. Although it looks quite aggressive.
Sanch is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 08:43 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amg
Just so you know the competition isn't immune to rattles either.

Extensive DIY for fixing rattles in new M3/M4.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1031768
blipit is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:41 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 299
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 AMG C63S
I think many of the issues reported are on MY15's. I also think that this forum draws attention to a handful of cars that have some quirky issues. These issues are not pervasive across all/most of the cars manufactured.
jeremyf0923 is offline  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:41 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63 AMG S
Most of the problems seem to be MY15. I have a MY16 with 3k miles and have had no problems outside of the wiper chatter (and it isn't all the time... today it rained and no chatter).
datalink7 is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 12:04 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
mozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
C63P
You don't see many people posting "MY CAR IS GREAT! ALL WONDERFUL!" even though that is mostly the case. You see the bad because that is what motives people to post and complain.

I've run into a s-h-i-t-load of issues with my MY15 car, but I still love it. In fact it makes me worry less about babying it and lets me just enjoy the drive.
mozy is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 05:09 AM
  #8  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG C63 4.0
I've had my 2015 C63 (UK) since June and covered about 8k miles. The wiper chatter on my car stopped after a few days of use and although on bumpy country roads I get a creak from the dash, it's only occasional and a very minor irritation for me.
I've not driven the M3 but for me the C63 is a great car... Love it!!
Attached Thumbnails Should I cancel my order?-photo666.jpg  
C63 Bi Turbo is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:15 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti QX56
Originally Posted by jeremyf0923 View Post
I think many of the issues reported are on MY15's. I also think that this forum draws attention to a handful of cars that have some quirky issues. These issues are not pervasive across all/most of the cars manufactured.
That's what I suspected. Hopefully MB has figured out what's been causing the MY15 kinks so that the MY16s come out out relatively trouble free.
PaulNC is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:18 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti QX56
Originally Posted by blipit View Post
Just so you know the competition isn't immune to rattles either.

Extensive DIY for fixing rattles in new M3/M4.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1031768
Wow! Thanks for posting. Didn't realize the M3/M4 had so many issues too.
PaulNC is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 11:06 AM
  #11  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by PaulNC View Post
What do you think? Am I getting paranoid?
All cars will have some sort of niggle.
My c63s (still in the running in period) seems fine. Its MY16. I've only heard rattling once, coming from the rear cabin area. On most roads, no rattles. In the UK, so not the greatest of road conditions to say the least. The sound of the V8 will put any rattle into the back of your mind.


So, you call BMW back, get an M3... one thing is guaranteed. Artificially channelled engine sound. Stick with the C63 (did you spec the performance exhaust?) and you'll be guaranteed a great v8 rumble, which is half the fun!
AMGc63s177 is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 02:07 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti QX56
Originally Posted by AMGc63s177 View Post
All cars will have some sort of niggle.
My c63s (still in the running in period) seems fine. Its MY16. I've only heard rattling once, coming from the rear cabin area. On most roads, no rattles. In the UK, so not the greatest of road conditions to say the least. The sound of the V8 will put any rattle into the back of your mind.


So, you call BMW back, get an M3... one thing is guaranteed. Artificially channelled engine sound. Stick with the C63 (did you spec the performance exhaust?) and you'll be guaranteed a great v8 rumble, which is half the fun!
Oh yes, got the performance exhaust. Couldn't agree more re the artificial sound on the M3. I have yet to hear an M3, with or without aftermarket exhaust, that comes anywhere near the AMG rumble of the C63 S! Appreciate the feedback. Good to hear about another positive experience out there...
PaulNC is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 06:05 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 431
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Think cancelling your order is a bit much You'd probably end up regretting it, and most of these issues seemed to be with the first model year so I doubt you'll see major issues (if any) with yours.

I myself am waiting for my C63 S Coupe and frankly, I can't wait!
Trim105 is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 09:08 PM
  #14  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C63 S
I've read about folks hearing the passanger seat belt tapping against the B pillar which can be annoying. I just learned that there's a magnet in the sport seats at approx shoulder level that holds the metallic end of the seat belt. No more tapping. Very cool
Sbpsu354 is offline  
Old 11-19-2015, 09:09 PM
  #15  
Member
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 237
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
911, C63S, E350, S5, GTI
Originally Posted by PaulNC View Post
So a few weeks ago I put down a deposit on a Polar White C63 S but I'm getting increasingly dismayed by the quality problems my fellow forum members are suffering. Should I cancel my order?

I drove the C63 S back-to-back with the M3 and just felt the C had that magical touch that the M lacked. And it's usually the case that people with problems will share more than people with no problems, so I'm struggling to figure out if this is a statistically significant quality issue or if there are hundreds of new C63 S owners out there with no issues to report....If the dash starts creaking, the speakers rattle, and wind noise starts, I'll be kicking myself for not calling BMW back!

What do you think? Am I getting paranoid?
Seriously? If I ended up cancelling every single car order I've made due to people in the forums complaining.... well, I would be riding a bicycle right now.


Forum *****ing is one of those redundant sets of words. i.e. forum = *****ing (but not limited to, of course).
theclutch is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:52 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 322
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Just to add my $0.02, I had more annoying and unfixed problems with my first year M4 than with my first year C63S. So far, my only C63S problems have been a jammed sunroof shade and a check engine light that needed a new software download.


My M4 had persistent wind noise that BMW could not fix and weak air conditioning that failed to keep the car cool during the hot North Carolina summer.


I'd say you are taking just as big a risk with BMW as with MB in the defect department.


And I do like my C63S much more than the M4.
irablumberg is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 10:56 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nebraska, USA
Posts: 307
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C63
Mine has had no problems -zero. In fact, I am impressed with how well built it is. It always seems that a car has a lot of problems when one looks at an online car forum - Problems are talked about - Goodness is silent.
TEAShea is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:49 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 252
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tesla 3, E30, CayenneS
Originally Posted by TEAShea View Post
Mine has had no problems -zero. In fact, I am impressed with how well built it is. It always seems that a car has a lot of problems when one looks at an online car forum - Problems are talked about - Goodness is silent.
You also have a 2016 with alot of members have reported seems to have a lower instance of issues. But honestly I would not be concerned with things like plastic cap pieces falling off and trim pieces rattling I mean in the big picture they don't point to bad issues. Just some factory inconsistencies, but to be honest I would almost trust my self to fix a rattle then some base level tech tearing apart my interior to tighten a panel.
Philipangoo is offline  
Old 11-21-2015, 07:34 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 482
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
2015 C63S here with 4K+ miles. No problems for me and I absolutely love the car. The tires suck -- will need to replace the rears soon But that is a different problem.
Iceman II is offline  
Old 11-21-2015, 07:55 PM
  #20  
Member
 
theclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 237
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
911, C63S, E350, S5, GTI
Originally Posted by Iceman II View Post
2015 C63S here with 4K+ miles. No problems for me and I absolutely love the car. The tires suck -- will need to replace the rears soon But that is a different problem.
Michelin pilot sports suck??
theclutch is offline  
Old 11-21-2015, 08:13 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 482
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Michelin pilot sports suck??
Talking size, not quality. Also talking about the car.
Iceman II is offline  
Old 11-22-2015, 11:14 AM
  #22  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti QX56
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Just to add my $0.02, I had more annoying and unfixed problems with my first year M4 than with my first year C63S. So far, my only C63S problems have been a jammed sunroof shade and a check engine light that needed a new software download.


My M4 had persistent wind noise that BMW could not fix and weak air conditioning that failed to keep the car cool during the hot North Carolina summer.


I'd say you are taking just as big a risk with BMW as with MB in the defect department.


And I do like my C63S much more than the M4.
All good points, Ira. I appreciated your reviews of both cars a while back - great information for me while I was making the decision. I am also in NC, so the stronger AC is a must for our long hot summers! Thanks to everyone for putting the forum complaints into some perspective.
PaulNC is offline  
Old 11-28-2015, 10:46 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Maryland (Carroll County)
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Merc c63s Sedan Cardinal Red, 2016 Nissan GT-R Perl White, 2016 Dodge Ram Power Wagon Steel
No don't cancel! Drive a Nissan GT-R daily and you'll never complain about the c63s noises I promise Before buying the AMG I really did my homework with other cars in this price range. Besides ...it has the 4.0 v8 : ) Interior and Engine its a no brainer IMO.
Intercooled is offline  
Old 11-28-2015, 10:51 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 322
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
I agree. My GT-R may have had lots of interior noises, but I could never tell due to the overwhelming tire noise and exhaust drone. The C63 may not be perfect, but relatively speaking, it is just fine.
irablumberg is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I cancel my order?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: