Introducing the AWE Tuning W205 AMG C63/S Exhaust Suite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
The gate keeper to the realm of rowdiness.

Get equipped with SwitchPath™ or a Track Edition Exhaust for your C63 sedan/coupe through an AWE dealer or direct, right this way.

Hey Josh is the track exhaust ready for the coupe? - can you DM me?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG C63 S
PM'd, S!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
any word on the coupes??
Old 06-29-2017, 12:42 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Whats going on with the delays? I ordered my switchpath exhaust i was told 2-3 weeks. been over a month now.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by ruey220
any word on the coupes??
SwitchPath™ is available now. Track coming soon!

Originally Posted by digitalnav
Whats going on with the delays? I ordered my switchpath exhaust i was told 2-3 weeks. been over a month now.
Thanks for the patience. We were waiting on valve assemblies from our friends in Germany. They arrived Monday. Email me your order number and/or who you ordered through and I can check in on progress for ya.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
I just installed my AWE exhaust on my 2016. I found one in stock (after some hunting) and got it within 1 day.

I installed the kit myself. It is very well made, and fitment was good, although one area on the car is very tight with clearance.

everything was very well made. Welds all looked good, and everything slipped together as advertised.

I honestly dont don’t see any way that this system could be made any better. For the companies that charge $3000+ just for the mufflers... I just scratch my head.

Just an FYI... all systems now include the actuators and the valves. So there is no more swapping of the OEM actuators to the new exhaust.

AWE instructions are outdated.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by weboperations
I just installed my AWE exhaust on my 2016. I found one in stock (after some hunting) and got it within 1 day.

I installed the kit myself. It is very well made, and fitment was good, although one area on the car is very tight with clearance.

everything was very well made. Welds all looked good, and everything slipped together as advertised.

I honestly dont don’t see any way that this system could be made any better. For the companies that charge $3000+ just for the mufflers... I just scratch my head.

Just an FYI... all systems now include the actuators and the valves. So there is no more swapping of the OEM actuators to the new exhaust.

Glad you're satisfied and installation was straight forward for DIY!

Apologies for in the instructions, but thank you for noting them. Seems to be an old version cached somewhere.

Let's hear it!
Old 06-29-2017, 02:07 PM

C63S Sedan

How long did it take and what tools did you need?
Old 06-29-2017, 04:26 PM

2016 C63S AMG
About 4 hours total.

You need:
  • torx bits
  • e torx bits
  • standard socket set
  • combo wrench set
  • torque wrench (I used factory torque specs where applicable)
  • penetrating lube (for exhaust hangers)
  • hanger removal tool (or similar)
Without the hanger removal tool, it’s a real pain to get the hangers off. You just need any tool that can grip the hanger, while pushing the metal supports out of the hanger.

If you use ramps/jack stands, I’d recommend trying to get the entire car off the ground. Perhaps driving up on ramps in the front, then jacking the car up and placing ramps under the back tires. Or vis versa.

Make sure you tighten the exhaust clamps down well.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:36 PM

2016 C63S AMG
Also I’ll add. My butt dyno says the car seems a little more powerful. AWE has a dyno graph on their site like awe did. I put more faith in companies that actually post a real dyno graph (yes I know there could be other factors with the numbers).

If I had to guess, maybe 10-15 hp, which I seem to feel in around town driving 0-50mph with moderate throttle.

One thing I noticed is that I can hear the recirculating valve more now. After changing to high flow filters, I could hear the valve occasionally, but now with the exhaust I hear it much more often. My logic would say that if I’m hearing that sound more, then perhaps the exhaust is more free flowing than stock... thus increasing a little bit of intake flow as well. Not sure if I’m correct on that... but that’s something that was definitely pronounced.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Rumblin' with Rennology.

If anyone is lookin' to pipe up, PM me so I can assist you in getting aligned with a dealer for the possibility of immediate fulfillment / bypassing lead times!
Old 07-19-2017, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 c63s edition 1 coupe
Any options for Sydney???

Hi

I'm in Sydney and it's hard to get good info/workshops here with decent knowledge and/or experience wth the w205 c63s....
is there a workshop here you guys partner with?

Cheers

Peter
Old 07-19-2017, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Not that anyone would buy an exhaust for power gains, but out of curiosity, have you done testing on 91 octane???

I live in Nevada and we can only get slightly better than California ***** quality 91.....
Old 07-19-2017, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s

But it works with OEM wiring harness (e.g., the button on the console)???
Old 07-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by C63s1edition
Hi

I'm in Sydney and it's hard to get good info/workshops here with decent knowledge and/or experience wth the w205 c63s....
is there a workshop here you guys partner with?

Cheers

Peter
Hi, Peter.

Could you email me? I am going to send over contact info for our AWE AU branch.

Jdavis@awe-tuning.com
Old 07-19-2017, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Not that anyone would buy an exhaust for power gains, but out of curiosity, have you done testing on 91 octane???

I live in Nevada and we can only get slightly better than California ***** quality 91.....
Negative. 93 is what we fill our AMG up with
Old 07-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by auditoamg
But it works with OEM wiring harness (e.g., the button on the console)???
Correct. The SwitchPath™ configuration retains the console-integrated exhaust button found on cars equipped with DPE.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Arrow Presenting the AWE Track Edition Exhaust for the C63/S Coupe. Available now!

Presenting the AWE Tuning Track Edition Exhaust for the W205 C63/S Coupe. Available through the AWE Tuning Dealer Network and direct.
  • Max power gains of 19 hp and 26 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
  • Easy options for cars with and without the Dynamic Performance Exhaust
  • Engineered, designed, and handcrafted in-house at AWE Tuning
  • Dual 3” diameter TIG-welded CNC mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel
  • Optional AWE Tuning Machined Exhaust Tips available in three finishes
  • Featuring the unprecedented AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee
  • No Check Engine Light Guarantee
  • AWE Tuning Lifetime Warranty

AWE Tuning Track Edition Exhaust

The lower priced, unruly sibling of the SwitchPath™ Exhaust. The Track Edition Exhaust boasts the same quality, construction, and performance as the SwitchPath™ Exhaust, minus the resonators and valves. The result is the savage side of the spectrum, all the time. The valved H-pipe is part of the package, controlled automatically by the factory electronics.

The Track Edition Exhaust is not for the faint of heart. The Track Edition Exhaust will be the most pronounced in the mid range and cannot be returned due to its sound (this system is about commitment, and for those who like it loud).

Important fitment note: Cars with the AMG Performance Exhaust will need to order the AWE Tuning valve simulators along with the Track Edition Exhaust.

Volume. Simplified.

AWE Tuning Machined Exhaust Tips

AWE Tuning Mercedes-Benz W205 AMG C63/S Machined Exhaust Tips. Agressive, yet classy.
  • CNC-machined in-house at AWE Tuning out of 6061 billet aluminum
  • Available in three finishes: brushed silver, chrome silver, and diamond black
  • Engraved AWE Tuning logo
  • Quick and easy install
  • Fits all W205 AMG C63/S factory valances
  • AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee
  • The W205 C63’s stock exhaust tips simply weren’t aggressive to match its overall demeanor, especially when equipped with either the AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Exhaust. We beefed up the C63’s rear-end with statement-making machined exhaust tips.
CNC-machined in-house at AWE Tuning out of 6061 billet aluminum, available in three finishes: brushed silver, chrome silver, and diamond black. The tip faces are interchangeable, and come engraved with the AWE Tuning logo to let everyone know which team you’re on. Installation is simple--simply pop in, swivel, and secure.

The AWE Tuning Machined Exhaust Tips come complete with two tip assemblies in chosen finish, all required hardware, and easy to follow instructions.

Fitment note: the AWE Tuning Machined Exhaust Tips are applicable to all C63/S cars equipped with the factory bumper.

Data:

You’ve got questions? We've got answers. Hit me here, direct via email, or call 215.658.1670.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Track Edition now available for the C63/S Coupe!

Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
Track Edition now available for the C63/S Coupe!

AWE AMG C63/S Coupe Track Edition Exhaust

Hey mate, can you email me pricing on this?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W205 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by Sanch
Hey mate, can you email me pricing on this?
Emailed ya!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:39 AM

C63S Sedan
I installed the switchpath exhaust on my car. IF you guys want a review let met know.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by digitalnav
I installed the switchpath exhaust on my car. IF you guys want a review let met know.
Interested in your impressions of the system
Old 07-27-2017, 04:35 PM

C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by blaferty
Interested in your impressions of the system
Fitment is a problem at first. A lot of rubbing issues. Otherwise sounds bloody fantastic.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 C205 coupe, Ferrari F12, Porsche 991.1 Turbo S
Could you elaborate on the fitment issue / rubbing please? Which components rub? Was the solution just to force it in or heat bending with an oxy torch?!?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing the AWE Tuning W205 AMG C63/S Exhaust Suite