Sponsored by:

First few weeks. Impressions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 AMG C63s
First few weeks. Impressions.

Still under 1,000 miles, so take it all with a grain of salt. 2016 AMG C63s. Black.

Pros:
- Driving
- Driving
- Driving
- what a beast. definitely most powerful car i've ever owned. just a lot of fun to drive. demands attention from me, keeps me focused, let's me feel the road, accelerates like a friggin' missile. corners like nobody's business. great braking.
- looks beautiful (when it's clean)
- AMG performance seats - really supportive and improves my overall experience
- heads up display really handy
- Sound of engine is just awesome. Yes, I know, you all know that

Cons:
- not a fan of the direct select lever - feels kinda cheap and silly - but i guess it's a mercedes thing
- command system is "meh" - especially the navigation - my jeep has a more advanced and easier to use nav system that looks better. can't turn off the voice permanently, guidance is kinda lame and just feels dated and clunky for such a beautiful and advanced car
- no carplay integration - guess some c series in 2016 have it, but not here
- no ability to turn off that eco start/stop function as a default. hate it.
- horrible wifi/3G cell service making things like internet access, remote starting from app essentially useless
- so so audio. it's good, don't get me wrong, but sound is not as good and tuneable as an aftermarket install of a high end system.

so yeah, basically, it's an incredible car that totally exceeds my driving expectations, and is seriously fun and all about performance. but it could stand a major technology upgrade to bring it in line with the current and future state of the art. seriously. 3G in 2016? all in all i think it's a fair trade and am really looking forward to continuing to drive and explore its potential.
The following users liked this post:
Casty (04-04-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by stevenj24k
Still under 1,000 miles, so take it all with a grain of salt. 2016 AMG C63s. Black.

Pros:
- Driving
- Driving
- Driving
- what a beast. definitely most powerful car i've ever owned. just a lot of fun to drive. demands attention from me, keeps me focused, let's me feel the road, accelerates like a friggin' missile. corners like nobody's business. great braking.

Cons:
- not a fan of the direct select lever - feels kinda cheap and silly - but i guess it's a mercedes thing
- command system is "meh" - especially the navigation - my jeep has a more advanced and easier to use nav system that looks better. can't turn off the voice permanently, guidance is kinda lame and just feels dated and clunky for such a beautiful and advanced car
- horrible wifi/3G cell service making things like internet access, remote starting from app essentially useless
- so so audio. it's good, don't get me wrong, but sound is not as good and tuneable as an aftermarket install of a high end system.

so yeah, basically, it's an incredible car that totally exceeds my driving expectations, and is seriously fun and all about performance. but it could stand a major technology upgrade to bring it in line with the current and future state of the art. seriously. 3G in 2016? all in all i think it's a fair trade and am really looking forward to continuing to drive and explore its potential.
Your pros are right on but on you cons --who cares about 3 g or 4g on the car as I have my 4g phone.
You get use to the shifter and after 6 months I sort of like it.
Also on the start stop function--I don't care as every time I start I push the start button twice (foot off brake)and hit the switch once up to go to Individual mode that I have set to S+ on engine and trans and c for suspension and LOUD on the exhaust--so I get to hear the start so sweet and it is ready to go with the start stop off and all good.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S

Pros:
- Driving
- Driving
- Driving

Cons:

great review, straight to the point thks for sharing ur thoughts (:
shes coming in two weeks from now, cant wait, especially when reading those type of comments
went for the perf. seats as well, what abt on long journey, arent they too firm ? simply couldnt not order this babe without them, astonishingly gorgeous
Old 04-04-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 AMG C63s
shes coming in two weeks from now, cant wait, especially when reading those type of comments
went for the perf. seats as well, what abt on long journey, arent they too firm ? simply couldnt not order this babe without them, astonishingly gorgeous
seats are definitely on the "firm" side, but i still find them quite comfortable. haven't taken on a long journey yet, so can't speak to that
Old 04-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2021 GLE53; 2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus
seats are definitely on the "firm" side, but i still find them quite comfortable. haven't taken on a long journey yet, so can't speak to that
I'd say it depends on how big of a guy you are. I am 5'9" 170lbs. Seats are perfect for me and very comfortable on long trips. I suspect if you were 6'6" 280 lbs...they may not be too comfortable!
The following users liked this post:
Casty (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 05:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by jeremyf0923
I'd say it depends on how big of a guy you are. I am 5'9" 170lbs. Seats are perfect for me and very comfortable on long trips. I suspect if you were 6'6" 280 lbs...they may not be too comfortable!

theyll then fit me perfectly

hopefully my dealer wont come up with slimy excuses for an unexpected delay. Been waiting too long already, nearly a +6 months, kinda frustrating now. @ least i get to know all sites, vids from utube and all
Old 04-04-2016, 07:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A45, Amarok, C63s Edition 1 wagon.
Originally Posted by Casty
They're much more comfortable than the seats on my old VW R36. Certainly not too firm or even uncomfortable for 600km journeys on terrible Australian country roads.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15 AMG C63S ED1
Cons:
I haven't driven a jeep to experience their Nav system. Can it load custom routes and POIs from Google Maps or .GPX files like Comand does? I haven't found a car manufacturer that does yet except this one. Could be wrong.

Also, You probably can turn the voice off permanently somewhere. Alternatively, you can mute the voice permanently during the route by pressing MUTE when it's voicing directions.