C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received US production date for C63 S coupe order. ETA for delivery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
The open pore / black ash trim is no longer showing on the MB UK configurator for the C63.

£700 for carbon trim is a no go. Not worth it. This is going to throw a spanner in the works.

Problem is if you leave order as is, you will not get the IWC clock.

I'm not happy.
I think you should check this with you dealer.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:47 PM

Received 131 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 C63S coupe
It's (open pore trim) still available as a no cost option for the other C Coupes.
I recon they want us to opt for the more expensive trim. Maybe.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 05-19-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 640i Gran Coupe
Well at least we know our salesman are not fibbing about the HUD issue. I couldn't believe my ears, how can Mercedes have such a vulnerable supply chain? HUD is a must, especially on the track it's brilliant.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
Originally Posted by NickZee
Well at least we know our salesman are not fibbing about the HUD issue. I couldn't believe my ears, how can Mercedes have such a vulnerable supply chain? HUD is a must, especially on the track it's brilliant.
Yes I think HUD is important. It's 2016..-"" the competitors have it. I would try to wait for hud, you might regret it later on. It's not something you can add later if u want it unlike say night package or carbons bits.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Ok, I have a quick update from my dealer on the HUD and Black Ash situation.

I was told that if I kept my European Delivery date of 9/5/16, there would be maybe a 80%-90% chance that it would be built with the HUD -- but if I accept that date, they will build the car regardless of whether the HUD is available or not. The same situation with the Black Ash tim. Too risky...

I asked if I pushed back the ED pickup to October (10/10/16), could they guarantee the availability of both the HUD and Black Ash for my build and they said yes. So I've moved my pickup date to October - it seems like the supplier issue will be resolved for builds in September (at least for U.S.).
Old 05-19-2016, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Ok, I have a quick update from my dealer on the HUD and Black Ash situation.

I was told that if I kept my European Delivery date of 9/5/16, there would be maybe a 80%-90% chance that it would be built with the HUD -- but if I accept that date, they will build the car regardless of whether the HUD is available or not. The same situation with the Black Ash tim. Too risky...

I asked if I pushed back the ED pickup to October (10/10/16), could they guarantee the availability of both the HUD and Black Ash for my build and they said yes. So I've moved my pickup date to October - it seems like the supplier issue will be resolved for builds in September (at least for U.S.).
Good to know, even though the wait is excruciatingly long. It will be worth it at the end knowing you have exactly what you want. Rather than settling for something you might regret later down the track!