C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by DragonRR
I can't wash it until next week (orders from the detailer)! Obviously I told the rain and dirt to avoid the car in the meantime but both seem to be ignoring this instruction!.
Save
What specific type of Gyeon, so you know??? There seem to be several types...!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by auditoamg
What specific type of Gyeon, so you know??? There seem to be several types...!
It was Gyeon MOHS+

Today was somewhat unexpected. Obviously I have been pretty careful doing the running in so I've never been out of Comfort and haven't put my foot down.

I hit 1000 miles this morning.

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5712a_zpsdewgitcd.jpg

I didn't go mad but I did spend the entire day in Sport+! The car felt like a completely different animal, very responsive, very fast, lots and lots of torque and impressive grip for a RWD car. The exhaust overrun sound is pretty epic and unlike certain other marques (looking at you BMW) sounds much better outside the car than in! The ride in Sport+ was pretty good considering.

I haven't tried race mode as yet. Traction control off on a car I haven't properly played with sounds like a recipe for disaster! I am doing the driver training this week so I'll be waiting until I've done that.
Save

Last edited by DragonRR; 10-17-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
It was Gyeon MOHS+

Today was somewhat unexpected. Obviously I have been pretty careful doing the running in so I've never been out of Comfort and haven't put my foot down.

I didn't go mad but I did spend the entire day in Sport+! The car felt like a completely different animal, very responsive, very fast, lots and lots of torque and impressive grip for a RWD car. The exhaust overrun sound is pretty epic and unlike certain other marques (looking at you BMW) sounds much better outside the car than in! The ride in Sport+ was pretty good considering.

I haven't tried race mode as yet. Traction control off on a car I haven't properly played with sounds like a recipe for disaster! I am doing the driver training this week so I'll be waiting until I've done that.
Save
I've been the same, I've been so damn careful with the run in period.

I just hit 1000kms... might do a long drive this weekend and get it over to 1500kms
Old 10-17-2016, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
It was Gyeon MOHS+

Save
Thank you!!!
Old 10-18-2016, 01:30 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
I can't wash it until next week (orders from the detailer)! Obviously I told the rain and dirt to avoid the car in the meantime but both seem to be ignoring this instruction!.
Save
What did you put on the wheels for protection, ease of cleaning? I had my whole front, A-pillar, mirrors, front black part of roof (in front of sunroof), fenders, door edges, top of bumper in front of trunk lid and a few other areas covered in SunTek PPF last week. Looks great. Thinking about a coating/sealant for the rest of the paint, but biggest concern is the wheels as they already seem to have baked-in brake dust at 750 miles!
Old 10-18-2016, 02:35 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S,2016 C63 S Edition 1 Coupe(gone), 2011 640D M Sports Coupe, 2015 435i M Sports Coupe
It was Gyeon MOHS+

Save
Enjoy even more now the run in period is over safe driving DragonRR
The following users liked this post:
DragonRR (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by jhillman
What did you put on the wheels for protection, ease of cleaning? I had my whole front, A-pillar, mirrors, front black part of roof (in front of sunroof), fenders, door edges, top of bumper in front of trunk lid and a few other areas covered in SunTek PPF last week. Looks great. Thinking about a coating/sealant for the rest of the paint, but biggest concern is the wheels as they already seem to have baked-in brake dust at 750 miles!
He put some other form of Gyeon on the wheels. I'll ask. Mine are also covered in brake dust, haven't tried to clean them yet! Fingers crossed
Old 10-18-2016, 04:45 AM

Gyeon Rim went on the wheels. He reckons the brake dust will just wash off.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:15 PM

Brake dust did actually just wash off. We'll see if that carries on into next year!

Wonder where I was today

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5745_zpsl0wugytj.jpg

Fantastic experience, great staff at Brooklands!

On topic - an Iridium Silver C63s (also at Brooklands) she's a bit plain with no frills but this photo doesn't do her justice at all.

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5762_zpsxembr5yr.jpg
Old 10-22-2016, 07:20 AM

2018 E63S,2016 C63 S Edition 1 Coupe(gone), 2011 640D M Sports Coupe, 2015 435i M Sports Coupe
Brake dust did actually just wash off. We'll see if that carries on into next year!

Wonder where I was today

On topic - an Iridium Silver C63s (also at Brooklands) she's a bit plain with no frills but this photo doesn't do her justice at all.

How did it go DragonRR good day then, do you get this when you buy the C63 S or when you have ordered with pack that increase top speed to 180mph limited from 155mph limited (track pack) or something like that?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE

Wonder where I was today

You must have loved the experience Dragon! Drove the same one when I went down for my driver training after picking mine up.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by michael640D
How did it go DragonRR good day then, do you get this when you buy the C63 S or when you have ordered with pack that increase top speed to 180mph limited from 155mph limited (track pack) or something like that?
It's complimentary with an AMG purchase Michael. You just call MB World up once you've received your car then book it. The car you use will match your own so you'd be using a C63s coupe too.
michael640D (10-22-2016)
Old 10-22-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by michael640D
Actually I have raised a problem with my dealer about that. AFAIK Trim is correct - you get the Basic training when you buy the car but I also bought the "Driver's Package" which includes top speed limit removal and AMG Basic Training - Power and Passion event. Absolutely no idea what this means .... it sounds remarkably similar to the event I've just come back from but I have had no communication from Mercedes about it at all.

The Basic Training was pretty awesome. There were a couple of very small extras - £30 for a video of the whole thing and £15 for complete damage cover. Very friendly staff, the trainer was a racing driver and good at doing the training. Great fun and the time flew by. The drive back took about 5hrs - Friday afternoon to evening in heavy traffic... not so much fun even in the C63!

Save
Old 10-22-2016, 11:36 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Dragon. I think your event should be a bit more than that. AFAIK the event you qualify for is held on continental Europe, and involves a bit more than the basic training.
DragonRR (10-22-2016)
Old 10-22-2016, 05:26 PM

Actually I have raised a problem with my dealer about that. AFAIK Trim is correct - you get the Basic training when you buy the car but I also bought the "Driver's Package" which includes top speed limit removal and AMG Basic Training - Power and Passion event. Absolutely no idea what this means .... it sounds remarkably similar to the event I've just come back from but I have had no communication from Mercedes about it at all.

The Basic Training was pretty awesome. There were a couple of very small extras - £30 for a video of the whole thing and £15 for complete damage cover. Very friendly staff, the trainer was a racing driver and good at doing the training. Great fun and the time flew by. The drive back took about 5hrs - Friday afternoon to evening in heavy traffic... not so much fun even in the C63!

Save
I was also curious about the 'Power and Passion Event' as I specced the Drivers Package too, but no-one has told me anything regarding the event and my dealer didn't seem to know anything either.

Checked the AMG Driving Academy site and found the page regarding 'AMG Basic-Training Power and Passion' which comes with the Driver's Package.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/driving-...acetrack/power

What I gathered from the info is that 'Driver's Package' owners should have received a voucher of sorts entitling them to the event (unfortunately there are no more events until next year). The venues are the Nurburgring, Hockeinheimring and Sachsenring.

But, interestingly, everything on the agenda is pretty much the same as what was done at the MB World training, there's only 1 or 2 extra exercises (not really sure it would be worth the trip if you've already done the training here imo)
Old 10-22-2016, 06:17 PM

I've read the same article. I am starting to regret getting it at all, wasn't that bothered about the top speed limit removal!
Old 10-22-2016, 07:06 PM

I've read the same article. I am starting to regret getting it at all, wasn't that bothered about the top speed limit removal!
Same here! In the past when there was no MB World basic training might've been a good option to tick but if they'd specified that we'd get a free training experience anyway, wouldn't have ticked the bloody option. Just a cheeky way to get more money in their pockets. Oh well...
Old 10-23-2016, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Trim105
Same here! In the past when there was no MB World basic training might've been a good option to tick but if they'd specified that we'd get a free training experience anyway, wouldn't have ticked the bloody option. Just a cheeky way to get more money in their pockets. Oh well...
I've contacted my dealer about this. They are looking into it. It makes it even more annoying when Mercedes haven't contacted me about it, feel like I've spent a fair sum of money for someone to untick a box.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:06 AM

2019C63S coupe
Go for it guys. you are owed more than a basic training day.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 10-24-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:54 AM

Waiting to hear about the training.

Spacers!
I've dumped the spacer idea for now. After a lot of faffing and delays getting the correct bolts and locking bolts.. I turned up to get the job done and the H&R spacers don't fit. The flange wasn't deep enough on either the 10 or 12mm set so they didn't go flush to the hub. I don't really blame the fitters... I originally asked for K&W but the H&Rs they got were the correct part, they suspect that H&R assumed W205 saloon would fit they coupe. It all started to feel a bit like fate (delays, concerns over wear and ride plus the geometry business which had conflicting views..) so I have shelved it for now.

Before
Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5827_zps1sj6rxrg.jpg
After
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5827_zps1sj6rxrg.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	364879

(Yes they are the same!)
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5827_zps1sj6rxrg.jpg  

Last edited by DragonRR; 10-24-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:08 AM

2019C63S coupe
Thanks for the info Dragon, I am/was interested as well. maybe we revisit in future.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:24 AM

Spacers!
I've dumped the spacer idea for now. After a lot of faffing and delays getting the correct bolts and locking bolts.. I turned up to get the job done and the H&R spacers don't fit. The flange wasn't deep enough on either the 10 or 12mm set so they didn't go flush to the hub. I don't really blame the fitters... I originally asked for K&W but the H&Rs they got were the correct part, they suspect that H&R assumed W205 saloon would fit they coupe. It all started to feel a bit like fate (delays, concerns over wear and ride plus the geometry business which had conflicting views..) so I have shelved it for now.
Don't blame you DragonRR I have seen some post from US about inside tire wear after 13K noticeable wear on inside edge of tyre. I had the same thing on my 335i coupe due to aggressive negative camber set up and wheel and tyre size.
Had to fit pirelli's in stead of the original Bridgstones to reduce the inside wear, at one stage on my wife's 335i in inside edge had worn down to the fabric but the rest of tyre had 7mm on it really bad it could have blown out while on motor way at 70mph as you could not see the wear unless you took the wheel off. So may be a issue on the C63 S coupe too as reported by US owners.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Mercedes Benz E63 S Renntech Stage III
Beautiful color.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:21 AM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com

Spacers!

Before

After

(Yes they are the same!)
Spacers? What are spacers?

Aftermarket wheels would get the job done right and achieve what you are looking for.

Last edited by thewb; 10-24-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by thewb
Spacers? What are spacers?

Aftermarket wheels would get the job done right and achieve what you are looking for.
LOL.. well aside from the fact that you are a rather long drive away... Say 4300 miles as the crow flies I considered it but I really like the OEM wheels.
Save

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)