C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG c63s
Originally Posted by DragonRR
Whether that can actually be done I'm not sure but I've been thinking about ordering another or even putting a deposit down on the E63 Coupe. However, given the many comments about rattles here and my own experiences of rattles in other Mercedes - S class coupes and a recent loan E class I'm thinking I might wait until Mercedes have fixed these problems. I currently have a loan Porsche Cayman whilst my 911 is being serviced. No rattles, creaks or anything.
I just picked up a C63s and it has no rattles and feels solid. I am like most guys on this site and we are OCD when it comes to our cars. Rattles and noises drive me nuts. I could not be happier with my choice of going with the c63s. I came very close to buying the new Porsche 911s but to spec it the way I needed it the price was $40K more then my better equipped c63s. I feel for you and it may be impossible for you to trust MB after this experience but if you can get a good c63s it is worth it. I have owned allot of car in my 48 years and the c63s puts the biggest smile on my face of them all.
The following users liked this post:
DragonRR (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Whether that can actually be done I'm not sure but I've been thinking about ordering another or even putting a deposit down on the E63 Coupe. However, given the many comments about rattles here and my own experiences of rattles in other Mercedes - S class coupes and a recent loan E class I'm thinking I might wait until Mercedes have fixed these problems. I currently have a loan Porsche Cayman whilst my 911 is being serviced. No rattles, creaks or anything.
Sorry to hear the bad news mate... Unfortunately there no E63s coupe that would have definitely been the ultimate.

How about the GTs?
Old 02-28-2017, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Saw this photo-shop on Instagram... Oh my, if only it were real!!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 06:03 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Sanch
Sorry to hear the bad news mate... Unfortunately there no E63s coupe that would have definitely been the ultimate.

How about the GTs?
Hmm a very practical 911 TTS and a two seater Mercedes GTS YES! But .. no

Hopefully this will get resolved amicably so you may well see me in the E63 coupe in a year or so.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Hmm a very practical 911 TTS and a two seater Mercedes GTS YES! But .. no

Hopefully this will get resolved amicably so you may well see me in the E63 coupe in a year or so.
Unfortunately there is no plans for a e63 coupe... but if it does happen I always said I will join you my friend
Old 02-28-2017, 06:22 PM

Unfortunately there is no plans for a e63 coupe... but if it does happen I always said I will join you my friend
Last thing I read had said there would be one but it looks like you are right mate.
Save
Old 03-01-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shelby GT350R, Ford Raptor
I will follow you guys as well. E63 coupe would be perfect car. At the moment i see plans only for anniversary E50 coupe, perhaps they build it in same way how they would do E63....
Old 03-05-2017, 05:56 PM

Unfortunately, as I've mentioned in another thread the replacement seat only temporarily solved the creaking/cracking noise problem. I have basically the same types of noises coming from roughly the same place as before. They don't happen as much on straight roads but actually happen even more when cornering and braking.

I'm now talking to my dealer about rejecting the car because I feel like I'm right back at square one with potentially several months of repair visits and temporary fixes. I have little doubt that with enough workshop time the problem can be completely fixed but not under my ownership.

It is a shame because I think the C63s coupe is a fantastic car in every other area, I will be very sad to see it go and have zero idea what to replace it with.
Just a small update. I've now officially rejected the car. It was the last thing I wanted to do really but I can't cope with the thought of being another couple of months down the line still with this problem, or waiting for it to come back after another fix. The car hasn't been collected yet nor have I yet been provided with what the final "refund/buyout" figure will be.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Just a small update. I've now officially rejected the car. It was the last thing I wanted to do really but I can't cope with the thought of being another couple of months down the line still with this problem, or waiting for it to come back after another fix. The car hasn't been collected yet nor have I yet been provided with what the final "refund/buyout" figure will be.
Do keep us posted with the final outcome... will be interesting to see how much they offer you with the buy back.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:49 AM

The dealer, so far at least, has been really good. I'm hoping that the end result will be OK and this won't end up in arguments!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:30 AM

A month later and my car is still sat gathering dust. The team dealing with the rejection seem to have no sense of urgency whatsoever and are still considering! Fortunately the dealer is still communicating and is trying to put together a plan to send the car to Mercedes HQ in the UK for a final attempt at fixing it. There would be an agreed plan of what happens if it returns with the fault still present. Aside from the noises from the seat I love the car so I might go with the suggestion.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:58 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
A month later and my car is still sat gathering dust. The team dealing with the rejection seem to have no sense of urgency whatsoever and are still considering! Fortunately the dealer is still communicating and is trying to put together a plan to send the car to Mercedes HQ in the UK for a final attempt at fixing it. There would be an agreed plan of what happens if it returns with the fault still present. Aside from the noises from the seat I love the car so I might go with the suggestion.
Oh dear. I hope you get a satisfactory outcome. It's such a pain.

Good luck.
DragonRR (04-06-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I can only imagine your frustration during this process. I truly hope they sort it our for you. We will miss you in the AMG camp.
DragonRR (04-06-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 06:39 AM

Probably my final update!

The dealer collected the car just over a week ago. Of the two problems - creaking seat being the worst only the ticking noise decided to play ball on the test drive with their driver. The seat did creak a couple of times but only when I pushed my back hard into the seat, not around every bloody corner as it had been doing.

Over the last few years I've driven at least 6 different Mercedes... ranging form S class saloons to GLEs. Not one has been completely silent. Recently a new E class had a noisy dash and a creaky seat, the current loan I've had for the last few days is a GLE 43 AMG and even that has a bit of a rattle from the dash. I've gradually come to the conclusion that I'm probably expecting too much of the C63 coupe and possibly the brand. It didn't help that my Golf R which I owned just before the C63 was totally and utterly silent.

Whilst the dealer has tried very hard to get this matter resolved once it started to go awry with Mercedes finance it has all just taken far too long and I've become concerned that I will always be waiting for the noise to come back even if it did get resolved.

Late last week I happened to see a nearly new RS6 Performance Edition for sale in a near perfect spec and a very good price. I bought it on Saturday trading in my C63. I will really miss the C63 because (excluding the UI) it is just such a fantastic car in every other aspect.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:15 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Oh sorry to hear you are parting with the 63, and congratulations on your new purchase.
Send us some photos when you are able to.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Probably my final update!

The dealer collected the car just over a week ago. Of the two problems - creaking seat being the worst only the ticking noise decided to play ball on the test drive with their driver. The seat did creak a couple of times but only when I pushed my back hard into the seat, not around every bloody corner as it had been doing.

Over the last few years I've driven at least 6 different Mercedes... ranging form S class saloons to GLEs. Not one has been completely silent. Recently a new E class had a noisy dash and a creaky seat, the current loan I've had for the last few days is a GLE 43 AMG and even that has a bit of a rattle from the dash. I've gradually come to the conclusion that I'm probably expecting too much of the C63 coupe and possibly the brand. It didn't help that my Golf R which I owned just before the C63 was totally and utterly silent.

Whilst the dealer has tried very hard to get this matter resolved once it started to go awry with Mercedes finance it has all just taken far too long and I've become concerned that I will always be waiting for the noise to come back even if it did get resolved.

Late last week I happened to see a nearly new RS6 Performance Edition for sale in a near perfect spec and a very good price. I bought it on Saturday trading in my C63. I will really miss the C63 because (excluding the UI) it is just such a fantastic car in every other aspect.
Mate, sorry to hear and see you go.

However that RS6 has been haunting you for a while now...
Old 04-28-2017, 05:02 PM

Mate, sorry to hear and see you go.

However that RS6 has been haunting you for a while now...
Yes it has and the RS6 is absolutely fantastic, surprised the Performance version feels so much faster than the 560bhp version. BUT I wish I'd been a bit more fortunate with the bloody rattle problem and not gone all OCD on it!

Here's a pic of the RS6, not the loveliest day nor the best shot although I've never found the RS6 to be a very photogenic car. It's a bit too big and bulges on phone camera lenses

Old 04-28-2017, 05:42 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
Yes it has and the RS6 is absolutely fantastic, surprised the Performance version feels so much faster than the 560bhp version. BUT I wish I'd been a bit more fortunate with the bloody rattle problem and not gone all OCD on it!

Here's a pic of the RS6, not the loveliest day nor the best shot although I've never found the RS6 to be a very photogenic car. It's a bit too big and bulges on phone camera lenses

Looks nice. Cool color. Congrats... Traitor, lol, just kidding
Old 05-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
A45 AMG

I think this is my favorite ED1 Color! It looks epic and those specs! oh god
Old 05-01-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Palpatine
Looks nice. Cool color. Congrats... Traitor, lol, just kidding
LOL

Slightly better pic:

Old 05-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I like that car, too bad its not available stateside--- RS7 for me I guess.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55
I like that car, too bad its not available stateside--- RS7 for me I guess.
Strange that Audi don't sell station wagons to the home of station wagons!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Strange that Audi don't sell station wagons to the home of station wagons!
No no no, we are the home to SUV's LOL.... we are not classy enough to have Estates in all models
Old 05-10-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bashar Halabi

I think this is my favorite ED1 Color! It looks epic and those specs! oh god
Very similar spec to mine by the look of it although I didn't have matt paint. This shot was taken a couple of days before I collected it last September. Mirrors, front and rear are C/F.

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5528_zpskxcuazjs.jpg
Save
Save
Old 05-10-2017, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Very similar spec to mine by the look of it although I didn't have matt paint. This shot was taken a couple of days before I collected it last September. Mirrors, front and rear are C/F.

Save
Save
Hey Dragon - just to let you know, and not trying to make you feel like, "oh *****", however, check this out:

My car, similarly spec'd to yours, had two VERY significant rattles that were similar to yours. Your build date was far earlier than mine, however.

1) Passenger Seat
2) Undercarriage not assembled/connected properly

Both of these sounded like they could be the same situation you had, before, you know, you got rid of it.

My dealer solved both and they have now resulted in a production change that has already or will occur shortly.

Fixes:

1) They removed the back of the passenger seat and drove. Watched the orthopedic support slapping against the seat supports!!!! They felted everything, tied it up with wire ties and I haven't had an issue since.....
2) The undercarriage is/was not being properly secured during production and, during specific driving conditions, would actually come loose and start flapping against the bottom of the car. Not enough to actually "see" it while driving, but the wind would take enough buffeting to cause noise in the cabin.

The funny part about this: They both occurred in the exact same location and transmitted the sound right into the cabin, right in the same spot!!!! I discovered #2 upon taking delivery of the vehicle, and once fixed, happened on #1.

My car is ALMOST silent now, except when I go over road reflectors... And when I do, it sounds like the cabin is going to implode in the cheapest Yugo ever. I'm going to mention the latter at my next service visit, but overall, I'm very happy now....

AuditoAMG
DragonRR (05-10-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)