Sponsored by:

c63s well equipped LEASE rate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2016 | 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by martinm1
Agree. Definitely not financially wise. I see it as a hobby that costs me about $20k/ yr.

On the question of why the poor lease terms. It is mostly the residuals and two different dealers told me it was because the cars tend to get driven hard and thus lose value. This might make sense if it weren't for the fact that the same is true for any car of similar performance car and yet the residuals are significantly higher
Funny the things you hear at a dealer....

The real reason residuals are so low is Mercedes doesn't pay residual insurance anymore like bmw.
Old 08-12-2016 | 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT

The real reason residuals are so low is Mercedes doesn't pay residual insurance anymore like bmw.
that's dumb because I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for a what the C63s is (not that it's a benz) but if rates stay this way I won't be getting one. So they win on the product but lose on value due to financial engineering
The following users liked this post:
srt2evo (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016 | 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by GrussGott
that's dumb because I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for a what the C63s is (not that it's a benz) but if rates stay this way I won't be getting one. So they win on the product but lose on value due to financial engineering
I'm with this guy.
Old 08-12-2016 | 05:47 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Old 08-12-2016 | 09:14 PM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
Same. If the price to lease this thing fully loaded is 1500-1700 (at MSRP) they unfortunately won't be getting my money either. I'll waltz over to BMW and get an M4 fully loaded and pocket $500/month. This car is beautiful, and I do look forward to owning one, but just can't financially justify spending that much more for a car when you get just about the same amount of performance from a direct competitor at a fraction of the cost WHILE having nearly the same sticker price. That's just too much.
Old 08-12-2016 | 11:23 PM

2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
Originally Posted by srt2evo
Same. If the price to lease this thing fully loaded is 1500-1700 (at MSRP) they unfortunately won't be getting my money either. I'll waltz over to BMW and get an M4 fully loaded and pocket $500/month. This car is beautiful, and I do look forward to owning one, but just can't financially justify spending that much more for a car when you get just about the same amount of performance from a direct competitor at a fraction of the cost WHILE having nearly the same sticker price. That's just too much.
Yeah, MB lease rates can be competitive for a normal c class or e class, but their AMG models have not leased competitively if ever. better to buy, especially at the end of the year reductions.
Old 08-13-2016 | 02:41 PM

C63S Cab, Alfa Romeo 4c
Originally Posted by dkhm3
Yeah, MB lease rates can be competitive for a normal c class or e class, but their AMG models have not leased competitively if ever. better to buy, especially at the end of the year reductions.
Agree buying appears to be the only real choice, but I am still concerned that the lease residuals are effectively what the car is worth at the end of that timeframe--24/36 or whatever. So even if you buy you have a car that loses almost 10% more than other competitive vehicles. Possibly, BMW, etc are artificially bumping their residual rates to move cars, but still it is a real hit to own the MB vs the competition.