Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c63s well equipped LEASE rate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2016 | 09:56 AM

w205 c400 c63s
c63s well equipped LEASE rate

Hi any update o the current lease on the c63s. I remember someone post a year ago it was $1,785 per month on well equipped c63s with 0 down payment. appreciate inputs. Thank you
Old 08-07-2016 | 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Most lease rates or money factor are triple or more than finance interest rate.

Try the math. You can get 1.2% or less on 48 months.
Old 08-07-2016 | 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Most lease rates or money factor are triple or more than finance interest rate.

Try the math. You can get 1.2% or less on 48 months.

Get a phone lease app and do it your self.
YOU need years /MSRP/cap cost(price they sell for)/down payment if any(cap reduction)/acquisition fee/money factor/residual. Just ask your sales man and if you want to convert to a interest rate just multiply money factor by 2400. (.0006 x 2400 =1.44%)
Old 08-07-2016 | 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by RDOCA
Get a phone lease app and do it your self.
YOU need years /MSRP/cap cost(price they sell for)/down payment if any(cap reduction)/acquisition fee/money factor/residual. Just ask your sales man and if you want to convert to a interest rate just multiply money factor by 2400. (.0006 x 2400 =1.44%)
Correct. I would bet money factor equates to 4%
Old 08-07-2016 | 06:21 PM

C63S Cab, Alfa Romeo 4c
Originally Posted by darwin329
Hi any update o the current lease on the c63s. I remember someone post a year ago it was $1,785 per month on well equipped c63s with 0 down payment. appreciate inputs. Thank you
I checked several weeks ago and the lease rates were quite horrible for these cars. Very low residuals and high interest rates relative to other choices. It could change anytime, but AMG leases were not competitive. For example: residual: 54% for 2 year and 51% for 3 year. Car will be worth 1/2 in 3 years. I checked with a large used AMG dealer and he confirmed that they are best bought used. As a comparison, a Z06 vette currently has a residual of 67%; an M4 is mid 60's. That is a really major difference in what a lease will cost. The money factors I was quoted were also high: .00325 or about 8%(these are probably padded by the dealer so the real one is likely a bit lower). 2 different dealers admitted the leases were not very competitive because "AMG owners often abuse their cars and thus they are worth less". Hmmm, doesn't make sense to me why they would be any different than other high end sports cars, but I am new to AMG ownership so....... (I have a C63S on order now, but will likely pay cash unless the lease rates get more favorable by the time it arrives). Sorry for the long post.
Old 08-07-2016 | 08:46 PM

w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by martinm1
I checked several weeks ago and the lease rates were quite horrible for these cars. Very low residuals and high interest rates relative to other choices. It could change anytime, but AMG leases were not competitive. For example: residual: 54% for 2 year and 51% for 3 year. Car will be worth 1/2 in 3 years. I checked with a large used AMG dealer and he confirmed that they are best bought used. As a comparison, a Z06 vette currently has a residual of 67%; an M4 is mid 60's. That is a really major difference in what a lease will cost. The money factors I was quoted were also high: .00325 or about 8%(these are probably padded by the dealer so the real one is likely a bit lower). 2 different dealers admitted the leases were not very competitive because "AMG owners often abuse their cars and thus they are worth less". Hmmm, doesn't make sense to me why they would be any different than other high end sports cars, but I am new to AMG ownership so....... (I have a C63S on order now, but will likely pay cash unless the lease rates get more favorable by the time it arrives). Sorry for the long post.
I guess loan is the way to go for the c63. Thank you
Old 08-07-2016 | 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
You are spot on. I would have a very strong interest in the C63S coupe if the lease terms were even remotely reasonable. It's a shame. Great car.
Old 08-07-2016 | 11:56 PM

2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
If you lease it, just buy it out at the end of the lease unless its a problem car. I also was surprised how bad the lease was vs BMW. But again, not totally unheard of, the Range Rover leases are absolutely horrible too and only makes sense to buy it. So its not only the AMG thats bad to lease. Buy or if you lease buy it at lease end and keep for the entire model life cycle. Dont pay a ton then turn it back in for someone else to buy cheap at your expense. When the next cycle comes around you can reevaluate if to trade up or trade to another make. The cars are fantastic regardless. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Last edited by VaserC63S; 08-08-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2016 | 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
If you dont think the lease rate on a C63s are good, just to compare it to a CTSv. Residuals are horrible. GM dealers have no faith in the value of their premium vehicles after 3 years.

A similarly equipped CTSv was going to run me over $500/month more.

Just sayin....
Old 08-08-2016 | 10:09 AM

2017 C63S Coupe
We can't necessarily use these board as fact but demand for these right now appears to be crazy high. Supply and demand. Right now their gonna get what they(Mercedes financial) want.
The following users liked this post:
Jdem22 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016 | 02:14 PM

2016 C450
...2 different dealers admitted the leases were not very competitive...
I had a tough time deciding between a C450 (my C450 optioned out only about $6K less than the 63 I was looking at) and spending a little more on a C63. My dealers (Sales manager actually) exact words "look at it this way, Jim, the C450 is all wheel drive and the C63's lease like s**t".

BMW, relatively speaking, practically gives away the M3/M4 on a lease.
Old 08-08-2016 | 04:13 PM

2017 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Jdem22
I had a tough time deciding between a C450 (my C450 optioned out only about $6K less than the 63 I was looking at) and spending a little more on a C63. My dealers (Sales manager actually) exact words "look at it this way, Jim, the C450 is all wheel drive and the C63's lease like s**t".

BMW, relatively speaking, practically gives away the M3/M4 on a lease.
So the lease on C450 (potentially on C43) is ok though?
Old 08-08-2016 | 04:46 PM

2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Yes lease on C450 is better than a C63. What I would say though is if you intend to keep the car long term and you cant wait two years to pick up lease returns, just lease and buy it at the end of the lease or buy outright. Either way you will pay about the same though buying will cost you less for sure. If you want to trade in 3yrs the leases are horrible.
Old 08-08-2016 | 04:54 PM

2017 C43 sedan
[QUOTE=
BMW, relatively speaking, practically gives away the M3/M4 on a lease.[/QUOTE]

My experience looking at M3 also. Much better residual. Still went with the C43 sedan. It was just a better package than the M3 for me.
Old 08-08-2016 | 05:45 PM

C63S Cab, Alfa Romeo 4c
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
Yes lease on C450 is better than a C63. What I would say though is if you intend to keep the car long term and you cant wait two years to pick up lease returns, just lease and buy it at the end of the lease or buy outright. Either way you will pay about the same though buying will cost you less for sure. If you want to trade in 3yrs the leases are horrible.
The key is how long you plan to keep the car. The easiest way to think about lease vs buy vs finance is what will it cost me to drive this car for X years. My experience in both buying and leasing quite a few cars is it is very close between a lease and a cash buy unless the manufacturer e.g. BMW is offering very attractive leasing or one like MB apparently doesn't want to lease any AMG's given their terms. I will probably buy the C63S cab vs lease, but unfortunately we still end up with a car in 2-3 years that is worth whatever the lease residual is for cars coming off lease. They will form the wholesale base I would think so if you drop $90k on a C63S cab you will probably get $45k trade in in 3 years. All cars depreciate a LOT during the first 3 years, but most are more like low 60% and not 50% like the AMG cars for 3 yr ownership. My only exceptions to this so far in life have been the Boxster when they first showed up and the Lotus Elise which continue to hold their value remarkably well.

Most of the financial arguments for one method or another talk about owning a car for a long time. Reality is most of us "car guys" are in/out of these cars in 2-3 years so that is probably the most reasonable way to view the cost.
Old 08-08-2016 | 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Simple answer is the lease rates on the C63S (both sedan and coupe) are ridiculously high. You can get a fully loaded BMW M5 at a lower monthly despite costing 100k+.

I'm buying my Coupe outright with no financing and plan to keep it at least until the warranty runs out - perhaps even longer if there's nothing else in the market that would be a proper substitute. Maybe throw on a pair of AMG GTR or E63S turbos.. or some Black Series spec turbos after warranty runs out
Old 08-08-2016 | 06:59 PM

C63S Cab, Alfa Romeo 4c
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Simple answer is the lease rates on the C63S (both sedan and coupe) are ridiculously high. You can get a fully loaded BMW M5 at a lower monthly despite costing 100k+.

I'm buying my Coupe outright with no financing and plan to keep it at least until the warranty runs out - perhaps even longer if there's nothing else in the market that would be a proper substitute. Maybe throw on a pair of AMG GTR or E63S turbos.. or some Black Series spec turbos after warranty runs out
I agree, I asked the dealer to assume the cab would cost $95k and use the current terms for the sedan with 0 down, just drive offs: $2500/mo for 24 mo and 1900 for 36 mo. You can lease a number of over $100k cars for less than that--hell you can get a low mileage lease on a bentley for a few hundred more.

It isn't demand. These are the rates for the current sedan which is being discounted significantly as noted on this forum. Yep, buy and hang on is the best bet then everything evens out over time, but it looks like this is one very expensive car to own/lease for only a few years.
Old 08-09-2016 | 10:32 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by arnold0523
So the lease on C450 (potentially on C43) is ok though?
Yes, but be careful. I got my car at the beginning of July at a dealer with C450 inventory, after the "C43" and it's new specs (and Mercedes's new naming convention) were well known. That would not necessarily affect my lease terms or rate, but it certainly impacted the sale price of a car they wanted to get rid of. They even voluntarily threw in the maintenance plan for a $10 per month bump in my monthly...I did not even ask. Remember, this car is MB comp for the BMW 340 and Audi S4 and as such, they want it out there, seen on the road.

Most of the financial arguments for one method or another talk about owning a car for a long time. Reality is most of us "car guys" are in/out of these cars in 2-3 years so that is probably the most reasonable way to view the cost.
Could not have said it better. Personally, I lose interest in my daily driver in well under 36 months which is the catalyst for me leasing. Furthermore, I do not want to do the whole "buy then sell" routine that I see so many of my car guy friends go through. The seller almost always thinks the car is worth more and the buyer almost always thinks it's worth less. And if you try to trade it in, that is a whole other set of circumstances. Then you have to negotiate the outgoing and incoming vehicle...No Thanks!

Now, if I felt truly passionate about a car I would consider buying it, but it would have to be very special and I have not felt that about a car.
Old 08-09-2016 | 02:32 PM

C63S Cab, Alfa Romeo 4c
Originally Posted by Jdem22
Yes, but be careful. I got my car at the beginning of July at a dealer with C450 inventory, after the "C43" and it's new specs (and Mercedes's new naming convention) were well known. That would not necessarily affect my lease terms or rate, but it certainly impacted the sale price of a car they wanted to get rid of. They even voluntarily threw in the maintenance plan for a $10 per month bump in my monthly...I did not even ask. Remember, this car is MB comp for the BMW 340 and Audi S4 and as such, they want it out there, seen on the road.

Could not have said it better. Personally, I lose interest in my daily driver in well under 36 months which is the catalyst for me leasing. Furthermore, I do not want to do the whole "buy then sell" routine that I see so many of my car guy friends go through. The seller almost always thinks the car is worth more and the buyer almost always thinks it's worth less. And if you try to trade it in, that is a whole other set of circumstances. Then you have to negotiate the outgoing and incoming vehicle...No Thanks!

Now, if I felt truly passionate about a car I would consider buying it, but it would have to be very special and I have not felt that about a car.
Yep, ditto. I bought one of the first Alfa 4C's that came out and I really love this car so it may hang around a while, but I don't have any particular loyalty to brand, I just like fast, well designed cars and like to "experiment" with different brands.

One additional point on leasing that is often overlooked is that if you have an accident in a high end car and it is leased, you get it fixed and then turn it in--no cost other than your insurance deductible. If you own that same car then it will be very difficult to sell at any price. So, with a lease you are also paying a bit for "accident insurance" in a sense--really more about peace of mind. Sadly, back on the thread topic. MB does not appear to be interested in leasing AMG models for anything close to the competition so you are pretty much stuck with owning the car.
Old 08-09-2016 | 08:37 PM

2014 E350 4Matic Coupe
I have an edition one in Canada that I leased as a company car. I'm paying just under 1700 tax in a month for it with 0 down for 3 years.
Old 08-09-2016 | 09:55 PM

unfortunately with cars its always a gamble. When the new Range Rover sport came out in 2014, I had a major woody for the car. I had to pay $10K over MSRP to get the supercharged I wanted. I wanted to lease but it would have been dfamn near 2500/month for 12K miles on a $120K. Made so sense whatsoever so I did what I thought sensible and bought it. 6500 miles 10 months in car was a total lemon. 22 dealer visits, it got to the point I couldnt stand the car and would not drive it. When something else broke I refused to let them fix it and demanded they buy it back or we go to court and I lemon it. First of all that $10K extra I paid was instant vapor. $1900 tweaks I did vaporized. Then I had to in effect sell the car back to them and ordered an SVR instead which turned with the wrong color combo I didnt order. Person who enters the orders screwed up! I was livid. So to settle the mess JLR worked out a deal for me to take home an Autobiography instead as I was no longer interested in another wait for something else. Around that time is when I went to local dealer test drove the C450 got acquainted with the new no longer geezer mobile MB.

Anyway I bought the 2015.5 Autobiography and its been so flawless and such a pleasure am keeping it until model changes. I doubt I get bored with it. Its the ultimate road tripper. Enough of that though. Now I wanted to trade up my BMW 335. I couldn't get a 340 or 440, it just wouldnt do it. I needed something faster than my 335 and my Range Rover so felt M3/M4 were my answers. I test drove them twice. I just couldn't pull the trigger. After 20yrs on unbroken 3 series ownership the cars no longer excited me for whatever reason. And the M-DCT is not a pleasant DD with our terrible local roads so on totally boring weekend I went to local MB dealer to look at that C450 again. I thought it was a reasonable DD car for me.

I walk in they had a silver C63S on the floor. Took it for test drive fell in instant love. One huge problem... lease sucks and I was afraid the car wont be worth a damn in 3yrs anyway. I had driven the old CL63 from Arlington, VA to Toronto and hated the it compared even to the 335. (felt heavy un-agile and MCT honestly was really bad. It felt like a really bad auto and always seemed to be in the wrong gear) Yes sounds crazy but true. The W205 though OMG! I wanted a coupe, but dam I have to wait 4 maybe 5 months for one decided I live in the here and now so opted for the Sedan. So again am in a situation where I will probably take a bath when I get rid of the car or trade up or side ways.

My point is with these cars, all logic winds up meaning zilch! Its an emotional purchase / lease which is always likely to work against your best financial interests. It better be worth it.

Last edited by VaserC63S; 08-09-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2016 | 11:54 PM

19 E63s
good points. If being financially wise is your goal go buy a 2008 civic or something. These cars are our passion so I'm ok with the depreciation.
Old 08-10-2016 | 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by jkob5
good points. If being financially wise is your goal go buy a 2008 civic or something. These cars are our passion so I'm ok with the depreciation.
Well am ok, but I still wish it wasn't this bad. And still perplexed what the real reason is for this.
Old 08-10-2016 | 10:10 AM

2016 OB Black AMG c63s
For a well equipped c63s in the mid 80s range your looking at around 1350.00 a month no money down 10k miles a month. I lease through my business so with the write off it made sense for me to spend this type of money.

Yes I could have gotten a well dressed M6 gran turismo for a few bucks more a month and drive a 130k car around as my daily driver, but I had a boner for the c63s 's exhaust note. I also like how sleeper the car is... most people don't realize what it is.. untill I hit the pedal!
Old 08-10-2016 | 10:14 AM

C63S Cab, Alfa Romeo 4c
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
Well am ok, but I still wish it wasn't this bad. And still perplexed what the real reason is for this.
Agree. Definitely not financially wise. I see it as a hobby that costs me about $20k/ yr.

On the question of why the poor lease terms. It is mostly the residuals and two different dealers told me it was because the cars tend to get driven hard and thus lose value. This might make sense if it weren't for the fact that the same is true for any car of similar performance car and yet the residuals are significantly higher

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c63s well equipped LEASE rate