Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels: 19 inch or 19/20 Mixed Setup

Old 08-11-2016, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63s Coupe
Wheels: 19 inch or 19/20 Mixed Setup

Ordering 2017 c63s Coupe

Do I go for the 19 inch all around or the 19/20 mixed setup?

Certainly the mixed setup rims look better/more sporty and aggressive. But with the mixed setup the configurator appears to show the that the overall diameter of the rear tire is the same as the front. IMO asthetically that looks odd. Shouldnt the rear tire be bigger (greater diameter) than the front? Or is there some reason Merc has done this? I.e. is the rear tire having a lower profile better for some reason - i.e.racing or something? IMO I think the rear 20 inch rim with a super thin profile tire would get pretty dinged up on a beat up road (lots here in Toronto). Also, I imagine replacing the rear 20 inch tires will be more costly. And lastly, does anyone know what the tire size is on the 20 inch rim (mixed setup).

Sorry about the many many Qs. Thank you.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Matscuda
Ordering 2017 c63s Coupe

Certainly the mixed setup rims look better/more sporty and aggressive. But with the mixed setup the configurator appears to show the that the overall diameter of the rear tire is the same as the front. IMO asthetically that looks odd. Shouldnt the rear tire be bigger (greater diameter) than the front? Or is there some reason Merc has done this? I.e. is the rear tire having a lower profile better for some reason - i.e.racing or something? IMO I think the rear 20 inch rim with a super thin profile tire would get pretty dinged up on a beat up road (lots here in Toronto). Also, I imagine replacing the rear 20 inch tires will be more costly. And lastly, does anyone know what the tire size is on the 20 inch rim (mixed setup).

The 20" x 10.5 rears are running 285s.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:46 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
these are all valid points. It should look to fill up the wheel gap with the 20 inch wheel as our eyes will focus on the noticeably larger wheel rather than the smaller diameter black tire. Yes they are slightly more likely to break and will cost more to replace, however, it's already a low profile tire, I don't think it will make that much of a difference.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:16 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Matscuda
Ordering 2017 c63s Coupe

Go with the most cost friendly option because at the end of the day don't you want to switch them out for aftermarket wheels custom built for you that are arguably more stylish and definitively lighter than the OEM offerings?
Old 08-12-2016, 07:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 AMG, Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hey bud, I'm in Toronto too - just ordered a c63 amg (non-S) and unfortunately the 19-20 combo wasn't an available option for the non-S. If it was I would have definitely opted for it...just looks more balanced to my eyes. My only slight disappointment.
And yes, I'm with you, I'm already dreading the first pot-hole..
Old 08-12-2016, 07:58 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Vagabondo
Hey bud, I'm in Toronto too - just ordered a c63 amg (non-S) and unfortunately the 19-20 combo wasn't an available option for the non-S. If it was I would have definitely opted for it...just looks more balanced to my eyes. My only slight disappointment.
And yes, I'm with you, I'm already dreading the first pot-hole..

Again, there's no need for anyone to be disappointed with their purchase because their non S lacked the 19"//20" option. Custom forged wheels can be made for you in that setup and YOU get to pick a style and design that is unique to you not the same 'ol dealer offerings that everyone has.

Last edited by thewb; 08-13-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG 2014 W204
These are mixed wheels. 19 front 20 rear

These are reallynnice. C63s edition 1
Old 05-15-2018, 05:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Nvm, thread back in 2016..