Wheels-tyres combo - help highly appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C63s coupe
Wheels-tyres combo - help highly appreciated

Hi everyone,

Im new here, have a C63s coupe on order. I will post full spec/review when car arrives. My production date is set to 1st november 2016. Today, I got call from AD, that tomorrow (5th oct CET) will be last day to make any changes. (not heavy like ed1 etc.) Of course, I was in contact with them last weeks and asked about tyres comming on my car. Didnt get any answer till now. According to my knowledge, there are 2 different tyre types going from MB factory on C63s coupe. Some Dunlops and Michelin Pilot SuperSport. I would like to have on this powerfull car Michelines - which I also have currently on my cars and Im extremly pleased with them.
Now, can anybody confirm, that is there any connection between different wheels set and tyres fitted?
I like standard 5 spoke 19inch AMG wheels most, but if fitted with no M PSS tyres, maybe I will change to forged 19/20 option.

Attached pics to make things more clear... My spec as seen - obsidian Black with no night package, no carbon fiber.

My AD have no clue about this things, keep telling me that they cannot specify tyres type and cannot obtain any info from factory..
So this is my last chance to make sure, Im gonna get what I want for my money.

Can You pls report what wheels/tyres kombo did Your car come with?

Also, any opinion about the look with this 2 wheels option is warmly wellcome.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Wheels-tyres combo - help highly appreciated-iris-1-.jpg   Wheels-tyres combo - help highly appreciated-iris-3-.jpg   Wheels-tyres combo - help highly appreciated-iris-2-.jpg   Wheels-tyres combo - help highly appreciated-iris.jpg  
Old 10-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by diewithme
Hi everyone,

Im new here, have a C63s coupe on order. I will post full spec/review when car arrives. My production date is set to 1st november 2016. Today, I got call from AD, that tomorrow (5th oct CET) will be last day to make any changes. (not heavy like ed1 etc.) Of course, I was in contact with them last weeks and asked about tyres comming on my car. Didnt get any answer till now. According to my knowledge, there are 2 different tyre types going from MB factory on C63s coupe. Some Dunlops and Michelin Pilot SuperSport. I would like to have on this powerfull car Michelines - which I also have currently on my cars and Im extremly pleased with them.
Now, can anybody confirm, that is there any connection between different wheels set and tyres fitted?
I like standard 5 spoke 19inch AMG wheels most, but if fitted with no M PSS tyres, maybe I will change to forged 19/20 option.

Attached pics to make things more clear... My spec as seen - obsidian Black with no night package, no carbon fiber.

My AD have no clue about this things, keep telling me that they cannot specify tyres type and cannot obtain any info from factory..
So this is my last chance to make sure, Im gonna get what I want for my money.

Can You pls report what wheels/tyres kombo did Your car come with?

Also, any opinion about the look with this 2 wheels option is warmly wellcome.

Cheers
First of all lovely spec and welcome to the C63 Coupe gang, personally not a fan of the standard rims, prefer the cross spoke in matte black (but the titanium finish is nice also!)

First of all, my dealer also told me the same that they cannot specify or request what tyres you'll get with the car (which is a pretty lame excuse).

I have the 19/20" staggered forged matte black rim setup. My car came with Michelin PSS tyres. However I've seen other coupes with either Continental or Dunlop tyres, not sure why this is. I have the speed limiter removed on mine (AMG Driver's Package) which might be the reason.
The following users liked this post:
diewithme (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 12:06 PM

2017 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Trim105
First of all lovely spec and welcome to the C63 Coupe gang, personally not a fan of the standard rims, prefer the cross spoke in matte black (but the titanium finish is nice also!)

First of all, my dealer also told me the same that they cannot specify or request what tyres you'll get with the car (which is a pretty lame excuse).

I have the 19/20" staggered forged matte black rim setup. My car came with Michelin PSS tyres. However I've seen other coupes with either Continental or Dunlop tyres, not sure why this is. I have the speed limiter removed on mine (AMG Driver's Package) which might be the reason.
Thanx for wellcome aswell for reply!

I like black rims a lot, but with black obsidian metallic paint the car is aproaching slight "mafiacar" look(dont get me wrong, I actualy like it) and have my reasons (will clarify later in review) to go with absolute conservative setup - black with chrome details and light wheels.

As far, as my research goes till now, it seems that only customers with 19/20 rims are getting Michelines.. i could be wrong though. Whats more, i wish i was wrong
Old 10-04-2016, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Congrats on the order!

I've got Michelin PSS on my coupe (19/20) which was lucky... the one I test drive had Conti's.

You also have an option of having performance tires for an added extra - The will slap on some Michelin Pilot cups. But I've heard that's not the best in the rain so I didn't opt for that.

We don't get the 19 only option here in Oz... so can't comment on that.

I'd get the 19/20 option - it looks much better IMO.

Last edited by Sanch; 10-04-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:46 PM

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
2015 C63 AMG S Edition 1, 2021 GLS63, 2020 McLaren 600LT Spider
No matter which tire you get, the car will easily over power them in warm, dry conditions. Mine came with the PSS set up and I am in Reno, NV which means I get cold weather, snow, and rain. These Michelins are horrible in any temp less than ~45F and when you add rain to the mix at that temp, they are darn near dangerous. I was driving in rain one day at around 35mph when the temp was about 45. Braked normally for a turn and went into full ABS and missed my turn. Once I got home, I order a set of winter tires. Not that this helps with your current decision but some other considerations for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by kfehling:
auditoamg (10-28-2016), diewithme (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 01:34 AM

2017 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
Congrats on the order!

I've got Michelin PSS on my coupe (19/20) which was lucky... the one I test drive had Conti's.

You also have an option of having performance tires for an added extra - The will slap on some Michelin Pilot cups. But I've heard that's not the best in the rain so I didn't opt for that.

We don't get the 19 only option here in Oz... so can't comment on that.

I'd get the 19/20 option - it looks much better IMO.
Sanch,

Thank You for respond!

The car, You testdrove, was it C63s coupe?

As far, as we speak about performance tires, i know about this option, that are Pilot Sport Cup 2. As You stated, those are not good in rainy weather, so Im gonna skip them, as this is gonna be my daily driver.

My research continues.. So till know, this is what i figured : with mixed setup (19/20) there is a chance to get Michelines, but I never saw a car on 19/19 with Michelines.
Can anybody with 19/19 confirm that? I have about 8 hours to make any change to my order. God, this is anoying like ****..

PS. Never saw in person wheels You ve got, only in config, but there they look very bright. On Your pics, however, they look very nice, darker, like titanium finish.. Im starting to like them a lot..
Old 10-05-2016, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Sanch,

Thank You for respond!

The car, You testdrove, was it C63s coupe?

As far, as we speak about performance tires, i know about this option, that are Pilot Sport Cup 2. As You stated, those are not good in rainy weather, so Im gonna skip them, as this is gonna be my daily driver.

My research continues.. So till know, this is what i figured : with mixed setup (19/20) there is a chance to get Michelines, but I never saw a car on 19/19 with Michelines.
Can anybody with 19/19 confirm that? I have about 8 hours to make any change to my order. God, this is anoying like ****..

PS. Never saw in person wheels You ve got, only in config, but there they look very bright. On Your pics, however, they look very nice, darker, like titanium finish.. Im starting to like them a lot..
Yes, it was a c63s coupe.

The titanium wheels are great, I'm loving them.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:52 AM

2017 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by kfehling
No matter which tire you get, the car will easily over power them in warm, dry conditions. Mine came with the PSS set up and I am in Reno, NV which means I get cold weather, snow, and rain. These Michelins are horrible in any temp less than ~45F and when you add rain to the mix at that temp, they are darn near dangerous. I was driving in rain one day at around 35mph when the temp was about 45. Braked normally for a turn and went into full ABS and missed my turn. Once I got home, I order a set of winter tires. Not that this helps with your current decision but some other considerations for you.
Hi buddy,

Thx for help! Im aware, that any such powerfull rear wheel drive car will stress any but slick racing tire badly. What we cant deny, is that for street driving, Michelin PPS are far better than any competition in sum.
We get mostly medium to warm weather during the year, and for 4 remaining months, im gonna get winter tires. So no concerns about driving in cold conditions.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:49 PM

2017 C63s coupe
Thanx everyone for effort, I ve closed my order changing wheels to 19/20 forged combo.
They are beautiful and at least, they give me a reasonable chance to get PSS tyres.
1.11.2016 is the DAY, keep fingers crossed to complete car as I specified (with backup camera, folding mirrors etc. )
Old 10-05-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR
Great spec! Black with chrome / titanium is not something we have seen much on the coupe.

I have made a special request to MB to fit my car with PSS and they confirmed it. I didn't want the Continentals which are also fitted on the 19/20" wheels.

Fingers crossed for your delivery
diewithme (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 01:02 AM

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
2015 C63 AMG S Edition 1, 2021 GLS63, 2020 McLaren 600LT Spider
Can't wait for your photos....you will post photos right!?
diewithme (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 AM

2017 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Genoshin
Great spec! Black with chrome / titanium is not something we have seen much on the coupe.

I have made a special request to MB to fit my car with PSS and they confirmed it. I didn't want the Continentals which are also fitted on the 19/20" wheels.

Fingers crossed for your delivery
Thanx! I like dark colour on cars, should be nice

What?? How did they manage to do that?? I have requestet several times my AD, but got answer that they cannot do anything about it. No option provided through their ordering software, no place to put any such request, no reply from factory. Only possibility to change tyre is order high performance Pilot Sport Cup 2. (As a daily driver,this is no go for me)
Do You have some sort of agreemant/confirmation either from AD or MB itself You can post here?? Would be pretty helpful to push my AD to corner!
Old 10-06-2016, 01:23 AM

2017 C63s coupe
Can't wait for your photos....you will post photos right!?
Thank You for interest!

Sure, I will post photos as soon as I get my girl (should be on the end of november/begining of december if everything goes fine) .

Full review with more and better photos will come up later. I will be in US from 4.1.2017 till 14.1.2017, in meantime, she will be getting highest spec Modesta ceramic coating.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Thank You for interest!

Sure, I will post photos as soon as I get my girl (should be on the end of november/begining of december if everything goes fine) .

Full review with more and better photos will come up later. I will be in US from 4.1.2017 till 14.1.2017, in meantime, she will be getting highest spec Modesta ceramic coating.
Good Choice!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:04 AM

2017 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
Good Choice!
Thanks a lot! Cant wait to see her
Old 10-24-2016, 02:25 AM

2017 C63s coupe
LOL someone has stolen my config need to wait 4 more weeks ughhh (if everything goes fine)

Old 10-24-2016, 02:35 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
cant wait to see her ! keep us posted my friend
diewithme (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 02:37 AM

2017 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by SBH-
cant wait to see her ! keep us posted my friend
I will, for sure!
Old 10-28-2016, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
What tires did you order and did you get a new set of rims to swap, as well???