C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
Looks like a coupe based on the profile. I was told I have a 10/14 build date but I got a sedan so I'm hoping I am not missing mirrors or a backup camera
Old 10-13-2016, 11:04 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
Coupe or Sedan?

coupe with build date 10/14
Old 10-15-2016, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I don't have acoustic glass 851 listed on mine.. I guess Mercedes just builds them with the parts they have available at the time.. if they're not in stock they say screw it!!
Is acoustic glass standard? Where is it listed as standard? My car doesn't have it (along with not having power folding mirrors).
Old 10-21-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe
My fears, unfortunately have come true. Daimler built my C63s Coupe without power folding mirrors! This was discovered at the Sindelfingen site where I was supposed to go pick it up in two weeks. My dealer rep was kind enough to offer me three options: 1. Take as is. 2. Accept another build date (~mid Nov). 3. Cancel the order altogether. The dealer's management was very professional and kind enough to offer me a small bit of cash incentive as a kind gesture though (even though it's really not their fault). This is very disappointing and makes me extremely pissed at Daimler.

My big concern is not the delay or the fact that I have to wait a month or two longer. What really concerns me here is the lack of quality control. If they can't get something like this right, how in the heck can I trust them to build my car right? What else did they forget? Right now, I'm leaning heavily towards cancelling this purchase.
The following users liked this post:
jhillman (10-21-2016)
Old 10-21-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
I suspect it's not QC. A business decision was made, probably from lack of parts, to proceed with the builds without the power folding mirrors. That's why in an earlier post, someone showed that the Premium 3 package code was switched for an equivalent package that didn't have the mirrors.

It was a conscious decision.

What should've happened was a communication to go along with it to inform buyers waiting on their builds.. instead of trying to sneak one through.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Mercedes doesn't communicate to there dealers... the c43 for example have been sitting at VPC ports for months and dealers have no idea when there customers will receive them..
Old 10-21-2016, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
My Coupe was also built without power folding mirrors... so add me to the list. I discovered this as I was picking up at the factory in Sindelfingen (I checked for it because of this thread). The lady who was showing me my car had no explanation for why it was missing (I ordered the P03 package).

I'm already in contact with the GM at my dealership. The dealership was never made aware of this change, so it does in fact look like it was a conscious decision made by MB because of a parts shortage.

They are waiting to hear back from MBUSA regarding my options, but it looks like I will either have the option of re-ordering my Coupe, or accepting it as is with some sort of compensation.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by vaelin
I suspect it's not QC. A business decision was made, probably from lack of parts, to proceed with the builds without the power folding mirrors. That's why in an earlier post, someone showed that the Premium 3 package code was switched for an equivalent package that didn't have the mirrors.

What should've happened was a communication to go along with it to inform buyers waiting on their builds.. instead of trying to sneak one through.
If it was a conscious decision, how is that MBUSA and my dealership are responding, in my case, as if it's a one-off scenario and I'm the first they've heard of this? I'm less surprised the dealership was not aware, but MBUSA is treating me like this is the first they've heard of the issue. There should be some coordinated response and resolution from MB on how they plan to address this issue for all. There are at least 3 people from the US on this forum I've heard of with this issue, and now one from Europe. I'm dumbfounded.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C63S.
I'm a member of the new Power Mirror Club too

Picked my C63s last week in Atlanta and alas no Folding Mirrors. Window sticker and Build Sheet say they are there. But, they ain't. Dealer was mortified. And, after called MB they were told that Folding Mirrors have been dropped for all builds. Unsure if this is going to be permanent ? MB told the Dealer GM to offer me $100. Dealer took it upon themselves to offer me considerably more.

I showed the GM the threads from this Forum and I completely believe he and the rest of the dealers staff had no idea re: that there has been an epidemic of missing Folding Mirrors.

GM mentioned they just received 2 S Class cars with missing backup cameras. And! HUDs.

Folding Mirrors was part of the reason I opted for the Option packages as I really needed them to address my home parking situation. Have it on my other cars (Audi and Fords) so am definitely pissed this feature has been dropped with no way for the dealers to retrofit. Well, at least I have a backup camera....

Car is awesome in every other regard so I will get over my disappointment.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
Originally Posted by Esrh1
Picked my C63s last week in Atlanta and alas no Folding Mirrors. Window sticker and Build Sheet say they are there. But, they ain't. Dealer was mortified. And, after called MB they were told that Folding Mirrors have been dropped for all builds. Unsure if this is going to be permanent ? MB told the Dealer GM to offer me $100. Dealer took it upon themselves to offer me considerably more.

I showed the GM the threads from this Forum and I completely believe he and the rest of the dealers staff had no idea re: that there has been an epidemic of missing Folding Mirrors.

GM mentioned they just received 2 S Class cars with missing backup cameras. And! HUDs.

Folding Mirrors was part of the reason I opted for the Option packages as I really needed them to address my home parking situation. Have it on my other cars (Audi and Fords) so am definitely pissed this feature has been dropped with no way for the dealers to retrofit. Well, at least I have a backup camera....

Coupe or Sedan?

Wow I feel fortunate that mine showed up with power folding mirrors (backup camera is part of the 360 option). My parking situation doesn't call for it, but it is nice how the car kind of "powers down" when locked. That is a total bummer.

Build date was in Sept. of this year.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
ED1 e63S
This is really unprofessional and embarrassing for Mercedes. Not only in the way people are finding out but not being prepared and offering buyers appropriate restitution. These are $90k cars, if you are shelling out that much, you deserve better than this!
Old 10-21-2016, 05:04 PM

2017 C63S.
Coupe or Sedan?

Coupe. I ordered every option. $100k+. But, no folding mirrors.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG

Missing backup camera on a S class! if they did it knowingly, just like the missing power mirror scenario, then I would like to know what they are smoking. I can see owners compromise a little bit when it boils down to the mirrors. But with missing camera, i suspect the S class will roll off the lot.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:25 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
.... And, after called MB they were told that Folding Mirrors have been dropped for all builds. Unsure if this is going to be permanent ? ....
This seems very unlikely, especially since some September builds were delivered with the feature, and some were not. Another test would be to see if a salesperson today can successfully build and confirm a new order in Netstar for a C63S coupe with the Premium Package 2 that includes the power-folding mirrors. What a mess. BTW, I spoke with MBUSA again today, and all she could tell me was there was a case open and to expect a response from my salesperson at the dealership. I indicated there were other C63S coupes without the mirrors recently delivered in the US as I had discovered on this forum, and she indicated she was only aware of my particular case.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
Looks like this is a Coupe issue.

My dealer confirmed that my 10/14 sedan build (C63), has folding mirrors, back up camera and HUD. I have been forthright and said if anything is missing from build that I will not take delivery.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s

My dealer confirmed that my 10/14 sedan build (C63), has folding mirrors, back up camera and HUD. I have been forthright and said if anything is missing from build that I will not take delivery.
Yes, I imagine it would be as the doors are different. I suspect, that it's just the door switching system that's the issue.... I'm dumbfounded to use the world choice from earlier in this thread.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 GLC 63
NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS

Ordered C63s Coupe a few weeks ago. Car had folding mirrors, but found out today not on build. Car will be here in 2 weeks. This is my first MB, coming from BMW and I find it strange that you build and order a car and then MB changes build. I would prefer to wait to have the car I wanted. Dealer took another $1,500 off my deal for a total $4,400 off MSRP. I originally wanted ventilated seats but was told that I would have to wait until Dec. If MB does not have the parts then don't sell the car. Never had this issue with BMW.

Test drove Edition 1. Great car but what were they thinking with the yellow treatment. I like the matte finish, would have loved to have this as on optional paint, but in the USA not on option. Also no brown leather interior option? For $90k car MB should have more options.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:46 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by dviolagis
Ordered C63s Coupe a few weeks ago. Car had folding mirrors, but found out today not on build. Car will be here in 2 weeks. This is my first MB, coming from BMW and I find it strange that you build and order a car and then MB changes build. I would prefer to wait to have the car I wanted. Dealer took another $1,500 off my deal for a total $4,400 off MSRP. I originally wanted ventilated seats but was told that I would have to wait until Dec. If MB does not have the parts then don't sell the car. Never had this issue with BMW.

Test drove Edition 1. Great car but what were they thinking with the yellow treatment. I like the matte finish, would have loved to have this as on optional paint, but in the USA not on option. Also no brown leather interior option? For $90k car MB should have more options.
agree completely, my car will be here in 2 weeks, it's already missing power folding mirrors (which my BASE c300 loaner has). The dealer gave me 4 years free maintenance, which is about 2500 or so, so I think that's a fair trade. However, if that car comes without ventilated seats (must have in houston), or it doesn't have a rear view camera, I'm done with it and leasing an M6 coupe.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 SAAB NG9-5 Aero 2.8T XWD
I've been pricing out the C63 Sedan for about a month and noted that for 2017, Power Folding Mirrors was listed as STANDARD equipment. Now on MBUSA it only shows it as OPTIONAL under Premium Packing 4. Anyone else notice this?
Old 10-25-2016, 08:17 AM

C63
Originally Posted by dcpattie
I've been pricing out the C63 Sedan for about a month and noted that for 2017, Power Folding Mirrors was listed as STANDARD equipment. Now on MBUSA it only shows it as OPTIONAL under Premium Packing 4. Anyone else notice this?
Last time I used the build module, it was standard. Thankfully for me, I selected the Premium package 4. I love me some gadgets!!!
Old 10-25-2016, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Last time I used the build module, it was standard. Thankfully for me, I selected the Premium package 4. I love me some gadgets!!!
Yeah, good luck with that. I'm a nerd and love me some gadgets, too. But with how things have been going, I am certain MBZ cannot get parts for everything at the same time. So, you'll spec a custom order and SOMETHING will not be built into the spec you've requested.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:10 PM

C63
Originally Posted by auditoamg
Yeah, good luck with that. I'm a nerd and love me some gadgets, too. But with how things have been going, I am certain MBZ cannot get parts for everything at the same time. So, you'll spec a custom order and SOMETHING will not be built into the spec you've requested.
Dealer assures me it's all there. If not, they get to find another buyer for this car!
Old 10-25-2016, 06:23 PM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by vaelin

It is a QC decision to an extent. Quality control systems are in place to prevent things like this from happening. QC is supposed to throw a hissy fit and prevent these cars from leaving the factory missing parts. However, that is clearly not happening.

I also believe QC is severely lacking on these cars in general. I dropped my C63S sedan off today (15 days and 348mi after picking it up) to have the rear trunk spoiler, both night package side trim pieces, and part of the front bumper/splitter replaced. They are all starting to fall off the car. I know people have had this issue before, but this is now the 3rd year of production on these cars. You would think they would have found some better tape/glue/whatever.

I know your pain. My car didn't get a back-up camera.

Did you pick your car up on the 10th from MB of Buckhead? I got my sedan that day as someone took delivery of a C63S coupe (Selenite with CCBs and CF package). Our sales guy told us that the coupe was missing the power folding mirrors. I think he was trying to make me feel better?
The following users liked this post:
Esrh1 (10-26-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
On a C300 Coupe..Power Mirrors come in the P2's and up. Same thing here with this car. I have 3 Coupe's coming in, all sold, that were October builds. I hope they have them.

As to the comment about dealers not knowing about the C43 release... The government has to stamp every vehicle with a EPA approval. It has nothing to do with MB; it's strickly up the government. The S Convertible sat at the VPC for 5 months before release.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:34 PM

2014 Audi S4

This! I'm going to email my dealership tomorrow and put them on notice. If the options are not installed, I will not take delivery. /end

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!