C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

So my dealer just contacted me..... They have been great.
MBZ decided to build and ship my car, without notice to the dealer or me prior to completion, that they were deleting the power folding mirrors from my custom build.
Car is awaiting load onto a ship.
What makes this even worse, I have a trade that is going to continue to devalue if I make them re-order the car.

Adding insult to injury - they only took $150 off the MSRP of a $90K car for power folding mirrors???

AYFKM?

Any suggestions here... I've already reached out to MBUSA.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C63S
Welcome to the club. My car arrived with out the rear-view camera, which is standard equipment. Only gave me $200 off. When I called MBUSA they said to talk to the sales manager at my dealer first.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Not sure if you saw my post, but the same thing happened to me. My car was delivered last week, and that night when I got home I realized the power-folding mirrors were missing. My dealer has contacted MBUSA, as has another user on the forums here, and apparently there were 10 cars produced with this missing feature by mistake. You are now the 3rd out of 10 I suppose. My dealer is researching whether the parts can be ordered and retrofitted to the car. Should be possible. Before exploring that option further, they offered me a $1,000 credit for the mistake. $150 off is ridiculous. I hope you didn't accept that!
Old 10-06-2016, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by jhillman
Not sure if you saw my post, but the same thing happened to me. My car was delivered last week, and that night when I got home I realized the power-folding mirrors were missing. My dealer has contacted MBUSA, as has another user on the forums here, and apparently there were 10 cars produced with this missing feature by mistake. You are now the 3rd out of 10 I suppose. My dealer is researching whether the parts can be ordered and retrofitted to the car. Should be possible. Before exploring that option further, they offered me a $1,000 credit for the mistake. $150 off is ridiculous. I hope you didn't accept that!
I told the dealer it was ridiculous.
I've already got a call into MBUSA.
I'm not accepting that.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by auditoamg
So my dealer just contacted me..... They have been great.
MBZ decided to build and ship my car, without notice to the dealer or me prior to completion, that they were deleting the power folding mirrors from my custom build.
Car is awaiting load onto a ship.
What makes this even worse, I have a trade that is going to continue to devalue if I make them re-order the car.

Adding insult to injury - they only took $150 off the MSRP of a $90K car for power folding mirrors???

AYFKM?

Any suggestions here... I've already reached out to MBUSA.
I'm having the same issue too. Ordered the car in August 1st and waited till today for the heads up display & black ash wood trim. Finished production today and it turns out the car will be coming without power folding mirrors. The option P03 was changed Q03 without notifying me, nor the dealer at the very last moment.

I tried asking the dealer for compensation, a cash incentive, or a retrofit (preferred, they screwed up in the first place), but they refused and said they would gladly give my deposit back. How preposterous!

I contacted MBUSA and am still waiting for their reply.

I currently drive a BMW and their dealers are much easier to deal with than MBs. I'm very disappointed in MB tbh, I thought MBs are superior than BMWs since I was little, guess times have changed.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:04 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
Did have the back-up camera?
Old 10-07-2016, 12:23 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Dthquazi
Did have the back-up camera?
Yes, no issues there.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:18 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Very worrying.

It seems these 'mis-builds' are mainly cars destined for North America.
It's very wrong.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
I'm hoping the dealer is right and it's not missing anything else...
Old 10-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Very worrying.

It's very wrong.
I'm amazed at the number of defective cars leaving their factories.

And yes I do mean defective. Leaving the factory without parts is a defect.

Just think about buying a laptop and finding out the web-camera or other component is missing. You would go back to Best Buy or call CS and say I got a defective laptop, now give me a new one.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:21 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Honestly, can't really ding MB for this because I've seen other manufacturers ship unfinished or faulty products like these. I took delivery of an Acura TLX for a family member, only to realize that all ]2016 models have a 1 in 5 chance of experiencing major highway vibration due to faulty tires / rims / axles - I've been cited all three of those things. The jury is still out on the fix.

My new lesson is that before buying a car, make it a clause with your deposit that if the car is not built to specification at the time of delivery, the dealership will provide you with a loaner until you get one that is. I'm sure someone will be willing to comply?
Old 10-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
I gotta ask - why do you care so much about power folding mirrors? Of what value are they in the USA? I get it in Europe where parking spots can be so tight the mirrors must be folded to get the car into the spot. But here in the land of the dualie pickup truck - not so much.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
How did you know that it didn't have the mirrors?

My 2017 C63s (not a custom build) has not yet been received by the dealer yet and I didn't see power folding mirrors in the spec sheet he sent me. It DOES have the P04 option which includes them according to MBUSA.

Car is already completely paid for and they receive it on Monday, 10/10. I guess I'll find out then...
Old 10-07-2016, 11:38 AM

C63s
Originally Posted by Mikey_boy

My 2017 C63s (not a custom build) has not yet been received by the dealer yet and I didn't see power folding mirrors in the spec sheet he sent me. It DOES have the P04 option which includes them according to MBUSA.

Car is already completely paid for and they receive it on Monday, 10/10. I guess I'll find out then...
I have the same issue. MBUSA/Dealer order guide all say the package comes with power folding mirrors but the spec sheet I received from the dealer doesn't have it listed. I pick up the car and it does not have power folding mirrors. So based on that, I am going to guess that your car will not have them.

To clarify - by spec sheet, I do not mean the window sticker. I mean the confirmation I received via email from my SA. I haven't checked but I'm sure the window sticker shows power folding mirrors.

Last edited by csleee; 10-07-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:40 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe

Even my window sticker with my VIN listed "power folding mirrors" under the Premium 3 package details. There was no way to find out they were missing until I looked for the button the night I took the car home from the dealership (i.e., physical inspection). To my count, 4 users including myself have reported this exact issue on their US-delivered C63S coupes. Still hoping for a parts retrofit to resolve this.

Last edited by jhillman; 10-07-2016 at 11:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mikey_boy (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe
Now this really scares me. I was just notified yesterday that my car was just finished, and I'll be able to pick it up in Sindelfingen in about 3 weeks. If my car is part of the same batch with mirrors that don't fold, I'm taking my money back until they build it right. My US-spec car will spend 3 years in Germany and folding mirrors are a must-have feature here, as parking spaces here are mostly EXTREMELY tight.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by jhillman
Even my window sticker with my VIN listed "power folding mirrors" under the Premium 3 package details. There was no way to find out they were missing until I looked for the button the night I took the car home from the dealership (i.e., physical inspection). To my count, 4 users including myself have reported this exact issue on their US-delivered C63S coupes. Still hoping for a parts retrofit to resolve this.

This is what I got in an email form the dealer. Didn't even look too closely for power folding mirrors as it's part of the P04 package. I'm glad I have a friend in the area of the dealer as I'm not going to be there for physical inspection before it goes on a truck to be sent to my home...

​ ​ C63WS ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $72,800
197 ​ Obsidian Black Metallic ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $720
811 ​ Black Nappa Leather w/ Grey Accents ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
H73 ​ AMG Carbon Fiber Trim ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $975
P04 ​ P04 Premium 4 Package: COMAND Navigation and Voice Control, Touchpad ​ ​ $5,700
​ ​ ​ 881 : Electronic Trunk Closer ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 877 : Ambient Lighting (3 Colors) ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 871 : HANDS-FREE ACCESS ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 815 : COMAND DVD Player ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 640 : Active LED Headlamps ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 608 : Adaptive Highbeam Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 540 : Power Rear-Window Sunshade ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 531 : COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 502 : Navigation Map Updates included for 3-years ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 448 : TOUCHPAD ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 300 : PRE-SAFE Brake with Pedestrian Recognition ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 271 : PRE-SAFE Plus ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 269 : Badging on Dashboard ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 268 : BAS PLUS w/Cross Traffic Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 266 : DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 253 : PRE SAFE PLUS ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 238 : Active Lane Keeping Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 237 : Active Blind Spot Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 233 : DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 23P : Driver Assistance Package ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ U71 : DVD Coding ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ P21 : Air Balance Package ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ P17 : HANDS-FREE Comfort Package ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
U78 ​ AMG Performance Exhaust System ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $1,250
Y04 ​ Silver Seat Belts ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
070 ​ Chrome Door Handle Inserts ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $100
413 ​ Panorama Roof ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $1,480
463 ​ Head-Up Display ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $990
5P8 ​ Control code - scheduling & production intro vehicles ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
513 ​ Speed Limit Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
521 ​ 521 AMG Night Package: Front A-Wing, Side Sill Inserts, Exterior ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $750
​ ​ ​ P60 : AMG Night Package ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
770 ​ 19" AMG Cross-Spoke Forged Wheels ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $1,250
851 ​ Acoustic Glass ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
996 ​ 996 Parking Assist Package: PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist an ​ ​ $1,090
​ ​ ​ 501 : Surround View Camera ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ 235 : PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ P44 : Parking Package (RVC & Parktronic) ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ SUBTOTAL ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $87,105
​ ​ ​ DESTINATION & DELIVERY ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $925
​ ​ ​ TOTAL ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ $88,030
Old 10-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
I don't see the mirrors in your emailed list...
Old 10-07-2016, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by vaelin
I don't see the mirrors in your emailed list...
I know, neither to I

There are some options on P04 that aren't listed as well so I'm hoping it's just not listed in the email list here.

If it doesn't have it, I guess I could just refuse delivery and they will have to refund my $ (PAID ALL IN FULL) or find me another car. Otherwise, I'll have to take delivery and hope that MBUSA finds a way to retrofit....and I REALLY don't want to wait.

Update: was able to look on Carid and see the build by VIN number. I see this line...may be good...

Last edited by Mikey_boy; 10-07-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
I know, neither to I

There are some options on P04 that aren't listed as well so I'm hoping it's just not listed in the email list here.

If it doesn't have it, I guess I could just refuse delivery and they will have to refund my $ (PAID ALL IN FULL) or find me another car. Otherwise, I'll have to take delivery and hope that MBUSA finds a way to retrofit....and I REALLY don't want to wait.

Update: was able to look on Carid and see the build by VIN number. I see this line...may be good...
How are you able to check that with your VIN? I have my VIN and I'm picking up my Coupe in Sindelfingen for Euro Delivery on Monday and I will be LIVID if I have any options missing -- I delayed my build over a month over the black ash and 360 degree camera supply issue, and my sales rep promised me everything would be included in my build. I've already paid my car in full with cash.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 PM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Based on what I've seen, this issue has only affected the coupes, not the sedans.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
How are you able to check that with your VIN? I have my VIN and I'm picking up my Coupe in Sindelfingen for Euro Delivery on Monday and I will be LIVID if I have any options missing -- I delayed my build over a month over the black ash and 360 degree camera supply issue, and my sales rep promised me everything would be included in my build. I've already paid my car in full with cash.
Found it on THIS site. Can only search 3 VINs per day for free, but it was VERY helpful when searching for cars on autotrader when they didn't provide much info.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM

2017 C43 AMG
A week before end production date:
Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!-img_0184.jpg

The VIN sheet I received after finishing production:
Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!-img_0182.jpg

WTF?
Old 10-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by travishalliday
A week before end production date:
Attachment 340928

The VIN sheet I received after finishing production:
Attachment 340927

WTF?
Yes, seriously! WTF?

Oh and BTW, if you're near Fairfield, I live about 1 hour from there. Just bought our Denali from Walnut Creek
Old 10-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Very worrying.

It's very wrong.
my car has the sport package and was built by accident with the lifted comfort suspension - best part is its not even that comfortable. I have no idea how they make these mistakes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!