C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
You are incorrect. It is not an easy FIX. It involves removing the door panels, a wiring harness, removing the mirrors, reprogramming the computer, plus more. I've spoken to two MB service managers who recommended NOT trying a retrofit. It is more complicated and they may run into more issues when they attempt it. In addition, MB sent me a liability waiver asking me to waive my rights to ALL future problems with the vehicle in order to TRY to retrofit. I've consulted with an attorney who reviewed the contract after this last stunt from MB. I've been dealing with this since November. I'm ready to proceed with legal action if necessary. Did you purchase a car without the folding side mirrors? If so, please share your story.

Originally Posted by Mbm6f
Based on reading several posts in this thread, it isn't as simple as it should be. Seems like even if the fix is easy, getting them to do it is not.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
Because I PAID for the folding side mirrors...need I say more? When was the last time you paid for something and said...oh, I'll pay for it but you keep the product.

It is fraud that MB is selling cars without components printed on the window sticker. Buyers are paying for these things!!!

Originally Posted by Shadow5501
I gotta ask - why do you care so much about power folding mirrors? Of what value are they in the USA? I get it in Europe where parking spots can be so tight the mirrors must be folded to get the car into the spot. But here in the land of the dualie pickup truck - not so much.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:46 AM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
No. I didn't accept the $150 nor will I ever. In addition MB is trying to have me sign a full waiver of all future issues with the car in order to inspect the vehicle for a POSSIBLE retrofit. I had an attorney review the contract. It is total garbage. No one in their right mind would sign such a document. See my previous posts...MB service managers do not recommend trying the retrofit.

Originally Posted by kaosnhavasu
I am one of the 10 buyers!!! I have been trying to work with MB since November about this issue with NO resolution. They sent me the release they demand I sign in order to inspect the car to see if the mirrors could be retrofit. I had an attorney read it - what a joke! By signing the release I would release them not only from the mirror issue but any future issue with the car. That won't be happening. I'm ready to move forward with legal action. If there is anyone out there in the same situation, please contact me ASAP. I purchased the P3 package on a 2017 MB C43 and didn't get what I paid for. The window sticker clearly states the folding side mirrors are part of the package. Contact me for further details.

FYI I was also offered $150 for their mistake. I've researched and spoken to several MB service managers. The retrofit is NOT recommended and the $150 is laughable. Check out the parts catalog pricing. Service said you would be looking at a door panel replacement, motor and wiring harness for the missing parts, redo of the chip plus many more things. Do not do it!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
I'm glad things worked out well in your case. If there is anyone interested in this forum, I am more than happy to share the waiver release MB corporate said that I would be asked to sign in order for MB to inspect the vehicle for a possible retrofit.

I paid for $5,000 extra for the P3 package.

Originally Posted by jhillman
Absolutely not. There was no mention of any release by MBUSA or my local dealership. Any such release would be unlawful and wrong...releasing MB of any future problem w/ the vehicle?? That's crazy. They're giving you the run-around. Unfortunately, my experience has been working with my local dealer and management has been much more effective than working with MBUSA. They are horrible, unfortunately, based on my experience.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:06 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
MB corporate is not even sure the motor for the side folding mirrors was installed. Since the button on the door is not present either, the entire door panel would need to be replace along with the possibility of installing the motor, wiring harness, removing the mirrors, chip change, and whatever else may be involved.

Originally Posted by NYCBenz
I guess it all depends on what dealer you take it to.

MBUSA is very aware of the situation, however I assume most dealers don't care to ask Corporate for the fix.

Instead of complaining to MBUSA, take it to your dealer and tell them to install the switch (as the motors are already installed in car itself).

When I worked at MB Manhattan, the first C43 Coupe to come to the US did not have the switch installed, and I was shocked (as well as my client).

After a few quick emails, we were informed that a "few" of the early cars (I assume around 30-50) ran out of the Power Folding Mirror Switch during production, so they were shipped without them.

We were able to source a switch from another dealer, and we got it installed.

MBUSA covered the installation charge, and they WILL cover it on any C43 Coupe that had the Option during the build.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:16 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
Crazy!?! After trying to work with MB for the 3 1/2 months, MB should be stepping up to correct or compensate those of us who purchased a defective MB vehicle instead or giving the run around and asking to sign a "waiver release" The way they are treating people when the problem is their own is extremely frustrating. So much for the excitment of a new car buy when instead you are dealing with MB staff, reading a legal contract, and seeking legal advice for something you didn't do.

You guys are acting crazy. I understand you ordered the car with Power Folding Mirrors, and it did not come with them.

The FIX is very easy, and MB foots the bill.

All they do is install the switch, everything works as it should after that.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:23 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
You are incorrect. It is not an easy FIX. It involves removing the door panels, a wiring harness, removing the mirrors, reprogramming the computer, plus more. I've spoken to two MB service managers who recommended NOT trying a retrofit. It is more complicated and they may run into more issues when they attempt it. In addition, MB sent me a liability waiver asking me to waive my rights to ALL future problems with the vehicle in order to TRY to retrofit. I've consulted with an attorney who reviewed the contract after this last stunt from MB. I've been dealing with this since November. I'm ready to proceed with legal action if necessary. Did you purchase a car without the folding side mirrors? If so, please share your story.
I was agreeing with you. Trust me I'm no fan of MB CS either.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:25 PM

6x6 | 4x4
MB corporate is not even sure the motor for the side folding mirrors was installed. Since the button on the door is not present either, the entire door panel would need to be replace along with the possibility of installing the motor, wiring harness, removing the mirrors, chip change, and whatever else may be involved.
All of the cars that were P3 which did NOT come with the "Power Folding Mirrors" HAVE the motors already installed in the door.

Again, all you need is the Switch...they ran out of the switch during production, so all of the P3 cars were built WITH the motors already installed.

instead of arguing with people at the CAC, who are obviously not informed of the issue, go to your dealer, have them order a switch, and then have them install your switch.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:01 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
You must know more than MB corporate office...because the have admitted until an inspection is completed, they are NOT sure the motor was installed at all.

All of the cars that were P3 which did NOT come with the "Power Folding Mirrors" HAVE the motors already installed in the door.

Again, all you need is the Switch...they ran out of the switch during production, so all of the P3 cars were built WITH the motors already installed.

instead of arguing with people at the CAC, who are obviously not informed of the issue, go to your dealer, have them order a switch, and then have them install your switch.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:02 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
Oh, my apology. I'm extremely frustrated with MB. I just sent them my final email before proceeding with legal representation.

Thank you.

QUOTE=Mbm6f;7074934]I was agreeing with you. Trust me I'm no fan of MB CS either.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-05-2017, 01:57 PM

6x6 | 4x4
You must know more than MB corporate office...because the have admitted until an inspection is completed, they are NOT sure the motor was installed at all.
Yes, I worked for MB Manhattan (which is the only MBUSA Corporate Dealer).

I had the first C43 Coupe in the US, which had the same issue as yours.

After a bunch of run around, we were informed that there was a shortage in the Switches, and to have my Client come in once we received a Switch.

We installed the switch, and the mirrors now fold.

Again, instead of all the emails/calls with corporate, just have your Dealer order a switch, and have them install it.

That is all you have to do....
Old 03-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
The dealer seems perfectly content in trying to have corporate resolve the issue. There has been little communication from them. Also, I love 4 hours from the dealer. This has been a hassle from the start. Thanks for the note. I'm glad it worked out for your client.

Yes, I worked for MB Manhattan (which is the only MBUSA Corporate Dealer).

I had the first C43 Coupe in the US, which had the same issue as yours.

After a bunch of run around, we were informed that there was a shortage in the Switches, and to have my Client come in once we received a Switch.

We installed the switch, and the mirrors now fold.

Again, instead of all the emails/calls with corporate, just have your Dealer order a switch, and have them install it.

That is all you have to do....
Old 03-05-2017, 02:48 PM

6x6 | 4x4
The dealer seems perfectly content in trying to have corporate resolve the issue. There has been little communication from them. Also, I love 4 hours from the dealer. This has been a hassle from the start. Thanks for the note. I'm glad it worked out for your client.
Sounds like you are dealing with idiots at the dealer, is there another one that you can try?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:58 PM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
There is another dealer approximately 3 hours away in the other direction. Today I've sent my final email to the dealer and corporate in an attempt to resolve the issue before proceeding with an attorney and legal action. After 3 1/2 months of emails, telephone calls, and seeking an attorney to review a "waiver release" (total garbage that no one in their right mind would sign) they demand I sign in order to do an inspection to see if the retrofit is even possible, I'm done dealing with the entire problem. After this attempt at a resolution, it will be up to attorneys, or a judge or jury to decide.

Again, thank you for your note. I wish my dealer had been upfront about the situation from the beginning instead of hiding behind corporate to communicate with me.

Sounds like you are dealing with idiots at the dealer, is there another one that you can try?