C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by kaosnhavasu
I just purchased a new 2017 MB AMG C43. Although the folding side mirrors IS listed on the window sticker, the car DOES NOT have them which is suppose to be part of the P3 package. I'm disappointed in MBs poor communication and lack of taking responsibility for their dishonest actions.

So far, they have requested a copy of the window sticker and I've been asked to drive 8 hours back to the dealer so they can see if the car is wired for the folding side mirrors. I told them to pick the car up and deliver a car with the options I purchased!!!

While typing this message, I received another call, they offered to pay for an extended warranty. Big deal! No deal! I requested they deliver the vehicle I paid for with the options PAID for. I am NOT having a service technician rip the doors off, break the door seals, and add wiring and a motor.

I've asked her to put their offer in writing so that I can take it to an attorney for legal representation.

After reading other posts here, I now need to go check to see if I have the audio glass!

If another else is experiencing this problem with a new 2017 MB AMG C43, please let me know.
While I found at least 5 people on this forum with missing mirrors on their 2017 C63 coupes across the US, my local dealership informed me they have retrotted SEVERAL 2017s just in my area. There's no telling how many were built missing this feature, and it's unconscionable MBUSA still will not acknowledge this. After 5 weeks of opening a technical case, they came back and said retrofit not possible. WRONG. My dealership did the retrofit next week in 24 hours. Easy.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan
How can someone tell if a car has acoustic glass? I drove a C43 at a dealer this past weekend and when I lowered a window to look at the glass it just looked like regular glass. Is there something to look for? Does anyone have a photo showing some kind of difference in the glass?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 GLC 63
Yes after 3 weeks without car because of a transmission issue. They finally got trany reprogramed and I asked them to add power folding mirrors since the car should have had them. I want to thank Jhillman for advising us on the mirror issue. I had my service done by MB of Silver Spring MD. Great service department.

Regarding the transmission, my problem was shifting in manual mode from 3rd to 4th gear the shift was hard and not smooth. Apparently this is common problem that MB now has a fix for. It took 3 weeks but at least its fixed and I will be compensated for my troubles.
The following users liked this post:
jhillman (12-09-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 AMG C63S
mt[/QUOTE
what dealership did the retrofit of the mirrors and may I ask who you were dealing with at MB corporate. The person I contacted denied ever hearing of an issue with the mirrors.

thanks[/QUOTE]

Spoke with "Maria" at MB Corporate. I do not recall her last name.

Mercedes Benz Plano, Plano, TX did the install on my 2017 AMG C63S flawlessly and took 24-hour turn around.

mt
jhillman (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 02:10 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by dviolagis
Yes after 3 weeks without car because of a transmission issue. They finally got trany reprogramed and I asked them to add power folding mirrors since the car should have had them. I want to thank Jhillman for advising us on the mirror issue. I had my service done by MB of Silver Spring MD. Great service department.

Regarding the transmission, my problem was shifting in manual mode from 3rd to 4th gear the shift was hard and not smooth. Apparently this is common problem that MB now has a fix for. It took 3 weeks but at least its fixed and I will be compensated for my troubles.
any chance you could ask your dealer to pull the service bulletin on this? I too have the 3rd to 4th gear rough shift and would like it fixed.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:09 PM

2018 GLC 63

You want to ask about PTSS Case #89001. AMG engineers discovered an issue with certain vin numbers. I included an image of the job. Car runs fine now.
The following 2 users liked this post by dviolagis:
AlexZTuned (12-09-2016), jkob5 (12-11-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 09:13 PM

2018 GLC 63

Here is the part number for your dealer to add power folding mirrors. My dealer took care of this problem free of charge.
AlexZTuned (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by dviolagis

Here is the part number for your dealer to add power folding mirrors. My dealer took care of this problem free of charge.
Thanks for posting! It doesn't look like new mirrors were ordered, only a window switch and coding. Is that correct? Seems like an easy fix.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:46 PM

2018 GLC 63
That's correct.
AlexZTuned (12-09-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S sedan
Sounds like the motors come installed from the factory and its a matter of the dealer ordering the switchgear and programming. Glad to hear its a simple fix.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Thanks for posting! It doesn't look like new mirrors were ordered, only a window switch and coding. Is that correct? Seems like an easy fix.
Same here.... My dealer it's just ordering the switch and we await its arrival... Funny how the msrp credit for no mirrors was only the amount of the switch...
Old 12-17-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
6x6 | 4x4
FYI, there is a massive back-order on the Switches.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by NYCBenz
FYI, there is a massive back-order on the Switches.
My switch has arrived....
Old 03-02-2017, 12:40 AM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
No Folding Side Mirrors C43 AMG 2017

I am one of the 10 buyers!!! I have been trying to work with MB since November about this issue with NO resolution. They sent me the release they demand I sign in order to inspect the car to see if the mirrors could be retrofit. I had an attorney read it - what a joke! By signing the release I would release them not only from the mirror issue but any future issue with the car. That won't be happening. I'm ready to move forward with legal action. If there is anyone out there in the same situation, please contact me ASAP. I purchased the P3 package on a 2017 MB C43 and didn't get what I paid for. The window sticker clearly states the folding side mirrors are part of the package. Contact me for further details.

FYI I was also offered $150 for their mistake. I've researched and spoken to several MB service managers. The retrofit is NOT recommended and the $150 is laughable. Check out the parts catalog pricing. Service said you would be looking at a door panel replacement, motor and wiring harness for the missing parts, redo of the chip plus many more things. Do not do it!

Originally Posted by jhillman
Not sure if you saw my post, but the same thing happened to me. My car was delivered last week, and that night when I got home I realized the power-folding mirrors were missing. My dealer has contacted MBUSA, as has another user on the forums here, and apparently there were 10 cars produced with this missing feature by mistake. You are now the 3rd out of 10 I suppose. My dealer is researching whether the parts can be ordered and retrofitted to the car. Should be possible. Before exploring that option further, they offered me a $1,000 credit for the mistake. $150 off is ridiculous. I hope you didn't accept that!

Last edited by kaosnhavasu; 03-02-2017 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Additional details added
Old 03-02-2017, 12:51 AM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
C43 Folding Side Mirrors

Contact me if you are still interested. Read my post. I have the names of at least three corporate persons and their telephone numbers. They know they have a problem...they just do not want to resolve it. Let me tell you about the "release" you will be asked to sign. Contact me.[

CODE][/CODE]

Originally Posted by mtsurgery
mt[/QUOTE
what dealership did the retrofit of the mirrors and may I ask who you were dealing with at MB corporate. The person I contacted denied ever hearing of an issue with the mirrors.

thanks
Spoke with "Maria" at MB Corporate. I do not recall her last name.

Mercedes Benz Plano, Plano, TX did the install on my 2017 AMG C63S flawlessly and took 24-hour turn around.

mt[/QUOTE]
jhillman (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
I am one of the 10 buyers!!! I have been trying to work with MB since November about this issue with NO resolution. They sent me the release they demand I sign in order to inspect the car to see if the mirrors could be retrofit. I had an attorney read it - what a joke! By signing the release I would release them not only from the mirror issue but any future issue with the car. That won't be happening. I'm ready to move forward with legal action. If there is anyone out there in the same situation, please contact me ASAP. I purchased the P3 package on a 2017 MB C43 and didn't get what I paid for. The window sticker clearly states the folding side mirrors are part of the package. Contact me for further details.

FYI I was also offered $150 for their mistake. I've researched and spoken to several MB service managers. The retrofit is NOT recommended and the $150 is laughable. Check out the parts catalog pricing. Service said you would be looking at a door panel replacement, motor and wiring harness for the missing parts, redo of the chip plus many more things. Do not do it!
MBUSA after several weeks came back to me with the answer "retrofit is not possible". And that was after me hounding them, calling to try to get a response at least once a week--they never call you back, at least my "customer advocate" didn't. What a joke. I convinced my local dealership's service dept. (w/ help from my sales person) to try to the retrofit. I saw it should be possible from research I had done online and seeing others' experience retrofitting the power-folding mirrors on previous generation MB cars. My svc dept. ordered the necessary parts (mirror housings and replacement driver's side door switch that includes the fold button), and completed the parts retrofit and associated programming update to COMAND within 24 hours. My dealership (MB of Plano)'s service adviser told me they completed several of these retrofits for new C-coupes delivered w/ out the folding mirrors. Don't let them tell you it's not possible. My experience with my 2017 C63S coupe is living proof that it is!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:55 AM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
MB Folding Mirrors

Were you asked to sign a liability release when you had the retrofit done? If so, you may have a bigger problem.

While I found at least 5 people on this forum with missing mirrors on their 2017 C63 coupes across the US, my local dealership informed me they have retrotted SEVERAL 2017s just in my area. There's no telling how many were built missing this feature, and it's unconscionable MBUSA still will not acknowledge this. After 5 weeks of opening a technical case, they came back and said retrofit not possible. WRONG. My dealership did the retrofit next week in 24 hours. Easy.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:59 AM

Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
MB Corporate

I've been working with MB corporate. Were you asked to sign a liability waiver release? My attorney recommended not signing. Essentially, you release MB of ALL future problems with the vehicle.

MBUSA after several weeks came back to me with the answer "retrofit is not possible". And that was after me hounding them, calling to try to get a response at least once a week--they never call you back, at least my "customer advocate" didn't. What a joke. I convinced my local dealership's service dept. (w/ help from my sales person) to try to the retrofit. I saw it should be possible from research I had done online and seeing others' experience retrofitting the power-folding mirrors on previous generation MB cars. My svc dept. ordered the necessary parts (mirror housings and replacement driver's side door switch that includes the fold button), and completed the parts retrofit and associated programming update to COMAND within 24 hours. My dealership (MB of Plano)'s service adviser told me they completed several of these retrofits for new C-coupes delivered w/ out the folding mirrors. Don't let them tell you it's not possible. My experience with my 2017 C63S coupe is living proof that it is!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:01 AM

2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Were you asked to sign a liability release when you had the retrofit done? If so, you may have a bigger problem.
Absolutely not. There was no mention of any release by MBUSA or my local dealership. Any such release would be unlawful and wrong...releasing MB of any future problem w/ the vehicle?? That's crazy. They're giving you the run-around. Unfortunately, my experience has been working with my local dealer and management has been much more effective than working with MBUSA. They are horrible, unfortunately, based on my experience.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:48 AM

6x6 | 4x4
You guys are acting crazy. I understand you ordered the car with Power Folding Mirrors, and it did not come with them.

The FIX is very easy, and MB foots the bill.

All they do is install the switch, everything works as it should after that.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:05 PM

09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NYCBenz
You guys are acting crazy. I understand you ordered the car with Power Folding Mirrors, and it did not come with them.

The FIX is very easy, and MB foots the bill.

All they do is install the switch, everything works as it should after that.
Based on reading several posts in this thread, it isn't as simple as it should be. Seems like even if the fix is easy, getting them to do it is not.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:11 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by Mbm6f
Based on reading several posts in this thread, it isn't as simple as it should be. Seems like even if the fix is easy, getting them to do it is not.
I guess it all depends on what dealer you take it to.

MBUSA is very aware of the situation, however I assume most dealers don't care to ask Corporate for the fix.

Instead of complaining to MBUSA, take it to your dealer and tell them to install the switch (as the motors are already installed in car itself).

When I worked at MB Manhattan, the first C43 Coupe to come to the US did not have the switch installed, and I was shocked (as well as my client).

After a few quick emails, we were informed that a "few" of the early cars (I assume around 30-50) ran out of the Power Folding Mirror Switch during production, so they were shipped without them.

We were able to source a switch from another dealer, and we got it installed.

MBUSA covered the installation charge, and they WILL cover it on any C43 Coupe that had the Option during the build.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:15 PM

09 C63 AMG
Wow that sounds like a good dealer!

In my experience MBUSA is kind of a pain to work with but most of the dealers have been good.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:16 PM

6x6 | 4x4
Originally Posted by Mbm6f
Wow that sounds like a good dealer!

In my experience MBUSA is kind of a pain to work with but most of the dealers have been good.
lol, well MB Manhattan is owned by MBUSA (the only corporate dealer in the US), so it had it's advantages for sure.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes C63s coupe
Mirror issue

i have a 2017 C63S coupe with the P3 package that did not include the folding mirrors. I heard there is a retrofit available. I am going to see my dealer next week to see what they say and will let you knows. If they don't rectify it or give adequate compensation I am all for proceeding with a class action lawsuit.
Mitch

Not sure if you saw my post, but the same thing happened to me. My car was delivered last week, and that night when I got home I realized the power-folding mirrors were missing. My dealer has contacted MBUSA, as has another user on the forums here, and apparently there were 10 cars produced with this missing feature by mistake. You are now the 3rd out of 10 I suppose. My dealer is researching whether the parts can be ordered and retrofitted to the car. Should be possible. Before exploring that option further, they offered me a $1,000 credit for the mistake. $150 off is ridiculous. I hope you didn't accept that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!